Shaniqua peak — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

Shaniqua peak

asterix.9614asterix.9614 Member ✭✭✭

So I have been playing for a loong time, I only do pvp, wvw and ls. So anyway I am interested in Shaniqua peak fractal because of the name. It sounds hood and out of place in gw2, also I wouldn't mind dragging the h03's weave, so my interest is peaked (no, pun intended). So what is fractals? Do I need specific builds? Is it like ls, episode by episode, I want to play it.

Thank you

Comments

• asterix.9614asterix.9614 Member ✭✭✭

Is it all party based? Is there a solo option like living story? I don't want some know it all pver shouting at me to do this and that like I heard they do in raids, still ty for the info.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@asterix.9614 said:
    Is it all party based? Is there a solo option like living story? I don't want some know it all pver shouting at me to do this and that like I heard they do in raids, still ty for the info.

its party based but if your good enough you can solo tier 1-2 but why would you want to just put up a lfg naming it "fractal noobie lf help".

• Armen.1483Armen.1483 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2020

Well first of all it is Sunqua Peak. Like the other fractals it is an instanced content limited to 5 players (less is possible, more not), it works pretty much like short dungeons that you might have seen in other mmos. There are 4 tiers of fractals, and some Challenge Modes in the end. So if we speak about Sunqua for some reason it has also 4 different tiers of difficulty and a challenge mode at last difficulty tier which is quite different and more difficult than normal versions.
    The reason people play fractals at tier 4 and ask specific classes and teamcomps is because it is more efficient to speedrun those with good dps etc and the rewards are very good... So it is a gold grind most of all and people want to end their daily run as fast as possible. So for reference: 1) a good group with meta classes and knowledge can do all dailies in 20 minutes while 2) non efficient one can last an hour or even more.. 3) A bad group with roleplay builds can even fail to complete some , because inefficiency can make some fractals difficult especially in challenge modes. As long as you are not in the third category you can get into chill t4 groups and do your fractals provided you met the agony requirements (which is a mechanic that restricts new players to instantly get into tier 4 fractals).
    Having said all of that you can hop into any tier 1 fractal and play with no issues as nobody rushes t1s, as there is no reason to speedrun or tryhard those, they are very easy and the rewards are not as good, so you will meet people of your skill and nobody will ever kick you or ask you play somehow, you can autoattack your way to victory with the most inefficient build you can imagine. You might need 17 agony resist for Sunqua though in order to survive the agony damage, so at least 2 ascended pieces or a ring can be needed.
    So like raids, in Tier 4 fractals (okay maybe tier 3s too) people will expect you to know your stuff and carry your weight, because if you are just walking around and being pretty, you are just leeching and hoping that your team will carry you to victory. As the number of players in instanced content is limited (unlike open world where many players can just zerg down a world boss), you can't have more players to come and help you out there in the instance, so the person that is doing nothing will either be kicked from the party and replaced with someone who carries their weight or be asked to play with a more efficient build etc..
    So in conclusion if you don't want to play like that it is completely fine, you can go and do the RP stuff in tier 1 fractals, just find another 4 ppl with lfg tool and do whatever you want in tier 1, it is easy.

• Strider.7849Strider.7849 Member ✭✭✭

@Armen.1483 said:
    Well first of all it is Sunqua Peak. Like many other fractals it is an instanced content limited to 5 players (less is possible, more not), it works pretty much like short dungeons that you might have seen in other mmos. There are 4 tiers of fractals, and some Challenge Modes in the end. So if we speak about Sunqua for some reason it has also 4 different tiers of difficulty and a challenge mode at last difficulty tier which is quite different and more difficult than normal versions.
    The reason people play fractals at tier 4 and ask specific classes and teamcomps is because it is more efficient to speedrun those with good dps etc and the rewards are very good... So it is a gold grind most of all and people want to end their daily run as fast as possible. So for reference: 1) a good group with meta classes and knowledge can do all dailies in 20 minutes while 2) non efficient one can last an hour or even more.. 3) A bad group with roleplay builds can even fail to complete some , because inefficiency can make some fractals difficult especially in challenge modes. As long as you are not in the third category you can get into chill t4 groups and do your fractals provided you met the agony requirements (which is a mechanic that restricts new players to instantly get into tier 4 fractals).
    Having said all of that you can hop into any tier 1 fractal and play with no issues as nobody rushes t1s, as there is no reason to speedrun or tryhard those, they are very easy and the rewards are not as good, so you will meet people of your skill and nobody will ever kick you or ask you play somehow, you can autoattack your way to victory with the most inefficient build you can imagine. You might need 17 agony resist for Sunqua though in order to survive the agony damage, so at least 2 ascended pieces or a ring can be needed.
    So like raids, in Tier 4 fractals (okay maybe tier 3s too) people will expect you to know your stuff and carry your weight, because if you are just walking around and being pretty, you are just leeching and hoping that your team will carry you to victory. As the number of players in instanced content is limited (unlike open world where many players can just zerg down a world boss), you can't have more players to come and help you out there in the instance, so the person that is doing nothing will either be kicked from the party and replaced with someone who carries their weight or be asked to play with a more efficient build etc..
    So in conclusion if you don't want to play like that it is completely fine, you can go and do the RP stuff in tier 1 fractals, just find another 4 ppl with lfg tool and do whatever you want in tier 1, it is easy.

Pretty sure he knows it's Sunqua, by the whole "it sounds good and out of place" comment, I think he's just being subtly racist.

• Kichwas.7152Kichwas.7152 Member ✭✭✭

@asterix.9614 said:
    So anyway I am interested in Shaniqua peak fractal because of the name. It sounds hood and out of place in gw2,

Thank you

Heeeelllloooooo racism...

That's not the name by the way...

But... like... kitten kind of post what that?

Just say no to butt-flaps.