WvW VIP area

@Last Crysis.1934 said:Dear ANET I ask this knowing I will never get a response from you, but can we get a VIP area in WvW like the other 2 game modes. It would be good for letting our PIPs time out too.

Define VIP area?

Pips can tick out in OS currently, which has also had a lot of vendors added as well.

What other features would you like that the other two have?

Raid lobby is kind of stark. Not much there.

PvP lobby is very different.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:I do not support this. WvW maps have population limits and people should not have a reason to be on the map other than playing said gamemode.

The area obviously would not count towards the player count.

Due to how the populationlimit is based on being on the map rather than in a specific area of the map (I am not an ANet dev so have no idea how the system works exactly) this would probably require an aditional map instance being made. Time that would be better spent on other parts of WvW.

I am all for adding craftingstations in obsidian sanctum though if it does not result in the safe areas becoming too cluttered.

OS adding crafting stations was something they were looking at, but as was said above indirectly, you would need a larger safe space to allow for crafting stations. Merchants, banks, etc are there now which is a welcome addition. Making it more Of a lobby would be welcome.

MAYBE (soonish) we will see a true lobby around the arena space which is part of using the arena as a GvG option to allow guilds to fight there like the guild hall options. (Dangit, I can dream.,,,)

@DemonSeed.3528 said:I've actually seen some people I know with high ap and default gliders lol, almost made me want to buy them one. They are a rare sight though.

I actually changed from default glider last month,, kinda got tired of seen every one with pve and very eye candy glidders and then i was the one with a default one flyign arround... ç_ç i bough a gems....tore item pack.... lol so sad.

@Yakez.7561 said:

@Israel.7056 said:Would be nice but I doubt it will ever happen because it's unnecessary and redundant and I don't think WvW players are reliable purchasers of these sorts of things.

Have you ever seen default glider in WvW? WvW players purchase the same stuff as PvE players.

Can confirm. Fashion Wars gets played just as hard in WvW as PvE

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Israel.7056 said:Would be nice but I doubt it will ever happen because it's unnecessary and redundant and I don't think WvW players are reliable purchasers of these sorts of things.

Have you ever seen default glider in WvW? WvW players purchase the same stuff as PvE players.

Can confirm. Fashion Wars gets played just as hard in WvW as PvE

But this would be a WvW oriented presumably cash shop item. It doesn't matter if a glider skin flops with the WvW crowd because the PvErs will buy it cuz gotta have em all. If something like this flops with the WvW crowd then that's pretty much it. So yeah there's overlap but this is presumably a riskier proposition.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Can confirm. Fashion Wars gets played just as hard in WvW as PvEYou need to look at gliders for that?

I thought the amount of legendaries was a big enough tell...

@Yakez.7561 said:

Not to mention outfits, log tools and whatnot. Stupid reasoning to say wvw players are not a reliable source of purchases.

Archived