Obsidian Weapons now available

Vavume.8065

There is nothing to like about those weapons skins, like someone just said in chat, "they look like pre-alpha weapons".And i agree, they are so hideous that i think my 3 year old nephew could probably make better looking one´s than those abominations.At least we know now that they´re not worth spending tickets on, heaven forbid that wvw actually can get something that looks decent.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Yeah like, I hope the designer isn't feeling too bad about it... but the weapons really do look silly. They need to be cool, more edgelord is needed.Maybe the designer thought they looked great but honestly I blaim their bosses. Somebody should have reacted and said no, this isnt good enough for the only unique weapon set WvW has gotten in 5 years.

I do not understand it.

The BL glacial weapons - even though they are complete fantasy and not the type I would prefer - are absolutely gorgeous in comparison. Imagine them shifting in red, green or blue! Its like two different development studios made this :(

@Dovienya.6597 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:Design wise, i prefer the whole weapon are made of the Obsidian, it will be 300% looks better.

Maybe it's just my computer, I'm not on the one with the nice video card, but these don't look like obsidian at all.

They look like coal. Some of them look like holiday torches in various stages of paint jobs and smoldering...

Yes, had to crank graphics up to get a shine.

They probably should have created weapons to match the wvw and spvp legendary backpacks.Although to be honest gw2 has a lot of ugly weapons and armor skins.The glacial black lion set weapons just released blows this set away though.

Also this thread, is probably why we won't be seeing anymore skins made for wvw in the future, just like desert bl. lol

So... They chose to stick with the theme of awkwardly mismatched colors that don't harmonize with each other or anything anyone wears. Also, awkward shapes. I don't understand the orange brown leather and greenish gold fittings and garish 'obsidian.' These are the opposite of a cohesive artistic vision. The last several sets of Black Lion weapons have betrayed the same general lack of aesthetic principle.

XenesisII mentions "Also this thread, is probably why we won't be seeing anymore skins made for wvw in the future, just like desert bl. lol"

I seriously doubt Anet makes decisions based on spite.

@"diamondgirl.6315" said:So... They chose to stick with the theme of awkwardly mismatched colors that don't harmonize with each other or anything anyone wears. Also, awkward shapes. I don't understand the orange brown leather and greenish gold fittings and garish 'obsidian.' These are the opposite of a cohesive artistic vision. The last several sets of Black Lion weapons have betrayed the same general lack of aesthetic principle.

XenesisII mentions "Also this thread, is probably why we won't be seeing anymore skins made for wvw in the future, just like desert bl. lol"

It was probably the president's sister's cousin's niece's son who had been begging to design new weapon skins and since these were being released for WvW they probably thought, "What's the worst that could happen? They complain on the forums?" Then the room suddenly bursts out in laughter.

@Meurto.8520 said:

@"diamondgirl.6315" said:So... They chose to stick with the theme of awkwardly mismatched colors that don't harmonize with each other or anything anyone wears. Also, awkward shapes. I don't understand the orange brown leather and greenish gold fittings and garish 'obsidian.' These are the opposite of a cohesive artistic vision. The last several sets of Black Lion weapons have betrayed the same general lack of aesthetic principle.

It was probably the president's sister's cousin's niece's son who had been begging to design new weapon skins and since these were being released for WvW they probably thought, "What's the worst that could happen? They complain on the forums?" Then the room suddenly bursts out in laughter.

LOL its so funny yet......true. now I feel bad :(

Archived