Upcoming Ele change for WvW/PvP

Lasiurus.4067

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29690/pvp-wvw-skill-split-release

ElementalistSkillsGlyph of Renewal: Reduced the cooldown from 165 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvWStone Resonance: Increased the base Barrier granted per pulse from 972 to 1069 in PvP and WvWLesser Stone Resonance: Increased the base Barrier granted per pulse from 972 to 1069 in PvP and WvWShatterstone Increased the power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.66 (+66%) in PvP and WvWImpale: Increased the power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.77 (+28%) in PvP and WvWAshen Blast: Increased the power coefficient from 0.77 to 1.1 (+43%) in PvP and WvWSteam Surge: Increased the power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.5 (+50%) in PvP and WvWLightning Touch: Increased the power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.5 (+50%) in PvP and WvWRing of Earth: Increased the number of Bleeding stacks from 1 to 3 in PvP and WvWTornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 100 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.Elemental Requiem: Reduced the cooldown from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvWDust Charge: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 7 seconds in PvP and WvWTraitsBurning Fire: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP onlyTempest Defense: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP onlyEarth's Embrace: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlySoothing Ice: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP onlyFinal Shielding: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyGale Song: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyPyromancer's Puissance: Adjusted the Might granted from 1 stack for 15 seconds to 2 stacks for 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

To sum up :

• buff to scepter, and small buff to D/D
  • No change to sword.
  • Nerf of some traits...

It's a shame thats Anet is overall nerfing Weaver, especially final Shielding/Tempest Defense & Soothing Ice that are a lot usedThe buff is on skilled that are nearly not used at all.And nothing about Sword.Please, let's say in the discussion (in the link above) your mind, and the Sword Buff that Weaver need !

I don't think it's correct to call this an overall nerf yet. We avoided a lot of nerfs and got mostly buffs. The only nerf I think will hit Ele is the Soothing Ice one, but if anything it just makes the other options more attractive (stop drop and roll isn't bad at all).

It's entirely possible that, relative to other classes, Elementalist gains from these changes.

Anet came right out and said they didn't want instant damage to be too impactful so of course scepter only got the 1 change. I'll admit the return of the shatterstone meme buff was kinda funny though.

Our passives got nerfed but so did pretty much everyone's. This is a good thing in the long run for the game. Sword definitely stands to benefit from everyone losing much of their passive defenses because sword itself is actively defensive. Either way, we can't expect a nerf to passives and expect to escape that nerf ourselves.

If anything a lack of any change is a possible relative buff. I'm glad they're looking at D/D Weaver as well.

It's important to consider the changes in relation to the changes of other classes before we can give them buff/nerf classifications.

What I do see is an attempt at giving D/D some help, but on paper it seems underwhelming.

Still carrying the torch for F5 Unravel and a condi cleanse stance to replace it!

...................facepalm.......do we really needed this patch?.........nothing important besides Stone Resonance although we kinda need to see how it scales with healing power/vitality. Final Shielding....eh....looks like fresh weaver in eye's of devs is too tanky! Who knows... maybe devs thinks it has amazing sustain or it's bunker build!? Great idea to generally nerf passives but ele is NOT in same place as almost every difrent class in pvp ....there is laarge difference when you nerf passive endure pain on warrior (class with he the best basic stats in game) and ele (with lowest healthpool) few blocks when you almost dead. Do we will feel that nerf? Propably not on sword arcane builds but glass fa builds definitely will be more kill or be killed then ever. Although druid will eat quite nerf hammer so maybe some little hope for bunker sword builds to shine? Nah.....

Lasiurus.4067: sword could be in better place if had:elite that is works like an elite: does important stuffUnravel -must do something more than now it does - generally almost everyone if play sword will take lightning flash, twist of fate.. and.there are still faar better options then unravel. And we kinda should want to take it to deal with internal cool down mess.

@Lasiurus.4067 said:It's a shame thats Anet is overall nerfing Weaver, especially final Shielding/Tempest Defense & Soothing Ice that are a lot usedThe buff is on skilled that are nearly not used at all.And nothing about Sword.Please, let's say in the discussion (in the link above) your mind, and the Sword Buff that Weaver need !

They literally said they were going to be buffing skills that aren't used, in an attempt to encourage people to use them. Those are the only skills that should be bufed 95% of the time something is buffed.

@Razor.6392 said:Tfw mesmer receives LESS CHANGES than elementalist. Must be good to be ANet's favorite class!

Considering they are just doing numerical / CD changes and not actual mechanic changes (such as increasing projectile speeds, number of hits, etc). I'd say this is ok for now.

Any dev reading the ele subforum would see how much l33t pvers love their wammo combo they perfected on the golem after hours of practice, how much they gloat about their expertise for pressing dozen more buttons for no apparent gain

For all purposes 80-90% of current ele population is composed up by pvers who are quite happy to play their staff DPS pet build...why would the devs change anything?I must be one of the last remaining pvpers who mained this class in the past and the only one who still dare to come on this subforum to suggest changes

I just hope they increase sword range by 50 in most skills and reduce several cast times, would solve so many problem for the current sorry state of sword weaver.

As for D/D weaver, they need to add several survival features for 3rd skill (heck they have high CD as well). Current meta completely overwhelmed old D/D's healing potential and sword just wins out with their evades in skill 2. Even with more damage I doubt D/D wouldn't put enough pressure to put opponent on defensive. Scepter/focus weaver is already struggling against most metabuilds' active defenses when they fight from range. Dagger must have survival skills if players are to charge into such a melee-hate meta.

Apparently ele has too much survivability, and not just weaver, but core ele and tempest.And thus, season 11, ele remains dead! Come back for season 12 balance patch.Ele literally becoming one of those "play for fun but suck in competitive play" types, like deadeye, reaper etc.

On the notes above, D/D weaver is very fun and would be great to play but it's just underperforming now, perhaps the other classes having nerfs to passive will allow it to be more viable, but we will see.

@Razor.6392 said:New broken combo: Dragon's tooth -> Gale ->Shatterstone -> Arcane blast -> Air attunement 2x -> Lightning strike

Confirmed it instagibs the medium golem at the mists.

Dude...just build for max dps in water (take that +10% damage to vuln enemies while in water) and spam shatterstone = instant win!

Return of the shatterstoner!!

Overall, I don't feel like any builds got killed. I am glad to see passives removed mostly, even though it means that FA eles don't have a great option at the master tier of arcana for a trait anymore. It all depends how it plays out for other classes. A lot of the passive sustain that REALLY hurts FA ele's pressure is going away, but I am sure there will be some apex predator that has superior defense to FA ele and still oppresses it, probably mirage (which still can be invuln a good 50-60% of the time) and thief (esp. if its s/d that is use all over). I have also seen some soulbeasts that can spam unblockable stance...which really wrecks FA ele if there is a niche that opens up for it to see more use.

You might actually see bruiser ele have a chance (sw/d), as the amount of evades/healing you can spam can allow almost endless trolling (although it can't really kill anything). D/D will be better, but still kinda bad thanks to how hard it is to get to some very good #3 skills.

oh the tempest defence is a huge nerf. I see the dircetion to kick passives out of PvP but also burning fire was one of the weak traits that gave a slight possibility to have some cleanse without water ... And gale song again ... it´s just to totaly kick it out it was already dead after the first CD increase. I understand the passive nerves but totally destroying them, so it tears down nice builds and again diversity is just bad. I hate if all is focused on a few meta builds and the rest destroyed.Furry on swap was one of the main reasons i used arcane so this build died, now tempest defence was the trait i needed for my lighning rod build so now air is dead especialy the build only worked with surging rune too. Sometimes i took burning fire to have a non water build workign a bit better again unusable and i never liked playing water so .... I don´t play meta builds and most of the nerfs hit them ... And rune of surging removed too. Well i realy liked that on my berserker :-). Was the only warrior build i played as a change and agin totaly off meta wit no passives (ecept the rune ...).

here the build that got destroyed. It was fun for me.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnMMA9XiVYCGRAcYiFJAbIEMBShC3xAwJ0txOZzsA-jJxHQB0rMw42fAAnAgF+AAAA

Well my main ele build got basically untouched. Oh well i got shatterstone buff XD.

"Pyromancer's Puissance: Adjusted the Might granted from 1 stack for 15 seconds to 2 stacks for 10 seconds in PvP and WvW" Why??? This trait is the least GM-like trait I've ever seen. Get might on fire skill use. OMG so good...

I really hope these are followed up by some Weaver skill reworks. No amount of damage boosting (up to a point of course) will make Weaver good. It lacks the tools to counter things. Most specs actually have comparable or even better mobility than it. And on top of that, they also have things like boon stripping, large AoE attacks, group barriers, powerful healing...the list goes on... Weaver just has some weak barrier, a little mobility, tons of evades and incredible self healing. That's really it. It doesn't have the large AoEs, any group barrier at all that I can think of off the top of my head, wildly weak group healing. It really is just like a weaker Druid. But Druid has ranged attacks, as many evades, better mobility, stealth, a soon to be 20 second CD full condi cleanse and stun break, comparable yet passive self healing, and a pet to keep up pressure. I understand these changes aren't meant to be full balance changes, so that's the only thing keeping me hopeful. If they don't do any actually meaningful changes in the next balance update, aside from this one, then I'm fully giving up on Weaver. Useless piece of crap spec...

I am looking forward for these changes. Yes, S/D got a small nerf, but the nerfs on the other classes (Holo!) will make us more viable in the end. Also, the idea of just making automatic defenses plain worse is not a good way though. It seems lazy to not change them to something different.

Oh, and I wish for (some) Sword skills to hit better, of course. That's just ongoing QoL.

I don't mind the nerfs on passives, I don't play with them anyway. Maybe Tempest defense, but it's mostly for the +20% damage, and that should not change.Another Shatterstone meme. At this rate it may one day become a one shot kill skill. Did scepter really needed more damage though?Some profs will be hit harder which will be an indirect buff to eles.A good step in the right direction anyway.As already mentionned, I'd be happy with more reliability on sword attacks.Glypgh of renewal could be fun if it didn't have like 5min cast time.

This is a massive win for eles. I think all of us have been disheartened by the massive power creep. Instead of buffing weaver damage again to compete they've literally nerfed the power damage nearly across the board, and nuked a lot of the brainless but effective passives in the process. Amazing. It's the kind of thing we would have asked for but it seemed ridiculous to ask.

@Punch.4231 said:This is a massive win for eles. I think all of us have been disheartened by the massive power creep. Instead of buffing weaver damage again to compete they've literally nerfed the power damage nearly across the board, and nuked a lot of the brainless but effective passives in the process. Amazing. It's the kind of thing we would have asked for but it seemed ridiculous to ask.

People are already mentioning FA ele as a problematic build lol. I fear for the future.

The nerfs to passive procs are laudable. I did not expect to see a balance change at a deeper level than tweaking meta builds in my lifetime anymore.

Go Anet.

I'd like to not play fa after a year though, and nerfing passives across the board pushes FA sf once more. Give us a real sword or dagger build thanks.

@"Zintrothen.1056" said:"Pyromancer's Puissance: Adjusted the Might granted from 1 stack for 15 seconds to 2 stacks for 10 seconds in PvP and WvW" Why??? This trait is the least GM-like trait I've ever seen. Get might on fire skill use. OMG so good...

I really hope these are followed up by some Weaver skill reworks. No amount of damage boosting (up to a point of course) will make Weaver good. It lacks the tools to counter things. Most specs actually have comparable or even better mobility than it. And on top of that, they also have things like boon stripping, large AoE attacks, group barriers, powerful healing...the list goes on... Weaver just has some weak barrier, a little mobility, tons of evades and incredible self healing. That's really it. It doesn't have the large AoEs, any group barrier at all that I can think of off the top of my head, wildly weak group healing. It really is just like a weaker Druid. But Druid has ranged attacks, as many evades, better mobility, stealth, a soon to be 20 second CD full condi cleanse and stun break, comparable yet passive self healing, and a pet to keep up pressure. I understand these changes aren't meant to be full balance changes, so that's the only thing keeping me hopeful. If they don't do any actually meaningful changes in the next balance update, aside from this one, then I'm fully giving up on Weaver. Useless piece of crap spec...

Fun part about this change that even now with minimal boon investment you get stack 25 stack's of might now with just autoattacking. EH if we had quickness i would be just happy with just cleaving stuff with fire autos in ...kinda rev style. But we're still far from it.

Well d/d weaver and core maybe even tempest ele should get a ok buff in wvw settings even the nado buff seems like a good bruser set up. I am not sure if scpter going to realty add much more then it already is and there nothing for staff.

I think the ideal about passive nerf is they are once per battle effects not moment to moment as the active effects.

Over all should be a good buff to wvw for bruser builds on ele spvp i really do not know.

Those are good changes, but it could be better for build diversity:

1. Reduce the cast time/cast animation for all Staff skills. Currently, a good thief/FA ele/Mesmer can kill a Staff ele before the staff ele finish casting 2 spells. It's too slow for PvP.
  2. Rock Solid should grant 2 stacks of 2s stability. One stack for 2s is really low, and not worth taking. With all the fear and random CC flying around, this can't protect against a Mesmer burst (even with perfect timing).
  3. Arcane Precision condition duration should be double. It's a 33% chance after a critical hit, and with an internal cooldown too. Give Ele more way to build beside just bunkering.
  4. Elemental Enchantment should reduce attunement cooldown by 25%. It is pretty weak compared to any grandmaster minor in other specs
  5. Bountiful Power is pretty weak, especially with all the books hate around. It should be 3% per boon.
  6. Harmonious Conduit should give 20% damage buff. We can't buff that in PvE, but that trait is pretty weak compared to other choices in PvP. Buffing it may allow glass Tempest, which helps build diversity.

Basically, these changes would help Ele to have more choices on non-bunker builds. We've been stuck with bunkering for way too long.

For FA ele, I believe we may want to add some very short cast time to some of the instant skill (like 1/4s) because those would be the main thing people complain about after the general nerf. Ele needs nerf on that part too.

Archived