Voice acting in living worlds episodes — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Voice acting in living worlds episodes

Okay, so I know that because of the coronavirus there are no voice actors recording in the studio but, I was wondering if we can get an ETA for the voice lines.
We've all seen the statement that they shared on youtube and, despite the fact that I think they can record remotely, I understand the decisions. However, with the trailer of the new expansion End of Dragons I got confused about whether or not you record in the studio.

I know that the trailer requires less voice acting than the living world episodes and you probably worry about the quality of the episodes if voice actors use their equipment at home but in my opinion, lower quality voice lines are better than no voice lines but with humming and moaning.

Comments

• Schimmi.6872Schimmi.6872 Member ✭✭✭

@Xell.4623 said:
    Okay, so I know that because of the coronavirus there are no voice actors recording in the studio but, I was wondering if we can get an ETA for the voice lines.
    We've all seen the statement that they shared on youtube and, despite the fact that I think they can record remotely, I understand the decisions. However, with the trailer of the new expansion End of Dragons I got confused about whether or not you record in the studio.

I know that the trailer requires less voice acting than the living world episodes and you probably worry about the quality of the episodes if voice actors use their equipment at home but in my opinion, lower quality voice lines are better than no voice lines but with humming and moaning.

Seems the update was unstickied, they are now recording from home: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110653/an-update-regarding-voice-acting-in-guild-wars-2/p1

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm expecting the voice acting will come sometime around mid October to early November.
    It's just a guess though but I can't wait to finally play this content.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

The new fractal coming in september will have voice acting and they are working on the 2 past and new episode aswell now or soon

• Ayalet.4970Ayalet.4970 Member ✭✭
    edited August 31, 2020

I have been refusing to continue the story without any voice acting. >:{ #when?

I miss their voices already. I mean I miss Canach since Dragonfall xDDDD

☆ Fear, not this night. You will not go astray. Though Shadows fall still the stars find their way. ☆

• Waiting for the voice acting too. Did not play the last 2 episodes at all. I am willing to pay for the unlock later if there will be voice acting.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nice, finally I can play them. Something to do again.

• @ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Nice, finally I can play them. Something to do again.

Voices actors are there?

• vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭

Waiting too. It is not the same without voices

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Schimmi.6872 said:
    Seems the update was unstickied, they are now recording from home: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110653/an-update-regarding-voice-acting-in-guild-wars-2/p1

Oh wow, I completely missed that announcement as well! :o

This is pretty cool news. :):+1:

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭

Any update on if the voices are in or not? I've been waiting to play through the story until i know they're all in.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Durzlla.6295 said:
    Any update on if the voices are in or not? I've been waiting to play through the story until i know they're all in.

Not yet, the new fractal will have voices and that was first recorded so it will either ship same time as fractal or later mate.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

A taster on twitter for peeps who don't use the platform

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .