April Fools patch notes.... again?

Alpha.1308

• "Medic's Feedback: Reduced revive pulse from 5% to 1% in PvP and WvW."

like, then at least give us a better option?

are these people for real?

this can't be real, right?

is this april fools again?

ANOTHER smiters boon nerf because you refuse to make actual changes?

have we forgotten entirely about Smiter's Boon?
or Well of Precognition?

how you gonna give us trash, then just keep nerfing (no, literally KILLING) the only things that have any form of actual in-game interaction? even if it's STILL not even all that great?

because i know these garbage mantras you gave us ain't getting any use, so that mantra heal trait can't be used ever 

and i don't know who thought the 20-30s cooldown "one condi removed" trait was a good idea, but i feel like i need to have several conversations with whoever actually thought this was acceptable 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I think you missed the confusion part which basically boot the condi mesmer out of it's niche encounters in PvE.

Naw, snowcrows posted the numbers already in their discord. axe/t mirage its like a 5k dps loss on the top end for SH and TL. For staff mirage its like 8k dps loss for top end on SH/TL. 

So normal players will probably see less of a dps loss because they aren't hitting 50k benchmarks on those bosses. 

The nerf still sucks, basically in an 8 purple 2 blue squad on TL its like losing 1 player, but its still more dps than it was before miralac was a thing. 

EDIT: Guess it doesn't embed the picture 😞 just puts a link from the discord copy image. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/744584060319432714/875893138437341264/unknown.png

Also: One day maybe mesmers can get patch notes have something other than nerfs 🙂

Edited by LuRkEr.9462
Added snowcrows data
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 8/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Aren't all of the other revival traits

then fix them

that's literally the problem here i'm trying to point out

i couldn't care less about how it measures up to other traits in the same scenario

they need to stop making things useless just because they don't want to bother actually balancing them

same goes for 300s cooldown trashy bandaids

and lots more 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alpha.1308 said:

then fix them

that's literally the problem here i'm trying to point out

i couldn't care less about how it measures up to other traits in the same scenario

they need to stop making things useless just because they don't want to bother actually balancing them

same goes for 300s cooldown trashy bandaids

and lots more 

if you look at pve, our medic feed back has a cooldown of 32 seconds, and it revive 5 percent, while both necro's and ele's revival trait is 7 percent, and necro has a 30s cooldown while ele's has a 20s cooldown. guardian does 15 percent, but it a one time thing. so it doesn't even measure up to other traits in pve

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Bruh guys,  mesmers are not allowed to be good at anything, Anet is making a design choice to sacrifice the mesmer class for the people who cry about them.

It can't support any better then anyone.

It can't do dps any better then anyone.

It can't tank any better then anyone.

There absolutely no reason to bring a mesmer over any other class its been this way for 3-4 years and they continue to nerf it, reroll or quit there is nothing but heartache coming for you.

You bring no unique buffs.

You aren't tank enough.

Your don't do anymore damage in pvp or pve.

You don't have the best mobility.

You don't have the best sustain.

You don't have any unique tools to add to your team.

You don't have any unique buffs to add to you team.

You barely add fields on the map.

You cannot fight in a wvw zerg w/o taking massive risks.

There absolute no reason to play mesmers at all outside of just enjoying a class despite how inferior it is to every class in the game BY A LARGE MARGIN.

Quit the class make it go from 3rd least played to most least played make the class god kitten invisible maybe then anet will fix it but till then its gonna be removal after removal heart break after heartbreak till the class completely doesn't work or its another class entirely separate from the original design choice.

Its on you guys, i have quit my mesmer after 2k hours on its just not worth stress.

Open world PvE doesn't matter because you can succeed on anything as kitten i'm talking about organized pvp and pve.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Bruh guys,  mesmers are not allowed to be good at anything, Anet is making a design choice to sacrifice the mesmer class for the people who cry about them.

There absolutely no reason to bring a mesmer over any other class its been this way for 3-4 years and they continue to nerf it, reroll or quit there is nothing but heartache coming for you.

You aren't tank enough.

There absolute no reason to play mesmers at all outside of just enjoying a class despite how inferior it is to every class in the game BY A LARGE MARGIN.

Quit the class make it go from 3rd least played to most least played make the class god kitten invisible maybe then anet will fix it but till then its gonna be removal after removal heart break after heartbreak till the class completely doesn't work or its another class entirely separate from the original design choice.

Its on you guys, i have quit my mesmer after 2k hours on its just not worth stress.

Open world PvE doesn't matter because you can succeed on anything as kitten i'm talking about organized pvp and pve.

So I was also upset with how meh things are. But let's not be hyperbolic.

Mesmer absolutely can tank better than anyone, and by a large margin vs certain professions. Evades, distortion, blocks, health reversion. It's not even close. They also have unique tools that make them desirable even when you can't get illusions off. There will still be reasons to bring them.

That being said, I do expect some uncomfortable role reshuffling. Confusion is not as powerful as before against certain foes. Harbingers may be the new quickness bots. While virtuosos replace weavers as top dps on certain encounters. 

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

it doesn't even measure up to other traits in pve

which is just extra pathetic, given the fact that it's literally pve

you can already just resurrect for free to begin with, so who the butts cares about pve resurrection 

• Confused 2

On 8/17/2021 at 2:03 AM, Genesis.5169 said:

You aren't tank enough.

Pretty sure I remember SnowCrows saying a while back "without Chronomancer there is no meta." For the last 3-4 years, Mesmer has been one of the most highly-valued classes in raids for all of DPS, supporting, and tanking. Specifically because they bring utility that's much harder for other classes to emulate (especially portals), and is the only class still that can maintain Quickness and Alacrity at the same time. They are, despite the Confusion nerfs, still going to be a reliable go-to for pretty much all of the condi fights where you wanted them anyway. It's just that instead of being completely and unquestionably by far the absolute best in slot in there, you might actually be able to more easily justify bringing other condi classes without feeling the opportunity cost as hard.

Listen, nerfs suck. But I don't think you're realizing just how utterly busted Chrono had to start for them to be able to get this many nerfs and still be not only a staple in raids, but remain an absolute pillar of high-end comps. Even with the latest round, Purple Class isn't going anywhere. To say that they're worse than other classes by a wide margin requires you to very literally ignore statistics all over the place that say otherwise. A class that's awful doesn't remain a pillar of the raid meta. Yet, here Mesmers sit.

So I'll say it plain: If you think Mesmers are notably worse than other classes then that is entirely an opinion, and not even a particularly good one since stats don't even back it up. The latest rounds of nerfs they've seen this year were hitting what was very genuinely THE highest-performing class in the entire game in raids. Stacking Chronos was meta in every fight where it even remotely made sense because of Danger Time. Even now Mirage is a constant on the relevant condi fights. The Confusion nerfs leave them at... an estimated "highest damage on those bosses still." 

Mesmer's biggest problem is typically their difficulty in maximizing their effectiveness, not their toolkit, not their sustain, not their lack of unique buffs, not their tanking... really though, if you think Mesmers have a problem tanking then I don't even know what to tell you since you're talking about what is still considered the premier raid tank whose only real competition in that role is Healbrand, for basically the same sort of reason.

I won't comment on PvP modes. But to say Mesmer is worse than other classes in PvE speaks to a fundamental lack of knowledge on your part over the last 3-4 years. People joke that Guard is the golden child and most spoiled class from ANet, but honestly, the more I read what some Mesmers say here, I'm pretty certain Mesmer is actually the spoiled golden child but thinks they're the red-headed step-child because someone finally gets what Mesmer had a monopoly on for years and used that monopoly to completely and utterly shape the meta in their image. So now that other classes get some of their toys they think they're the worst and most abused class and need more to compensate, even when they're performing very well in PvE and have been for an incredibly long time. Again, that only applies to PvE, because I won't comment on the status of Mesmer in PvP because I don't often use mine there. They may well be awful and overly risky in those modes, I won't refute that if they are.

Edited by Caitir.6947
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2021 at 7:20 AM, Caitir.6947 said:

Pretty sure I remember SnowCrows saying a while back "without Chronomancer there is no meta." For the last 3-4 years, Mesmer has been one of the most highly-valued classes in raids for all of DPS, supporting, and tanking. Specifically because they bring utility that's much harder for other classes to emulate (especially portals), and is the only class still that can maintain Quickness and Alacrity at the same time. They are, despite the Confusion nerfs, still going to be a reliable go-to for pretty much all of the condi fights where you wanted them anyway. It's just that instead of being completely and unquestionably by far the absolute best in slot in there, you might actually be able to more easily justify bringing other condi classes without feeling the opportunity cost as hard.

Listen, nerfs suck. But I don't think you're realizing just how utterly busted Chrono had to start for them to be able to get this many nerfs and still be not only a staple in raids, but remain an absolute pillar of high-end comps. Even with the latest round, Purple Class isn't going anywhere. To say that they're worse than other classes by a wide margin requires you to very literally ignore statistics all over the place that say otherwise. A class that's awful doesn't remain a pillar of the raid meta. Yet, here Mesmers sit.

So I'll say it plain: If you think Mesmers are notably worse than other classes then that is entirely an opinion, and not even a particularly good one since stats don't even back it up. The latest rounds of nerfs they've seen this year were hitting what was very genuinely THE highest-performing class in the entire game in raids. Stacking Chronos was meta in every fight where it even remotely made sense because of Danger Time. Even now Mirage is a constant on the relevant condi fights. The Confusion nerfs leave them at... an estimated "highest damage on those bosses still." 

Mesmer's biggest problem is typically their difficulty in maximizing their effectiveness, not their toolkit, not their sustain, not their lack of unique buffs, not their tanking... really though, if you think Mesmers have a problem tanking then I don't even know what to tell you since you're talking about what is still considered the premier raid tank whose only real competition in that role is Healbrand, for basically the same sort of reason.

I won't comment on PvP modes. But to say Mesmer is worse than other classes in PvE speaks to a fundamental lack of knowledge on your part over the last 3-4 years. People joke that Guard is the golden child and most spoiled class from ANet, but honestly, the more I read what some Mesmers say here, I'm pretty certain Mesmer is actually the spoiled golden child but thinks they're the red-headed step-child because someone finally gets what Mesmer had a monopoly on for years and used that monopoly to completely and utterly shape the meta in their image. So now that other classes get some of their toys they think they're the worst and most abused class and need more to compensate, even when they're performing very well in PvE and have been for an incredibly long time. Again, that only applies to PvE, because I won't comment on the status of Mesmer in PvP because I don't often use mine there. They may well be awful and overly risky in those modes, I won't refute that if they are.

As some one who has LNHB, and did raids, and pvp (gold 2) and all round seeker of difficult content.

No.

That is all.

Man crazy you really believe that too.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Caitir.6947 said:

Pretty sure I remember SnowCrows saying a while back "without Chronomancer there is no meta." For the last 3-4 years, Mesmer has been one of the most highly-valued classes in raids for all of DPS, supporting, and tanking.

3 hours ago, Caitir.6947 said:

Listen, nerfs suck. But I don't think you're realizing just how utterly busted Chrono had to start for them to be able to get this many nerfs and still be not only a staple in raids, but remain an absolute pillar of high-end comps.

you honestly don't see a conflicting problem here?

you're accepting something can have absolutely useless and braindead ideas shoved into them because it has mechanically broken features that make it a REQUIREMENT?

you think something being a requirement is any better?

no, fix the class, then

give people actual options 

this isn't an argument, this is accepting ignorance 

3 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

As some one who has LHNB, and did raids, and pvp (gold 2) and all round seeker of difficult content.

ahahaha i'm so glad someone who actually does pve said this

i don't pve at all, so, glad i'm not the only one here

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

This mostly has to do with a bias the devs have had against revival of any kind. It started back around 2014, and slowly but surely every single thing related to being able to save other players from death has been nerfed.

It has nothing to do with Mesmer in this case, they just had one of the few remaining options.

I never understood the obsession with excessive dying/waypointing in this game when every other MMO on the market has had these kinds of tools since around 1997.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

On 8/19/2021 at 12:20 PM, Caitir.6947 said:

you realize that chrono was only "meta" for tight 10man premade groups on raids specifically right?
while they sucked everywhere else, from open world pve, to dungeons to fractals, to pvp all the way to WvW.
phantasms die, clones die, F4 rotation gets interupted, when you get hit you dont have healing skill as its used for damage
etcetc, I could pull about 40k dps on a golem with chrono, but during actual fight In fractal I can do way more on condi firebrand by mushing random kitten, it is how it is.
chrono was S+ tier for raids and C tier for everything else, now its A tier for raids and dogshit tier for everything else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2021 at 7:14 PM, Justine.6351 said:

Just waiting for temporal curtain nerf.

literally for what? 

unless you're stating this ironically due to the topic, in which case, +1 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:47 PM, Hannelore.8153 said:

This mostly has to do with a bias the devs have had against revival of any kind. It started back around 2014, and slowly but surely every single thing related to being able to save other players from death has been nerfed.

then they should just be removed

again, this is such a simple fix, and it's dumbfoundingly pathetic that this is the direction they take

if they don't want to figure out how to balance something, ignoring it being the balance teams only job to begin with, then they need to stop smiters booning everything, and just completely remove them and change them into something else 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:47 PM, Hannelore.8153 said:

It has nothing to do with Mesmer in this case, they just had one of the few remaining options.

I never understood the obsession with excessive dying/waypointing in this game when every other MMO on the market has had these kinds of tools since around 1997.

it IS  "mesmer in this case", because if you read, my entire post was about the lack of other options

also ignoring that this is in the mesmer subforum i guess 

i couldn't care less about it being a res trait in the slightest 

the problem being, the traitline is absolutely god awful, like the rest of mesmers traitlines, yet the ONLY option here was this trashy res trait, which still was a joke to begin with, but at least it actually DID something in the game  

and i don't understand where you're trying to go with the "res/waypoint obsession" at all?

On 8/13/2021 at 6:57 PM, Alpha.1308 said:

or Well of Precognition?

how you gonna give us trash, then just keep nerfing (no, literally KILLING) the only things that have any form of actual in-game interaction? even if it's STILL not even all that great?

because i know these garbage mantras you gave us ain't getting any use, so that mantra heal trait can't be used ever 

and i don't know who thought the 20-30s cooldown "one condi removed" trait was a good idea, but i feel like i need to have several conversations with whoever actually thought this was acceptable 

Necro devs don't want interaction they want damage hoses with boon necros on top

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alpha.1308 said:

again

does nobody have any form of reading comprehension 

i mean apparently, if people actually make these asinine comments

stop reading the first sentence by itself

should i literally go ahead and link every single resurrect trait, and competing traits, on other classes?

or would people just not read that, either, so it wouldn't matter?

do other people actually know what other classes have replacements for?

the only thing similar is, like, elementalist, but even then, have you SEEN THEIR TRAITLINES?!?!

how the holy butts do you make dumb comments like this and ignore what ele traitlines look like, while comparing them to a freaking mesmer 

Sounds like you just want the game to play itself.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:57 AM, Alpha.1308 said:

or Well of Precognition?

Yes it's April's fool at every balance patch it seems. I guess the current nerfs are in preparation for the new elite spec, although I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Sounds like you just want the game to play itself.

wait

wat

ahahha

i hope this is also ironic, i actually can't tell because some people might actually think this way

did you just say that me, wanting more interactable interactions with trait lines that are actual OPTIONS, and not pigeonholed fake selections, that the player needs to build for and think about using, is wanting the game to play itself?

because i said a garbage trait that got nerfed, when it's competing between other garbage traits, is an absolutely pathetic concept for "balancing"?

you quoted my comment about the main post, so, i'm not sure if you mean that

or do you mean your previous comment about temporal curtain? 

one of the few abilities in the game that has an actually good telegraph that actually involves thinking about?

at least in pvp, i don't care about pve, if that's what you mean, that mode already "plays itself" sooo that can't be an argument anyone would try to use, i hope

i also hope it's just still ironic

i mean, i could also accept the curtain having no 1s CD anymore between placing and activating, but instead, when you press the pull flip over skill, the curtain itself could have the 1s timer there, during which it makes very obviously loud visual/audio cues that it's going to pull

that should be acceptable for pvp, more telegraphs....... on an otherwise stupid easy to avoid class with something like freaking Mirror Blade's animation over here and clones that have to run into you and now these dumb$$$$$$$$$ virtuoso "shatters" that you can LITERALLY JUST A/D STRAFE TO AVOID WHO THE BUTTS MADE THIS DUMB DESIGN DECISION and all, wouldn't really feel that great, but the curtain is already strong, sooo, that actually might be a fair nerf

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1