Chances of getting greatswords with the new expansion?

Aske.2706

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@skunkstank.6128 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Elementalists already have the conjured Greatsword, they don't need another one.

What they need is a proper long-range weapon.That means, either Longbow or Rifle should be next.

Yes and in this case i would much rather have a longbow than a rifle, because rifle just doesn't fit with the theme of the elementalist

I personally would prefer to give the elementalist a longbow, too.But I don't think claiming that a rifle wouldn't fit the theme of the elementalist would be correct.

Slinging spells with a rifle is not something unheard of in media and the only real theme of the elementalist are.... well, the elements.Which rifle can still relate to, in my opinion. Especially to the element fire, since a rifle is literally a firearm.

Lorewise, my favourite iteration of the next ele spec would be an order of elementalists who are training their focus on the elements in a monastry and archery has been a practice to build focus in Asian culture for a long time, hence why I would prefer the longbow.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@Kichwas.7152 said:enough classes already have them...

it would be nice to see every weapon on every class eventually. if anet can continue to be creative in skill design, it will be amazing to see greatsword on ele. I'd prefer to see dual pistols on ele sooner than greatsword tho.

Very unlikely to happen because of the huge gap between the classes when it comes to available weapons.

With the third elite spec, engineer still just has access to 6 different weapons out of 16 (pistol, rifle, shield, hammer, sword, new weapon).Almost impossible that we will see anet adding the missing 10 weapons to engineer.

@steki.1478 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:If Conjures are something to go by I'd say that Rifle with a spell slinger that shoots magic from the rifle is most likely. Already have axe, shield, hammer, bow, and greatsword from conjures. Well, a short bow may be an option...

Frostbow is a shortbow, not a longbow.

Right, forgive me I misread the summoning range as the attack range. Still a Spell Slinger with a rifle would be more fun, as Ele already has 'bow' gameplay anyway.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Warrior Rifle 2.0 most likely but now with Ice Bullets that explode.

That'd end up being the second most boring weapon in the game for me, with Warrior's Rifle being the most boring.

Well it is Anet. Spell Slinger could be great and awesome, but knowing Anet it would be warrior rifle 2.0 with exploding bullets.

Greatsword only, if ranged, like Mesmer's GS. I am so done with this melee oriented ele playstyle. We need a good ranged dps option. Something like this: GS in Fire A would be condi based pure dmg, 1200 range. Air: power based dmg, 900 range, dmg + cc. Water: pure support, healing 600 range. Earth melee range (or 240), condi dmg, defense. because of melee range, dmg shouldn't be much lower then Fire.

• 2 weeks later...

@gousgou.5438 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Elementalists already have the conjured Greatsword, they don't need another one.

What they need is a proper long-range weapon.That means, either Longbow or Rifle should be next.

By the same reasoning elementalists already also have a longbow. a hammer, an axe and shields.

Actually it's a shortbow. It only has 900 range.

IMO Elementalist doesn't need another melee weapon, it's already super focused on melee, after Weaver it grows up even more.Staff and Sceper isn't a good weapon at all, the skills are clunky, staff for worst.Another melee weapon? really?Elementalist wasn't supposed to be a magical knight, the HP and defense is low enough to make you squish.Elementalists already have a greatsword, it's good but a has a long CD.If it's going on like Mesmer Greatsword, is ok but Longbow fits much more than a ranged greatsword.Pistols and Rifle is something weird to put in Ele, Ele doesn't even have a good magical weapon.Doens't make to put physical weapons to Ele again.The Meta weapons are Dagger and Sword, made by Weaponsmith.

@gousgou.5438 said:

By the same reasoning elementalists already also have a longbow. a hammer, an axe and shields.

It's a Shortbow and the damage is horrible, it's only used for CC.The Greatsword has a great damage and mobilty, but sucks in CD.