What about our new gimmick?

Verdict is Vengence.6912

It'll be pistols with different ammunition types for different effects. The special skill buttons will swap the ammo which will allow for different types of combo with other one handed weapons or with dual pistols. Utilities will relate to applying some sort of mark or debuff on one or more targets that are consumed by the pistol's special ammo for extra effect.

3 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

this would require some trait rework though. there are some stuff tied to our weapon swap. 

But I already included it in the quoted section.
Kit swaps would have a cool down of 7s going into them and coming out of them but could be traited with fast hands to make the swap in and out faster.

I think it will be something lame and overpowered at first, also it would be something reused from another class like Full counter, it will probably be one dimensional and be just core bruiser warrior but now with a gun , so it will be GS Pistol/Shield and whatever the meta build is it will have Discipline and most probably it will rely heavily on hitting them burst skills in PVP.

Ou and probably it wouldn't be a support but some damage dealer ,which would be pointless since Berserker fulfils that role fine enough be it condi or power in PVE. 
Almost forgot "You will bring banners" even if your utilities are insane so will be stuck with enough space to have 1 slot free if it is viable for PVE. 

I have had thoughts about our new Burst ability, but frankly, I don't know if I would want something more than F1, f2 and f3 on warrior. I would love to see something big and more complex, but at the same time I'm afraid that for the sake of skills and 'cool' factor, they may screw over the actual game play fluidity of warrior and create something questionable, aka Willbender. 

I'm really hoping for a 3rd weapon set.

F1 burst (access to all 3 bars of adrenaline)

F2 second weapon set

F3 third weapon set

You could also swap sequentially from first to second to third sets using your current swap weapon button. But the F2 and F3 feature would allow you to go from first set to third set, then to second set, etc, to immediately get to the weapon set that you wanted.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364

51 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I'm really hoping for a 3rd weapon set.

F1 burst (access to all 3 bars of adrenaline)

F2 second weapon set

F3 third weapon set

You could also swap sequentially from first to second to third sets using your current swap weapon button. But the F2 and F3 feature would allow you to go from first set to third set, then to second set, etc, to immediately get to the weapon set that you wanted.

But what would be the 'Trade off (TM)?'

17 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

But I already included it in the quoted section.
Kit swaps would have a cool down of 7s going into them and coming out of them but could be traited with fast hands to make the swap in and out faster.

Imo yeah, I'm with you, it'd be great to have anything different and interesting at this point, but until now warrs get nothing that would make anet to spend more than 3 months of work for it. They'll just copy paste the core story rytlock's off hand pistol and call it a day.

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Well, given by their tweet, the gimmick might just be that it's not a pistol, but a fwickin gunblade

1) BAMF pose right there.
2) The freaking gauntlets have barrels on them.
3) Those are some really high caliber rounds on the wrists. 

Are we getting a gunblade and fistols mode?

It's fistols isn't it.

It's likely mixed up with the engineer. Therefore, it will likely use all sort of tricks to power up its weapons from flaming blade with oil, to explosives bullets galore in addition to grenades and wrist-guns. The Silhouette alone suggest there's a Iaijutsu (quick-draw counter-attack) skill by means of gunpowder from its scabbard.

I think that we lose bursts all together. F1 F2 and F3 enter weapon stances. Gunblade, mis range fistols, then a long range artillery mode.

Each attack counts as a t1 burst. Adrenaline decays in the modes only, and can be regained in the mode. Entering and leaving counts as weapon swap. Modes have no CD. Entering and leaving the modes executes an attack. Attacks in the mode cost adrenaline per use.

Each of the lines in the traitline modifies one of the modes.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

what if the new gimmick is to treat one handed weapons as if they are two handed with new kits. For example, right now you equip a one hand sword and you only get 3 skills, but with this e spec you equip a one hand sword it gives you full unique 5 skills. New weapon could be pistol still and use this mechanic as well.

On 9/4/2021 at 1:07 AM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Gadgets ? Ngl I like the idea just as much as kits. And finally warrior wouldn't be the only one giving physicals and stances around like candy

Gadgets are kinda just physical skills with a different name, tho. Wouldn't be the most interesting choices when it comes to gameplay.

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Gadgets are kinda just physical skills with a different name, tho. Wouldn't be the most interesting choices when it comes to gameplay.

I see them more as a combination of stances and physicals tbh. It's not like Rage and Meditation skills rly added much to warriorgameplay anyway, for this to be an issue..Getting exceed skills would be a copypasted Holo and I don't want that, Kits can't work tbh, Turrets is out of the question and elixirs are not emant for us. Gadgets tho are enoug of a broad term to encompass multiple highly different types of skills.

Unless we get an unique type, which I wouldn't mind, but getting an old one and probably a rune for it would be interesting.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:44 PM, Smoosh.2718 said:

Just had a thought for the name for the warrior elite spec along with a posibility:

The 'Armourer'

Loses access to their 2nd weapon set but gains kits with a weapon swap cooldown timer (can be traited with fast hands to lower their down time to 5s). Kits could include weapons that have never been in the game, spears, greataxes, rocket launchers, shotguns, kick/punching kit miniguns ect.

The spec would have to have a heavy focus on supporting allies while also providing damage trait options for their kits and weapons. Support wise, imagine the warrior dropped a limited use weapon for an ally to pick up as well when they activate the weapon kit when traited. This would allow allies to pick up weapons to use in combat to fight or to to support i.e. healing/barrier/protection/regeneration/condi cleansing ect ect.

This in turn would create a total of 45 new skills to play with.

I doubt this is what they have gone with but would be quite interesting if they did. (This also means you spear fan boiis would also get your wish of having a spear! Or monk like attacks using kicks and punches (not like rampage, normal tuned attacks that can be used like a normal rotation on a weapon)).

I've got a name for that spec, how about the Engineer?

18 hours ago, TugboatSteve.3607 said:

I've got a name for that spec, how about the Engineer?

You have noticed that the elite specs are Anets way of mixing classes together right? They take a skill set from another class and work it into the other. Kits and conjures do not exist on any other class and would be nice to finally see on another class. (just like elixirs were recently added to necromancer)

3 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

You have noticed that the elite specs are Anets way of mixing classes together right? They take a skill set from another class and work it into the other. Kits and conjures do not exist on any other class and would be nice to finally see on another class. (just like elixirs were recently added to necromancer)

ANYBODY else is MORE than welcome to have banners. ANYBODY else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1