Kick zones in storyline missions: Isn't there a better way? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Kick zones in storyline missions: Isn't there a better way?

TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 3, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Many times I've been kicked out of a mission because I entered the red area on the map.
Usually because I want to move on, explore or have my attention to the mission instead of the map. Usually the tolerances are quite slim so before I read the warning I can be booted from the mission already. And when I re-enter the mission, I usually lose progress.

Can't we get rid of the kicking and the kick zones? Isn't there a more friendly method to point players to where they can go for the next action?
Kick zones are especially annoying when they get paired with unskippable dialogs and when re-doing a mission.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

Comments

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@coso.9173 said:
    they could always use the open world approach they use, "a strong current/wind/force/whatever brings you back

It does that in some lower level story instances too, you just get teleported back if you try to leave the instance area.

I'm not quite sure why they change it to kicking you at higher levels but I prefer the teleport option because sometimes I've accidentally gone over the border, especially when using mounts. It almost happened in the latest story too, during the part where you clear ice from a cave. I didn't realise I'd missed one tiny chunk off to one side, so when the path was clear I went to continue through the cave and just managed to stop in time when the warning came up.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭

It is pretty annoying. I've been kicked many times because I was doing something else or wanted to explore the area while the boring dialogue was going on.

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't say I have every experienced this problem except on very very rare occasions.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 19k AP

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    Kick zones in storyline missions: Isn't there a better way?

I keep asking myself the same thing. After all, in open world maps, when you venture too far, you a rubber-banded back to the last valid location. Why can't they do this for story missions?

@Mewcifer.5198 said:
    I can't say I have every experienced this problem except on very very rare occasions.

Yes, rare, but still annoying when it happens. ;) The last time I recall (maybe half a year ago?), an enemy pushed me into the red zone and thereby out of the instance. Fun. Not.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

It's a very common problem if you're doing the instance with someone else. There's a lot of story instances that keep moving the "inaccessible" area around as soon as the next checkpoint is triggered, and if that second person is not close to the first one when that happens, they often get kicked out instantly. Extra points when the person that triggered the inaccessible area resize was not the instance owner.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

It's a very common problem if you're doing the instance with someone else. There's a lot of story instances that keep moving the "inaccessible" area around as soon as the next checkpoint is triggered, and if that second person is not close to the first one when that happens, they often get kicked out instantly. Extra points when the person that triggered the inaccessible area resize was not the instance owner.

Ah yeah, I have heard complaints of that before, it had slipped my mind. That is a problem

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 19k AP

• Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

Encountered quite a few annoying invisible walls in the game, but we can't have them in story instances where they would actually be useful.

logic

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Invisible walls. Haha.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia