WvW VIP area — Guild Wars 2 Forums

WvW VIP area

Last Crysis.1934Last Crysis.1934 Member ✭✭✭

Dear ANET I ask this knowing I will never get a response from you, but can we get a VIP area in WvW like the other 2 game modes. It would be good for letting our PIPs time out too.

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Last Crysis.1934 said:
    Dear ANET I ask this knowing I will never get a response from you, but can we get a VIP area in WvW like the other 2 game modes. It would be good for letting our PIPs time out too.

Define VIP area?

Pips can tick out in OS currently, which has also had a lot of vendors added as well.

What other features would you like that the other two have?

Raid lobby is kind of stark. Not much there.

PvP lobby is very different.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Or you could just play the game an extra 15m or something.

• Yakez.7561Yakez.7561 Member ✭✭

Just basically crafting area where you can still get WvW pips after raid would be golden.

• LaGranse.8652LaGranse.8652 Member ✭✭✭

I do not support this. WvW maps have population limits and people should not have a reason to be on the map other than playing said gamemode.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

Would be nice but I doubt it will ever happen because it's unnecessary and redundant and I don't think WvW players are reliable purchasers of these sorts of things.

• LaGranse.8652LaGranse.8652 Member ✭✭✭

@aspirine.6852 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:
    I do not support this. WvW maps have population limits and people should not have a reason to be on the map other than playing said gamemode.

The area obviously would not count towards the player count.

Due to how the populationlimit is based on being on the map rather than in a specific area of the map (I am not an ANet dev so have no idea how the system works exactly) this would probably require an aditional map instance being made. Time that would be better spent on other parts of WvW.

I am all for adding craftingstations in obsidian sanctum though if it does not result in the safe areas becoming too cluttered.

• Yakez.7561Yakez.7561 Member ✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:
    Would be nice but I doubt it will ever happen because it's unnecessary and redundant and I don't think WvW players are reliable purchasers of these sorts of things.

Have you ever seen default glider in WvW? WvW players purchase the same stuff as PvE players.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've actually seen some people I know with high ap and default gliders lol, almost made me want to buy them one. They are a rare sight though.

OS adding crafting stations was something they were looking at, but as was said above indirectly, you would need a larger safe space to allow for crafting stations. Merchants, banks, etc are there now which is a welcome addition. Making it more Of a lobby would be welcome.

MAYBE (soon(TM)ish) we will see a true lobby around the arena space which is part of using the arena as a GvG option to allow guilds to fight there like the guild hall options. (Dangit, I can dream.,,,)

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    I've actually seen some people I know with high ap and default gliders lol, almost made me want to buy them one. They are a rare sight though.

I actually changed from default glider last month,, kinda got tired of seen every one with pve and very eye candy glidders and then i was the one with a default one flyign arround... ç_ç i bough a gems....tore item pack.... lol so sad.

@Yakez.7561 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Have you ever seen default glider in WvW? WvW players purchase the same stuff as PvE players.

That is an obviously invalid comparison.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2018

You don't need a safe space to put crafting stations in OS, just put them out in the middle for everyone to access. :blush: :fearful: :scream:

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Last Crysis.1934Last Crysis.1934 Member ✭✭✭

I think it would be fun to have a VIP area where all the servers could go craft and talk smack to one another.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yakez.7561 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Can confirm. Fashion Wars gets played just as hard in WvW as PvE

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    You don't need a safe space to put crafting stations in OS, just put them out in the middle for everyone to access. :blush: :fearful: :scream:

I thought of that.... the forum hacks would be out in force....

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Yakez.7561 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

But this would be a WvW oriented presumably cash shop item. It doesn't matter if a glider skin flops with the WvW crowd because the PvErs will buy it cuz gotta have em all. If something like this flops with the WvW crowd then that's pretty much it. So yeah there's overlap but this is presumably a riskier proposition.

• @Last Crysis.1934 said:
    I think it would be fun to have a VIP area where all the servers could go craft and talk smack to one another.

I really cant imagine wvw ppl standing around chatting and crafting lol how dull.....

Anyway crafting stations used to be in the alpine BLs they removed them to stop ppl taking up a que spot.

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

good idea.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Yakez.7561 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

You need to look at gliders for that?

I thought the amount of legendaries was a big enough tell...

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    MAYBE (soon(TM)ish) we will see a true lobby around the arena space which is part of using the arena as a GvG option to allow guilds to fight there like the guild hall options. (Dangit, I can dream.,,,)

Pretty much this.
    Its a nice map. Shame it doesn't see more use.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

If they're gonna make a new WvW zone why the heck wouldn't you guys want to be able to fight in it?
    All the little stuff adds up to no big stuff.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Yakez.7561 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Not to mention outfits, log tools and whatnot. Stupid reasoning to say wvw players are not a reliable source of purchases.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

@Offair.2563 said:
    Stupid reasoning to say wvw players are not a reliable source of purchases.

He says while citing anecdotal evidence.

• Shining One.1635Shining One.1635 Member ✭✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:
    But this would be a WvW oriented presumably cash shop item. It doesn't matter if a glider skin flops with the WvW crowd because the PvErs will buy it cuz gotta have em all. If something like this flops with the WvW crowd then that's pretty much it. So yeah there's overlap but this is presumably a riskier proposition.

Anet can just copy Mistlock Sanctuary. I already have it, but I'd pay some extra gems to be able to run down my pips there at the end of the night.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Anet can just copy Mistlock Sanctuary. I already have it, but I'd pay some extra gems to be able to run down my pips there at the end of the night.

Do you mean Obsidean Sanctum?

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

You'd pay gems for a redundant item that would give you the ability to do something you can already do for free?

• I see the OP's idea and I think it would be nice to have crafting added to OS or like they said a vip zone. I know the pvp people have one for being top tier in pvp so they could do the same for wvw. Make OS have crafting locations near our own spawns. While waiting for my pips to run down I would love to be working on something else I then have to wait longer to do. 2 birds 1 stone would be helpful.

• Shining One.1635Shining One.1635 Member ✭✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:
    You'd pay gems for a redundant item that would give you the ability to do something you can already do for free?

I can't currently run down my participation clock in Mistlock Sanctuary. It would be worth some gems to me (not the full 1000 I already paid though) to be able to run down the clock there. There are various crafting tasks and purchases I do daily. I would be able to do those while waiting for the clock to run down.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

I can't currently run down my participation clock in Mistlock Sanctuary. It would be worth some gems to me (not the full 1000 I already paid though) to be able to run down the clock there. There are various crafting tasks and purchases I do daily. I would be able to do those while waiting for the clock to run down.

Mind boggling but ok.

• Last Crysis.1934Last Crysis.1934 Member ✭✭✭

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Not going to happen the most lock is part of the pve world.

I don't understand why some people are against a VIP area. If anything it might help the que's so that ppl aren't just afking at a full map. Yes I know you can go to OS but I hardly see that and when some one in /team asks the afkers to go to OS or a less populated map most ppl ignore them or give them flack. A-net does not have to make it a gem store item they can do something like the PvP VIP area were you win it....I would prefer gem personally but each to their own.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:
    I don't understand why some people are against a VIP area.

I don't understand people who are so obsessed with squeezing every point of participation out of every play session that they would literally sit there and let their participation time out. I also don't understand the whales who will buy seemingly anything Anet puts into their little gem store. But to each their own I suppose.

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

ANet made changes to OS for this purpose, they could probably do a couple of more things with it, but I find it decent as is.

In the past suggested them making a own dedicated "Server Lobby map", basically cut out the citadel from Alpine, and restore the crafting stations, add some golems and a dueling area. And make it a place where we don't get kicked out off (like the pvp lobby).

Would work as a place with every merchant and service, let us practice and train (with wvw stats and skills), be a map where people won't create queue's for relevant maps, pip cooldown, and a good way to meet players from the same server (for recruitment and community forming etc).

But they rather changes OS, while I think it is sub-par compared to the alternative, it's still a good change and I like it. Serves the purpose of "Pip-down", while clearing out invent and doing services quite well.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy 14, Dragon's Dogma

• or just keep pips time out when you leave wvw

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.