Most prestigious account possible?

Fenom.9457

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Fluffball.8307 said:The only prestige potentially available in game IMO are PvP titles, since that's the only skill based accolade in the entire game. Unfortunately some buffoons have devalued them.

Sooooooooo in other words... nothing prestigious in this.

Sort of. Some people earn them legitimately. It's mostly self respect. Either you're a cheater and your title is worthless or you have an awesome title.

If it’s going to ingame account prestige then it has to be readily visible to others so having a lot of wealth, including having permanent contract items, dyes, skins, etc won’t count as random people won’t be able to see that the person has them, therefore no ingame prestige.

Maybe being well known, for example a commander in WvW with lots of followers or known to be especially helpful in PvE with a lot of friends/followers would be the only prestige available outside of high AP or having full Legendaries.

@Fluffball.8307 said:

@Fluffball.8307 said:The only prestige potentially available in game IMO are PvP titles, since that's the only skill based accolade in the entire game. Unfortunately some buffoons have devalued them.

Sort of. Some people earn them legitimately. It's mostly self respect. Either you're a cheater and your title is worthless or you have an awesome title.

The problem still is you have 0 clue who got them legitimately.One person can say it took hard work. The other the same thing. One boosted their way to the titles... who gets the "nice props, bro"?

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

The problem still is you have 0 clue who got them legitimately.One person can say it took hard work. The other the same thing. One boosted their way to the titles... who gets the "nice props, bro"?

Ya that's my point. The other "prestige" is someone who killed AI or something?

IMO I don't see any achievement or skin (or collection thereof) as prestigious in any game. Especially when it's held over other people's heads like "Oh I earned X and you didn't! Filthy casual! Haw haw haw!"

You spent more time in a game you like. Good for you. You earned a thing you want. Good for you. Do I care? Nope.

In my eyes, most prestigious account would be some 1 who has earned all the legendary items in the game, ie: all the weapons, incl HoT ones, all the armor and trinkets. But especially some 1 who has earned either the Radiant or Hellfire full armor set. In this case, no matter how u look at it, that person would have had to do everything in the game to get there.

The answer is not what you think. The most prestigious is the account from the person who has gone out of their way to help the community. These people, usually someone with a commander tag, has ran hero point trains through Heart of Thorns, spearheaded people to victory against legendary mobs, led people to each bounty in all four maps, and are the players we know who will help everyone in both PvE and WvW. And none of them ever ask for anything in return.

Sadly, we recently lost one of these players, may God bless her soul, and the effect on the community is deeply felt even now. She was that loved and respected.

The most prestigious account doesn't have the biggest and shiniest items. It doesn't have massive titles. Nor does it have those pretty PvP icons in its name. The most prestigious accounts are the most respected members of our community who go above and beyond to make everyone's time in Guild Wars 2 that much more memorable. You'll know them because you'll remember their actions well after Guild Wars 2 is gone.

They're the most prestigious.

I agree that the best/most impressive form of prestigious account is one where many people recognise the name and know you as someone who helps other people, or is good at commanding squads.

In terms of visuals the one thing that makes me stop and check out a total strangers character is a good combination of skins and dyes. That's highly subjective of course, you're never going to get one look that everyone will like. But that's what I find impressive. Not someone who slaps the most expensive dyes on the most expensive/rarest skins (I've tried making those combos periodically and they always look absurd) but someone who uses all the options to put together something original and interesting.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I agree that the best/most impressive form of prestigious account is one where many people recognise the name and know you as someone who helps other people, or is good at commanding squads.

In terms of visuals the one thing that makes me stop and check out a total strangers character is a good combination of skins and dyes. That's highly subjective of course, you're never going to get one look that everyone will like. But that's what I find impressive. Not someone who slaps the most expensive dyes on the most expensive/rarest skins (I've tried making those combos periodically and they always look absurd) but someone who uses all the options to put together something original and interesting.

That could also be considered infamous.Had people in game go "Oh! Are you Ayumi from the board? Always read your comments!"Could be read as a positive or a negative.My brain usually see it as if someone saw Lady Gaga spawn as a random encounter out in the wild in the tall grass.

@Fluffball.8307 said:

Ya that's my point. The other "prestige" is someone who killed AI or something?

Man I kinda agree but honestly nothing now really compared in prestige to the old world tournament series. You can't go back and reattempt or cheat those you know.

I do think you kinda discredit the PvE scene though. Prestige very heavily comes from a display of competitive supremacy. The place for this in PvE is kill times and setting records. While titles do have something attached to them, you're totally right, they aren't at all much more prestigious than a dragon rank finisher.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:You would be hard pressed, in my opinion, to describe any account in any computer game as prestigious.

Of course I meant prestige within reason and within gaming. Not that I expect any skill in a game to offer prestige in real life

@Ashen.2907 said:You would be hard pressed, in my opinion, to describe any account in any computer game as prestigious.

Of course I meant prestige within reason and within gaming. Not that I expect any skill in a game to offer prestige in real life

I stand by my previous statement. Even with your caveat I see no prestige within this game, or any other Ive seen.

The so-called testers/friends of ANet. They have early access to all releases, can play them and create guides long before any real player even knows about that contents existance. They are free to spread leaks and exploit the hell out of the game, live on stream, without fearing to be touched/harmed once.

OR

Rasman the Boss.

@Fenom.9457 said:Just wondering what's the most prestigious account possible to obtain? Other than unlocking every skin and all achievements, what would that be? Curious

This would be the accounts of the dev who finally introduces build templates feature. This dev would be loved in the entire game, no matter which mode you play, which profession, which build or from which country. You will be loved and respected by everyone.

Archived