So no branded/awakened/haloween/wintersday/exo-suit bettle?

I guess we'll never see the beetle get a skin from these themes... That's a shame, it has all its chances to look awesome. Perhaps they don't want to just give it away, but making a beetle skin while increasing the price accordingly would make the pack cost 1920 gems, that's a weird number. 1600 is nice because you can buy gems and then the mount pack dirrectly. increasing the price would force players to complete with golds, or pay a higher cost than the pack itself, leaving them with a weird amount of gems after the purchase...

Now even if they make new packs with the beetle, they can't give 6 mount skins packs at the same price as 5 mount skins packs, can they? Will we ever see a beetle in a mount pack? What if they release new mounts in the future?

So many questions, not enough answers... -Dessa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What have I missed? How do you know they're never going to do it?

Or is this based entirely on the fact that they've not done it yet and including the beetle skin in the existing mount packs would increase the cost? Because the obvious answer to that IMO is that they'll sell the themed beetle skins separately, at least for the previous packs.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:or release "beetle legacy skin pack" which would give exactly 5 skins for 5 released skin packs for 1600 gems, problem solved

That's only a good solution if you want all 5 skins. I didn't buy 4/5 mount skin packs because I don't like them and it's highly unlikely I'd want a beetle using those themes. I'm only interested in a branded one. If I have to buy all 5 to get it then I won't buy it at all.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:or release "beetle legacy skin pack" which would give exactly 5 skins for 5 released skin packs for 1600 gems, problem solved

This is what I expect.

Anyone with access to mounts has a chance at having the first five. Griffon may take a lot of extra work, but they have access to it. The beetle, however, is from a living story chapter. You can have access to the PoF mounts, and still not have access to the beetle. So, I think they're going to try and keep those skins separate. Nobody wants to spend 2000 gems on something, only to be told that 1/6th of it can't be used without additional purchase.

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@"Dreadshow.9320" said:To be fair there is no Armadillo Raptor, Springer, Skimmer, Jackal, Griffon either.

I don't know if I should answer seriously but... Every mount has their own 2k gems skin. It's not in a pack. People who bought a complete set now have an incomplete set. That's the issue.

The real issue here is that you are being impatient... “Long Live the Lich is Live by The Guild Wars 2 Team on June 26, 2018"... That was only 23 days ago.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The Devs have specifically stated they won't be adding Roller Beetle skins to those Mount Skin 5-packs. No idea if single Roller Beetle Mount Skins will mirror those designs, or if some other kind of Roller Beetle Mount Skin bundles will be offered.

Interesting, do you have a link? Did they say anything about RNG liscences?

I believe it was mentioned in the latest AMA.

Since the launch of the roller beetle, we’ve seen some players asking whether we’ll update previously-released mount skin packs, such as the Branded Mounts Pack or the recently released Awakened Mounts Pack, to include roller beetle skins. We will not be retroactively adding the roller beetle to previously released mount packs, but we will provide options for roller beetle skins in the Gem Store and will provide details in the future.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Dreadshow.9320" said:To be fair there is no Armadillo Raptor, Springer, Skimmer, Jackal, Griffon either.

I don't know if I should answer seriously but... Every mount has their own 2k gems skin. It's not in a pack. People who bought a complete set now have an incomplete set. That's the issue.

The real issue here is that you are being impatient... “Long Live the Lich is Live by The Guild Wars 2 Team on June 26, 2018"... That was only 23 days ago.

No, he isn't... They said they aren't adding the Beetle to existing packs.So yes, we'll have incomplete sets. It's bs, but then again it's nothing new with Arena Net, especially when it concerns mounts.It's always the least consumer friendly option.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I believe it was mentioned in the latest AMA.

Since the launch of the roller beetle, we’ve seen some players asking whether we’ll update previously-released mount skin packs, such as the Branded Mounts Pack or the recently released Awakened Mounts Pack, to include roller beetle skins. We will not be retroactively adding the roller beetle to previously released mount packs, but we will provide options for roller beetle skins in the Gem Store and will provide details in the future.

The dev quote from this thread...

“We will not be retroactively adding the roller beetle to previously released mount packs, but we will provide options for roller beetle skins in the Gem Store and will provide details in the future.”

They are not adding them to the previous existing packs that players bought, they will make them purchasable outside of those existing packs...

“...we will provide options for roller beetle skins in the Gem Store and will provide details in the future.”

All they said is there will be beetle skins; they said nothing about what sorts of skins. They could be all one offs, retro packs, etc. Given how frequently new MountFits are released, I don't think we'll have to wait all that long.Hint: Tuesday is a scheduled content release.

@Fenom.9457 said:

Yeah I don’t see why people panic, just do this! Totally awesome, I’d buy it

It's reasonable but then you will have, and have had people who are upset because the pack of 5 skins they saw advertised , they paid for, and received exactly as advertised and paid for doesn't include a 6th skin.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Yeah I don’t see why people panic, just do this! Totally awesome, I’d buy it

It's reasonable but then you will have, and have had people who are upset because the pack of 5 skins they saw advertised , they paid for, and received exactly as advertised and paid for doesn't include a 6th skin.

There are two ways to see it:

• Players who bought a pack paid for 5 skins and therefore should not have a free 6th skin.
  • Players who bought a pack paid for a complete set of mounts and for the ability to dye all of their mounts, and therefore should receive a free beetle skin.

Both points of view are understandable, though I personally stand for the second one.

@Palador.2170 said:

This is what I expect.

Anyone with access to mounts has a chance at having the first five. Griffon may take a lot of extra work, but they have access to it. The beetle, however, is from a living story chapter. You can have access to the PoF mounts, and still not have access to the beetle. So, I think they're going to try and keep those skins separate. Nobody wants to spend 2000 gems on something, only to be told that 1/6th of it can't be used without additional purchase.

Keeping them separate actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. Also players who already got a skin for each mount won't have to go through RNG again and risk receiving non-beetle skins when they want to get just that.

Now the pack sets don't actually give you a full set, which sours the concept of a set. Not sure what the solution is. And are future sets, if they include the beetle, going to be more expensive? Ugggh.

I'm reluctant to get the beetle atm because I've purchased so many mount skins that it seems ridiculous to not use them. I'll still get the beetle for map completion, and to mess around, but I'm not feeling any urgency. The not-armadillo was a hard pass for me, sadly, but I am glad that it made others happy.

Why on earth do you think ANET owes anyone a free skin just because its expanded the mounts as the game expanded.Sure I would expect and be happy to see some themed skins around key game events as and when, but just because something new is added to the game in no way means your owed anything. Gees with that in mind they would be forever having to give away stuff OR never expand things like mounts ever again to avoid this sense of player entitlement.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Why on earth do you think ANET owes anyone a free skin just because its expanded the mounts as the game expanded.Sure I would expect and be happy to see some themed skins around key game events as and when, but just because something new is added to the game in no way means your owed anything. Gees with that in mind they would be forever having to give away stuff OR never expand things like mounts ever again to avoid this sense of player entitlement.

Perfectly worded.

@"ROMANG.1903" said:There are two ways to see it:

• Players who bought a pack paid for 5 skins and therefore should not have a free 6th skin.
  • Players who bought a pack paid for a complete set of mounts and for the ability to dye all of their mounts, and therefore should receive a free beetle skin.

Both points of view are understandable, though I personally stand for the second one.

Players already got the ability to dye all their mounts that existed at the time of purchase. ANet never offered an option of "get four dye channels on all mounts available now and that will ever be available for the lifetime of GW2." While I understand people liking the idea of getting more than they paid for, that's different from it being likely or reasonable.

Archived