Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

48 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

The fractal God title and the buff are intertwined. They both are the part of the same reward, and absolutely prestige rewards. 

They're interwined, so what? In World of Warcraft getting Cutting Edge achivement is interwined with getting the best gear in the game, yet one is prestige reward and another is part of progression. Title "Fracrtal god" is prestige reward, effect is part (well final part) of progression in fractals. Skin/visual effect of legendary equipment is prestige reward, features provided by legendary gear is logical conclussion of gear progression in the game.

1 hour ago, yann.1946 said:

And for the skyscale, you can just look how many people call it the legendary mount. 

People may call things what they like, yet it's name isn't spelled in purple color and it doesn't have tag "Legendary" like all legendary items do. Tou want find such a thing like Legendary mount here. People call unique weapon skins from BLTC legendaries because of effects and overall production quality, yet the're not legendaries.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

No worries! Folks see the username and assume xD silly teenage crush.

That is true, we dont know how many and i doubt even anet knows.

I also think wvw and pvp needs unique armor need unique skins. Its always bothered me that anet was so lazy with their implementation.

Oh and here I thought it  was from the Dante Valentine books.

https://www.amazon.com/Working-Devil-Dante-Valentine-Book-ebook/dp/B000UWAEY0/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dante+valentine+book+1&qid=1629556386&sr=8-1

8 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

"Since we began designing the skyscale, our goal was to deliver a story and experience that rivaled our other prestige mount, the griffon."

Well i get it, i might disagree with developers, but i'm for sure will be at disadvantage, so if they call it so, so be it. If they consider Griffon and Skyscale as prestige rewards and not as progression ones, then i think it contradict their own design philosophies, making "such a powerful mount" (from the same topic) a prestige reward is not good design for the game, though i myself never considered effort needed to get griffon or skyscale significant enough for them to have status of prestige reward.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Of course you do... their statement directly conflicts with your false rhetoric.

Have anything to say on other part of my post? Do you think items that increase player's effectiveness should be prestige rewards and locking content and features behind prestige rewards is a good thing?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Have anything to say on other part of my post? Do you think items that increase player's effectiveness should be prestige rewards and locking content and features behind prestige rewards is a good thing?

You spewed false rhetoric, I corrected you.

Rather than acknowledge that correction you responded with tired armchair developing and semantics.

There's nothing to engage you on.

You are saying nothing new or of value, merely trying to argue your way into internet points.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

You spewed false rhetoric, I corrected you.

Rather than acknowledge that correction you responded with tired armchair developing and semantics.

There's nothing to engage you on.

You are saying nothing new or of value, merely trying to argue your way into internet points.

I didn't try to avoid your proofs and admitted that i was wrong, even if i don't agree with statement. I'm ready to continue discussion with Scyscale being a prestige reward as a fact, but it seems so your goal was not a discussion, but to prove me being wrong on something and use it as a tool to insult me and avoid further conversation and inconvinient questions. So do you have anything to say except insults?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

I didn't try to avoid your proofs and admitted that i was wrong, even if i don't agree with statement. I'm ready to continue discussion with Scyscale being a prestige reward as a fact, but it seems so your goal was not a discussion, but to prove me being wrong on something and use it as a tool to insult me and avoid further conversation and inconvinient questions. So do you have anything to say except insults?

You can get all those stats with ascended equipment so nothing that increase player's effectiveness is locked behind legendary gear.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You can get all those stats with ascended equipment so nothing that increase player's effectiveness is locked behind legendary gear.

And to do so you need to spend time and resources each time you want to shage stats. Effectiveness isn't just you ability to complete content, but how fast, smooth etc you can do it, unless maybe i wrong on this one too. If you have 1 slot in a raid squad, and you need to choose betwen 2 equaly experienced players, but one has legendary gear and another only ascended, who will you choose? Both can stat swap and both will have to change their role on different bosses.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/15/2021 at 5:33 AM, lokh.2695 said:

The amount of open world PvE needed to be on par with what is required for armor in Raids/WvW/PvP would be so high we would have endless threads complaining about it. I doubt the people who open this topic every two weeks are aware of that.

I agree with this. Just started down the path of legendary armor from WvW and unlike the achievements that give you the armor in raids in one chest, for WvW, you gotta to the reward track 6 times just to get the opening pieces, then purchase each ascended piece, plus the materials needed for each piece for the forge AND the Gift of Battle track 6 times as well. Lots of work. Worth it? To me, yes. To others, oh they'd hate it and I doubt Anet would make the gear easy mode to get. There would be outrage from those that spent years  and god only knows how much gold getting several sets, plus weapons and trinkets.

With the convenience of on the fly stat swapping, I think it should be difficult to get legendary items. I have 7 in total (5 weapons, 1 trinket and a backpack) and despite how casual I am, I took the time to work on each one, except The Moot which I had the gold to buy outright, and it felt great to finally get them. I mean, you want another path to PvE legendary gear, be my guest, but don't be surprised, or even angry, when it takes FOREVER and change to get any of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

And to do so you need to spend time and resources each time you want to shage stats. Effectiveness isn't just you ability to complete content, but how fast, smooth etc you can do it, unless maybe i wrong on this one too. If you have 1 slot in a raid squad, and you need to choose betwen 2 equaly experienced players, but one has legendary gear and another only ascended, who will you choose? Both can stat swap and both will have to change their role on different bosses.

There is no practical difference between the teammate with legendary armor and the teammate who just has two ascended sets for their two different gear templates. You would be far, far better off just choosing whoever's got the better set of alts, or whoever's schedule is more flexible, or whoever is more fun to have in chat.

This is true even if the legendary player also has a full set of +5 stat infusions to socket into their leggos and the ascended-only player doesn't.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kanok.3027 said:

I agree with this. Just started down the path of legendary armor from WvW and unlike the achievements that give you the armor in raids in one chest, for WvW, you gotta to the reward track 6 times just to get the opening pieces, then purchase each ascended piece, plus the materials needed for each piece for the forge AND the Gift of Battle track 6 times as well. Lots of work. Worth it? To me, yes. To others, oh they'd hate it and I doubt Anet would make the gear easy mode to get. There would be outrage from those that spent years  and god only knows how much gold getting several sets, plus weapons and trinkets.

With the convenience of on the fly stat swapping, I think it should be difficult to get legendary items. I have 7 in total (5 weapons, 1 trinket and a backpack) and despite how casual I am, I took the time to work on each one, except The Moot which I had the gold to buy outright, and it felt great to finally get them. I mean, you want another path to PvE legendary gear, be my guest, but don't be surprised, or even angry, when it takes FOREVER and change to get any of it.

As it absolutely should. The complaints about ‘well we have to stat change ascended!’ Is EXACTLY THE POINT. Legendary is supposed to offer something ABOVE every other class, but the system was designed awesomely enough that it wasn’t in the actual numbers, just the convenience

I loved LOTRO, but it when they raised the stats every expansion, it felt like invalidating all the work put into the gear of the previous expansion. And the obsolete numbers became very apparent very quickly in that

system.

Here? The numbers stay the same amount, the meta just shifts in execution. And even then, stat changing can be done easily in ascended. Considering how ridiculously more costly each armor piece is in legendary compared to ascended? Keep it how it is, please

(this is coming from someone who doesn’t have a single complete legendary armor set, either)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ASP.8093 said:

There is no practical difference between the teammate with legendary armor and the teammate who just has two ascended sets for their two different gear templates. You would be far, far better off just choosing whoever's got the better set of alts, or whoever's schedule is more flexible, or whoever is more fun to have in chat.

Everything is exactly the same except gear rarity, both will have to change stats, one will do it on legendary gear, another will go to Mystic Forge to do so. Who would you choose?

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Kanok.3027 said:

Offer them another way to get it and it's up to them to  choose the way with the least resistance

Also  increase the gold in Raids

Edited by Noir.8561

24 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Well i would chose the one with the best characters on each boss, hint its not always the same class.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Everything is exactly the same except gear rarity, both will have to change stats, one will do it on legendary gear, another will go to Mystic Forge to do so. Who would you choose?

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well i would chose the one with the best characters on each boss, hint its not always the same class.

Again depends on what classes they got since they  might not need to switch the ascended at all.

But if you for some reason only roll 1 class ever and want to raid then maybe you should get 1 ascended/exotic armor per role for that class?

Edited by Linken.6345

21 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

And even then, stat changing can be done easily in ascended. Considering how ridiculously more costly each armor piece is in legendary compared to ascended?

The cost and time required isn't the problem, people who ussualy ask for OW legendary armor understand that this should require big time and resource investment and this isn't a problem, so please don't use this as an argument, our concern is to being able to get legendary armor by playing the mode we like, not to get it fast, easy and cheap.

Edited by Rinagal.9235
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Again depends on what classes they got since they  might not need to switch the ascended at all.

But if you for some reaosn only roll 1 class ever and want to raid then maybe you should get 1 ascended armor per role for that class?

Both have all 9 professions 80 lvl with all elite specs unlocked, legendary guy has 3 legendary armor sets of different weight types, another have 3 ascended armor viper sets of different weight types, both ready to change stats on their gear if needed and they'll need to.

Edited by Rinagal.9235
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Uh, what?

Nobody drops ascended items into the Mystic constantly to swap between two builds! They just have different gear templates ready to go for the builds they actually know how to play. This shouldn't be that weird, it's literally how we were all playing the game until a few months ago. (Two ascended sets: still much cheaper than legendary armor!)

If you're loading into a raid and someone's like "oh hmm you want condi mirage on this boss, never done that before but i can scrape together some gear i guess," then the thing that matters is how much you trust them to figure things out on the fly, or how well you think they'll take advice/criticism when they mess something up. And that player's still likely to be far below someone who's run the same build a bunch before still playing in dumb exotic armor they got out of Bladed boxes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Both have all 9 professions 80 lvl with all elite specs unlocked, legendary guy has 3 legendary armor sets of different weight types, another have 3 ascended armor viper sets of different weight types, both ready to change stats on their gear if needed and they'll need to.

In that very narrow not expected in reallity example you take the one with legendary, but only if they both know how to play the different roles.

And if they do then why dont the other guy got gear for second role?