Alliance Will Be The New Bandwagon

Grandtomatoe.2045

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Grandtomatoe.2045 said:Small guilds will consolidate into maximum population guilds and then those guilds will ally together to create a super alliance which, once in place, all the other smaller weaker alliances wont want to play against and everyone will run to the powerhouse alliance to be on the winning side.

That's fine. Alliances are much easier to manage than servers. This gives the Devs a lot more options to keep things competitive.

WvW is a broken mess right now, mainly because one server gamed the systems so much that it broke the game. If it stays the same then BG will watch the game mode die and they will be largely responsible for that.

What else would you expect?

There's a funny myth that supposedly this is a competitive game mode and the majority of players are "for the fights" but then you see the grand lot of these so called competitive players engage in behavior to make it as less competitive as possible via tanking, stacking, and flat out cheating/sabotage. There's been so many transfers that it'd be trivial to destack, but for the most part beyond the exception of a certain community's laudible attempts to create a GvG tier it became evident that not enough people agreed with them.

It is impossible to see those people that claim as such while pvdooring furiously, buying out whatever guilds. And what do they actually do? Come out about 4-5 times a week for about 2.5 hours trying to find some borderlands babysitters to challenge to a fight to add to some Youtube montage that nobody will watch because esports and then pat each other on the back for a job well down even though secretly you know everyone is terrible and you're just biding your time so another better guild actually notices you. But then senpai never does.

I know a lot of people aren't like this. Maybe most of the people who are posting aren't. But even in your cases, certainly you might have been bored enough to notice that the 60 person blob that just ran over your buddies is now hiding when you guys come and won't fight without a map queue. That, my friends, is where the majority is, and that's not going to change. And really, these were the people that constantly transferred and made Anet lots of money. But apparently they have decided the money has dried up. To me, that's kind of a cause for concern.

As for "balance", yea I'm guessing lopsided matchups have really hurt, but on the other hand, who really cares about random crappy guilds in off hours PvDooring? Maybe it's more like the overwhelming load of passive play and WvW skills still using pve skills which makes it harder for smaller groups to win, and it is a game mode where most people don't actually want to play. Fix the combat, and everything would be fixed. Don't fix the combat, and you're basically thinking you can put out the house fire by getting a different thermometer to measure how hot it is.

Not that I really care. This hardly surprises me at all since it was going to happen someday. I rarely play the game anymore, and if you guys shall finally grow it into the utopia you desire, I'll definitely come to see. I've certainly come to make some arrangements of my own to make sure of that, though truth be told I find it quite the bother.

GvG guilds are the best there is, it's mostly because they are the ones who ask for improvement and try new things, as opposed to blobbing the ever living potato out of everything and trying to use that as a means to say that you are a God because you can. Alliances offer more competition and better fights.

EU already has bunch of tight-knit huge communities like:

• Piken, SFR, Deso and Gandara "regular server communities" (4)
  • German fighting community (1) and ppt community (1)
  • French fightingish(?) community (1)
  • Vabbi residents/bandvagoners (1)
  • FSP residents/bandvagoners (1)
  • Spanish (1)

There will most likely be others too so lets say 12 huge/massive alliances will form out of EU from 15 servers getting separated. It is hard to believe that any alliance will be able to outnumber massively any of these alliances. Sure there will be 4 fighting communities that "blobbers" will flock to but that already existed before. Now people actually need to bow their head to someone to get in permanently meaning bandvagoning should be reduced from the old amount.

If the balancing will use the new ranking system, where each player is rated by contribution and abilities (shown by constantly updated stats), then will be possible to create multiple strong alliances, placed into rival teams, so they will have something to compete against. It's about both numbers & quality, both needs to be considered.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I wouldn't worry about pugs hopping around. fight guilds will determine things, which is good, cuz if they want competition then they wouldn't band together as there wouldn't be any fights.

Lol.

Because they did exactly this over the past five years. A new system is just going to be more of the same. Don’t kid yourself.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I wouldn't worry about pugs hopping around. fight guilds will determine things, which is good, cuz if they want competition then they wouldn't band together as there wouldn't be any fights.

Lol.

Because they did exactly this over the past five years. A new system is just going to be more of the same. Don’t kid yourself.

Can’t hop around with this new system and both Guilds and Alliances have caps and McKenna Stated those caps are a lot lower than what current population caps are so yeah. Reading the provided information helps...

Bandwagon as in strongest fight server or PPT focused server? WvW throughout the years has had that problem.

I guess we've got find a balance and organise things with the people we usually play with.It could be good or bad, depending on the player caps and who the alliance/guilds recruit, also if the world is 'open' or closed to just guilds.

@Grandtomatoe.2045 said:Small guilds will consolidate into maximum population guilds and then those guilds will ally together to create a super alliance which, once in place, all the other smaller weaker alliances wont want to play against and everyone will run to the powerhouse alliance to be on the winning side.

True and you can blame the bandwagon mentality of the majority of players for that. Theres hope tho, they just need to make transferring to other alliances too troublesome for what you get out of it. Also if they randomize the guilds outside your alliances every 8 weeks and randomize your opponents then players would be less inclined to migrate. Why bother if you get mostly shuffled in a few weeks anyway?

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Lol.

Can’t hop around with this new system and both Guilds and Alliances have caps and McKenna Stated those caps are a lot lower than what current population caps are so yeah. Reading the provided information helps...

I don’t think you understand the playerbase. I don’t mean that rudely. It is what it is.

this system will never see the light of day because of 2 things..

1. Server transfers for wvw players. This is how anet makes a TON of cash, people transfering back and forth across servers. They will never shoot themselves in the foot or kill their golden goose unless they are just done with the game and about to close it down.

2. There is a reason that we have 5 guild slots.. This is guild wars 2... but yes... you can have multiple guilds... And I like many wvw players, have more than one wvw guild that i run with and rep while playing throughout the week.. mostly depending on what time of day i happen to get on. If they do this.. and you have to be strictly stuck to one server (alliance or whatever) then they will lose a TON of people. Guilds will collapse and only the multi time frame guilds with TONS of people already will be running will survive.... This will also make it less fun for most players who are there for roaming and camp captures.. although there does need to be a way for players to vote off inactive spawn sitters who are there just for the pips and free loot from reward track.

Now i understand them trying to make wvw more like pvp... but it isnt... never will be.. They did a good job with the reward tracks etc.. but this is basically the same server jumble we saw a few years ago with more dressing on it... It will be voted down in a heartbeat by any real wvw players.

Good try though.. maybe change a few things around, like reducing server population for servers like mag/bg/sos/jq and fa... and see how much of a response you get

I agree with trueanimus.4085. I am a dedicated long time wvw player and havoc commander. I am in five guilds, I use the rep of the different guilds to achieve different things while playing. I often will switch rep depending on the location I intend to capture as some of my guilds are fully built out regarding wvw buffs etc. and others aren't and are only good for claiming a camp. But the point is that the majority of the players in the guilds I can rep are also able to rep most of those same guilds I'm in. We use the guild system to build alliances already within the present server based system.I have played on several different servers, BG, CD, and a couple others, but ended up back on CD a couple years ago and have stayed. As did many of my guild friends who were also chasing the prize of "better combat/competition" and such. I now find that I'm much more interested in creating a cooperative community of guilds on our server. We on CD aren't chasing the stars, to be on tier one, no we seek to play well and enjoy the game. As such we deal with the wvw hand we're dealt and roll with it. Zergs come and go, we fight on. I'm not dissatisfied with the present system. I don't think the proposed changes are really geared to the dedicated wvw players.Also to be considered is how the vocoms will be dealt with due the the mixing and such?

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Lol.

I don’t think you understand the playerbase. I don’t mean that rudely. It is what it is.

I don’t think you understand the proposed changes, they can’t bandwagon using Alliances since Alliance have built in player caps and so do Guilds, and those caps from McKenna’s own words Stated are a lot lower than Current Server populations, so you can’t overstack Alliances, you know like how BG and Mag became the ridiculous overstocked Servers that they were.

Until 1 powerhouse alliance runs into another powerhouse alliance... then what... equal competition? I believe that is the goal.. is it not?

I hear ya though, that's why I mentioned Anet better start looking at possible kinks in the system because if there is a way to exploit it, some players will do it.. like a certain server already has by how they remained on top.

Archived