Couple questions about the game after reaching max level?!?

povilas.2807

I would recommend to follow the personal story until completion, then switch to Heart of Thorns and start working on your masteries, then follow along to Path of Fire with its masteries and mounts.

For the full story experience, do living world season 2 before HoT, then HoT, Then living world season 3, then Path of Fire.

When you are bored with the story stuff, you can do some side tracks like leveling a crafting profession, crafting (ascended) weapons and armor, dungeons and fractals, structured PvP or World vs World.

@povilas.2807 said:I'l get strait to the point. I don't know what to do after I reach max level with my Guardian. I was thinking about crafting ascended gear and doing HoT story line. If you have other ideas what should I do, don't hesitate, share them with me. :D

How close are you to crafting a set of ascended gear? For Ascended, you can get trinkets from fractals, for backpieces, there are some ascended available at vendors in some of the newer maps at the cost of certain map currencies. For weapons, there are some ascended versions available in achievement collections depending on your profession (so you might have to craft instead). You can also do WvW to gain currencies to purchase ascended gear if that is your cup of tea.

I'd say, overall, it depends on what you want to do. To me, when it comes to ascended gear, I see it as a means of building up all my characters since ascended gear is account bound and you can transfer it over to other characters on your account. I've got a series of trinkets and backpieces to use on my various characters of varying stat combos and have been working on crafting armor (I have 2 heavy set ascended and 1 medium, but leather went crazy for a while so I put making armor on the back burner) and collecting weapons to use across my stable of characters.

You can also do raids and go the legendary armor route which can stat swap on the fly as well as legendary trinkets or legendary weapons. Their appeal is that they can stat swap but unless you're a hardcore player, I'd stick to ascended gear (same stats, account bound but cannot stat swap). Maybe put something legendary as a long-term goal (I still have a bit left to collect for my legendary scepter to go along with my legendary staff)...

Explore the Elite Specs.Follow the story.Explore the maps.Hunt achievements.Work toward ascened/legendary gear.The neverending Fashion Wars.Try WvW.Perhaps level a new class to switch things up.

But the most important thing of all: do things that you find fun.

The world is your oyster!!

It depends, do you PVP or PVE? If PVP do you prefer small matches in a small map, or a Massive 4 map sprawl with whole armies and fortifications? If we're talking PVE there's Open World Meta Events which are basically large zone stradling Event Chains that involve legions of players that zerg their way through a series of Events leading to a Boss Encounter, Fractals which are basically 5 Man Dungeons that you can start with Exotic Gear and eventually gear your self up through drops and Fractal currency, there are Raids where you will need at least Exotic Gear and Ascended Weapons how ever you need to find a training Guild and be willing to use specific Builds.

Most game modes are open and friendly toward fresh lvl 80s, keep in mind that Raids/T3,4Fractals/WvWvW can have some salty veterans and expect you to know what you're doing, WvWvW not so much but listen to what the Commanders tell you to do.

The way I like to think of it is that at level 80 GW2 becomes much more free-roaming. There's very little you need to do but lots of things you can do and it's almost entirely up to you which ones you do and in what order. So the good news is there's no right or wrong answer, the bad news is that freedom of choice can be daunting. But in short once you reach level 80 you should do whatever interests you the most.

If you're interested in the HoT story then yes, absolutely go ahead and do that. If you want the full story then you need to do: Personal Story > Season 1 recap > Season 2 > HoT > Season 3 > PoF > Season 4. But you can play them in any order you like, so if you're only really interested in HoT you can do that.

Making ascended gear is trickier, you should know that you almost certainly don't need it. The only place it's required is high level Fractals, for the agony resistance. It's recommended for raids too, but not actually necessary. Everything else you can do in exotics. It may seem illogical to stop just below the top tier (especially in a game where it's pretty unlikely new tiers will be added so it's not like you'll just have to do it all again in a few months) but since ascended is much more expensive and time consuming to get than exotic and only has a small increase in stats a lot of people do make that choice.

So if you want it because you're a completionist or want the best possible character because you enjoy figuring out what that is, or if you just want to go through the process of making it then by all means craft ascended gear. But if you're doing it because you feel like you should or because you're used to games where getting to the max level means it's time to grind the best gear so you'll finally be ready to play the game then feel free to skip that and stick to exotics.

(You can also do a mix of both. Ascended trinkets are relatively easy to get, many stat combinations can be bought with laurels which you get just for logging in, so many people use ascended trinkets and exotic weapons and armour.)

GW2 is like.. There's nothing you should do, when you reach 80. You just do whatever is enjoyable to you. Explore the options and go from there. Since you mentioned the HoT story as the next possible option, if you can spare the expense, I'd do season 2 before HoT. It doesn't have much to offer for new places like season 3 does, but it'll provide you with an enjoyable scavenger hunt to make something out of the rewards it gives. If story matters to you, you'll have fewer blank spots that make no sense.Me, once I hit 80 with a character, I just do what I'm in the mood for. Not really focusing on one specific thing, that can cause burnout. I make ascended as the materials in my storage come naturally, over time. No rush, because as others have said, ascended is really only needed for high fractals. There's so many other things to do!

I'd play through the story, linearly, just to understand all of what's happening. I didn't play it in order and I finally started the story with Heart of Thorns. I was immediately put into some conversation with people I knew nothing about regarding a dragon I knew little of. The Season 2 and Season 3 stories cost gems so you may need to farm some gold before getting the next episode. But, yea, do the personal story, then talk to the Season 1 NPC, then do Season 2, Heart of Thorns, then Season 3, Path of Fire, and finally Season 4.

Aside from that, you can look at getting achievements, participating in fashion wars, playing the market, crafting some legendary items or just farming stuff until you figure out what you want to do. If you enjoy story content you can run through the main story dungeons for those armor and weapon skins, work your way through Fractals, or craft ascended gear and get into raiding. Finally, there's always SPvP and WvW you can try.

If you want a real challenge, try to lead a guild and see if you can get it to max level with a cool guild hall. Managing people is difficult but if you like that give it a try.

Archived