[Suggestion] Legendary Bows Include Matching Quiver

Reece.7341

I'm sure all of you legendary bow collectors have thought of this. With the remarkably low number of quiver models on the market and being limited to 2 brown ones, 1 brown trash metal, and 2 fire quivers, the options to pair with our legendary bows is really lack luster and makes the whole weapon look worse when it's sheathed. Not only is matching colors a problem, but the quiver positions are just odd when paired with certain bows and even clip because they are tilted on different axis.

I'd really like to see a gem store option, or even just a bonus skin handed out when completing the legendary bows for a cool matching quiver.

We got this with the Fire Dragon Longbow, and it's great. I'd love to have something similar for a legendary item that took much more time and resources, then a quick gem store key spam.

While I almost always like the idea of having more options as far as models of weapons and armor, even quivers (been using rox's quiver for ages on ranger), wouldn't adding a backpiece to a weapon collection be a bit unfair to every other legendary weapon? Would the rifles and pistols then need an ammo pouch? I would be in favor of adding an item via a separate collection or even gemstore with the same theme, as a legendary weapon but not auto include.

You already get certain exclusive effects from legendary quests. Example being the tiger cub back pieces from the shortbow. But no matter how they are acquired, I'd love to see these implemented.

I only say to have them along with legendary acquisition because if it was perhaps a gem store item many would have a "legendary" quiver skin without the legendary. To clarify this would only be a skin, not a legendary, stat-swappable, backpack.

I would be so awesome to have a matching quiver to our legendary bows. But as has been mentioned before, it would kinda imbalance the reward as you would unlock more skins from crafting a bow instead of say a sword or speargun.

The only way I could see this happening, as much as I love the idea, would be if crafting and acc.bining a legendary bow would uinlock a collection, on par with maybe the T1 or T3 collections of the precursor scavanger hunts, to unlock a quiver skin, not an actual piece of gear, just a skin.

• 3 months later...

Necro'ing my old thread. Now with the instruments added for the warhorn and focus. Looks like the imbalanced rewards arguement is out the window. And they are simple vendor purchases. Who'd like to see this become a thing? All quivers we have look like trash with the Chuka and Champawat.

YESSSSs.This is something that can and should be implemented. They made it so that the legendary warhorns and the minstrel are now playable instruments, they should give matching quivers. The juggernaut gives you chromatic ooze as a useable item. Astralaria and Chuka give mini/or backpack. Absolutely.

As long as it was optional I wouldn't mind it. My main character who uses the Dreamer often uses the Holographic Dragon Wings because most back items clip with her hair and/or obscure the bow. Unless it was tiny and floating (not out of the question for The Dreamer) I doubt I'd use a quiver. Besides since the thing shoots unicorns I quite like the idea that they're magically created when she draws the string back rather than carried around with her.

@Danikat.8537 said:As long as it was optional I wouldn't mind it. My main character who uses the Dreamer often uses the Holographic Dragon Wings because most back items clip with her hair and/or obscure the bow. Unless it was tiny and floating (not out of the question for The Dreamer) I doubt I'd use a quiver. Besides since the thing shoots unicorns I quite like the idea that they're magically created when she draws the string back rather than carried around with her.

Maybe its just a rainbow!

It would/should be a completely optional, purchasable back item skin than you can get from a special vendor. One that is only unlocked after soul-binding one of the legendary bows. Same as the instrument version of the legendaries that were released yesterday.

@Reece.7341 said:Necro'ing my old thread. Now with the instruments added for the warhorn and focus. Looks like the imbalanced rewards arguement is out the window. And they are simple vendor purchases. Who'd like to see this become a thing? All quivers we have look like trash with the Chuka and Champawat.

I really like what they did with the instruments it's a nice QoL thing that adds to the flavor of those legendaries. I still support this idea a lot.

That would be really awesome!I think they could do some magic with back pieces.Like making it so that the "default" engineer back piece you can pick at character creation turns into the old backpacks for engineer kits when you equip those.Also making all current existing quivers do the same for legendary bows would be cool.They could even make a new open world "legendary" back piece shaped like a quiver that would change it's look to adapt to all bows. That'd be dope!(Then they could create a couple more for non-bow wielders ^_^)

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

@Ephemiel.5694 said:Please don't give them ideas, they'll end up making a Legendary Quiver or something.

Couldn't hurt to give some legendary back options for those of us who don't have a wing fetish.

Couldn't hurt to have a non-joke Longbow either and we've been asking for that for years now.

The only non-joke design that could exist for Longbows is the basic design they all share. Adding other stuff just makes it look goofy. Have you seen Compound bows? all those moving parts and math and funny sounding material names, no sane person would enjoy how that looks.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Ephemiel.5694 said:Please don't give them ideas, they'll end up making a Legendary Quiver or something.

Couldn't hurt to give some legendary back options for those of us who don't have a wing fetish.

Couldn't hurt to have a non-joke Longbow either and we've been asking for that for years now.

The only non-joke design that could exist for Longbows is the basic design they all share. Adding other stuff just makes it look goofy. Have you seen Compound bows? all those moving parts and math and funny sounding material names, no sane person would enjoy how that looks.

Look at the 2nd short bow legendary.

@Reece.7341 said:Necro'ing my old thread. Now with the instruments added for the warhorn and focus. Looks like the imbalanced rewards arguement is out the window. And they are simple vendor purchases. Who'd like to see this become a thing? All quivers we have look like trash with the Chuka and Champawat.

I think it would be fun if each legendary came with its own 'extra' reward, such as musical instruments (as we've seen on the warhorn & focus), the 'ooze buddy' of Juggernaut, the tiger-on-your-back that we already get with Chuka & Champawat. Quivers would be fun, too, as well as maybe a Risen High Wizard tonic for the greatswords.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

the next legendary they release will be the greatest joke of all and it will just be a plain old compound bow with no effects ;)on a more serious note, i fail to see how Kudzu is a "joke"

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

Define "non-joke".

Kudzu isn't meant to be a gag weapon. You might not like the nature motif but that doesn't place it on the same tier as the Dreamer or Moot.

Archived