• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Drennon.7190 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Press f2 and kill ppl

They do way too much damage

They also die in about 5 seconds if you attack them...

5s you attack the pet is 5s you are not attacking ranger, add in pet swap and you end up wasting 10s + most of your cooldowns to kill a pet thats going to be up in couple of sec anyways, you better be able to win 1v1 with ranger by using basic attacks alone or its not working fam

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"shadowpass.4236" said:Press f2 and kill ppl

5s you attack the pet is 5s you are not attacking ranger, add in pet swap and you end up wasting 10s + most of your cooldowns to kill a pet thats going to be up in couple of sec anyways, you better be able to win 1v1 with ranger by using basic attacks alone or its not working fam+1.I don t know why the hell swapping pet reset pet's health. IMO pet's health should regenerate according to how long they ve been "unused". Some thing like 1% of total health gained each 1.2 secs (based on 60s to rally a pet with 50% health). So that swapping will not be something they do only for them (boons, burst, smoke...)but also for the pet. IMO rangers should take a little more care of their pets.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

5s you attack the pet is 5s you are not attacking ranger, add in pet swap and you end up wasting 10s + most of your cooldowns to kill a pet thats going to be up in couple of sec anyways, you better be able to win 1v1 with ranger by using basic attacks alone or its not working fam+1.I don t know why the hell swapping pet reset pet's health. IMO pet's health should regenerate according to how long they ve been "unused". Some thing like 1% of total health gained each 1.2 secs (based on 60s to rally a pet with 50% health). So that swapping will not be something they do only for them (boons, burst, smoke...)but also for the pet. IMO rangers should take a little more care of their pets.

that would be fine in 1v1, but in 2v2/3v3 pet would be perma dead, let alone wvw xd.Its just something that cant be balanced right as long as pet deals good damage, it should provide utility and CC and nothing more.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

that would be fine in 1v1, but in 2v2/3v3 pet would be perma dead, let alone wvw xd.Its just something that cant be balanced right as long as pet deals good damage, it should provide utility and CC and nothing more.

They will finally use that f3 skill.

@Avatar.3568 said:If you remove dmg from pet give it ranger.

I see this all the time but people never suggest removing damage from pets in general. It's only very specific pets that they believe cause too much damage or are overtuned in other ways. There would be absolutely no need for compensation.

No idea where this compensation culture has come from.

@Odik.4587 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:You cant dodge the F2 now? Play holo. Does just fine.Dodge poorly telegraphed skill without a cast time ... Ye, just dodge it like everyone dodge steal, kappa

When the pet gets within a specific range it will attack you. So all you have to do is dodge when pet is at the right distance and you'll dodge it almost every time.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

I see this all the time but people never suggest removing damage from pets in general. It's only very specific pets that they believe cause too much damage or are overtuned in other ways. There would be absolutely no need for compensation.

We use birds, because the other do no dmg to compensate the dmg that we lost

@Avatar.3568 said:

We use birds, because the other do no dmg to compensate the dmg that we lost

Translation: We now abuse birds, because other things that were overpowered were nerfed just by a tiny bit and we need something to carry us.No need to thank me.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:If you remove dmg from pet give it ranger.

If your goal is to reduce power, you nerf with no compensation.

If your goal is to shift power around You nerf with compensation.

If your goal is to reduce and shift power, you nerf with minor compensation.

Ranger is not too overbearing post nerf, but their power is loaded into places that feel frustrating to deal with. Dying to an AI really rustles people's jimmies. Shifting power away from the pet to the ranger would allow us to gauge Ranger's power without bias that naturally comes from dying to a pet clouding our assessment.

For clarification, I'm not advocating that we nerf pets. I'm explaining the mindset behind "Compensation culture". It's not a culture at all, but rather it's a fundamental game design decision, one, I'd argue, that is less prevalent than "Nerf Culture" if using the same terminology.

@"Odik.4587" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/99760/kitten-fix-this-kitten-pets-coefficients-already#latestpE62vFL.png

They do way too much damageSo, what changed?

I think you meant to link thishttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1181845#Comment_1181845

Also more deflection from the insane trait synergy of Wilderness Survival, the problem with rangers wasn't just the pets or marksmanship line or greatsword, it was the complete package where it was simply better than anything other classes had.

As I said originally, ranger needs a hard nerf to some aspects but mostly a lot of little changes across the board.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:
pE62vFL.png

I think you meant to link this
What I'm supposed to see here? An old meme "just kill the pet" ?Also more deflection from the insane trait synergy of Wilderness Survival, the problem with rangers wasn't just the pets or marksmanship line or greatsword, it was the complete package where it was simply better than anything other classes had.Was it a secret for anyone that WS has goodies like protection/cleanses/passive poison/natural vigor all in 1 traitline?
As I said originally, ranger needs a hard nerf to some aspects but mostly a lot of little changes across the board.

@Odik.4587 said:

pE62vFL.png

What I'm supposed to see here? An old meme "just kill the pet" ?Also more deflection from the insane trait synergy of Wilderness Survival, the problem with rangers wasn't just the pets or marksmanship line or greatsword, it was the complete package where it was simply better than anything other classes had.Was it a secret for anyone that WS has goodies like protection/cleanses/passive poison/natural vigor all in 1 traitline?

I was meaning that rangers are trying to deflect from WS being so strong not you.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:
pE62vFL.png

Also more deflection from the insane trait synergy of Wilderness Survival, the problem with rangers wasn't just the pets or marksmanship line or greatsword, it was the complete package where it was simply better than anything other classes had.

What is the point of these nerf requests?

People just change class in the end.....nobody plays an UP/unviable class and Anet will just buff it back anyway...I don't understand why people ask for nerfs so viciously...

@apharma.3741 said:

pE62vFL.png

I was meaning that rangers are trying to deflect from WS being so strong not you.

I think everyone agrees WS is busted. It just can't be nerfed without compensation somewhere else. It's really our only source of reliable condi clear. I've complained about WS since launch

@apharma.3741 said:

pE62vFL.png

I was meaning that rangers are trying to deflect from WS being so strong not you.I think Eura told once that WS is the problem but I dont remember when/where.Yet, bird autos on my 1888 armor is 3600, I feel like bird has maul instead of auto-attack

@Odik.4587 said:

pE62vFL.png

I was meaning that rangers are trying to deflect from WS being so strong not you.I think Eura told once that WS is the problem but I dont remember when/where.Yet, bird autos on my 1888 armor is 3600, I feel like bird has maul instead of auto-attack

I already pointed out the coefficients on some pets was too high, go search my comment history shouldn't be too far down. I asked the "ranger mains" in that thread to talk about how much damage a pet should be doing compared to a player and it was the usual smoke, mirrors and no point answering this question kind of deal.

Thing is no-one is talking about WS at the moment. Why? It's a crutch and no-one likes losing it.