Hellfire Infusion

Glider.5792

Soo, Anet showed this yesterday on their twitter.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpFcJ1mWsAAFZOr?format=jpgIt seems to be coming with the Haloween event then, most likely gonna be a drop from ToT bags.Now im wondering, why is this an event drop, while the whole Hellfire set (armor + backpiece) is only available from AP, and that is HUGE amount of AP. Like, the amount of effort needed to collect the whole set is one of most demanding things ingame. Noone even has the backpiece yet, heck, its not even available to anyone yet since there isnt enough available AP.In one way, Great! I will be able to get the infusion already (and finish my character look), instead of collecting another.... 7k ap most likely.... which would most likely only happen in like... 4 years......On the other hand... the infusion will most likely be one of rarest things ingame, being worth hundreds if not thousands of gold.. Yay.......

Idk, It just feels wrong... This deserves to be one of the achievment rewards. I just feel like this will devalue the hellfire armor (which is stuck in its 2013 look) even more, while the infusion actualy has a nice effect.

Edit: Also seems like the link doesnt work ? Anyway the image is on the offical ANet Twitter.Edit2: Should work now.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I dont think its hellfire, the courtiers of the mad king all have a fiery glow, which i think this is a nod to.And im pretty sure this thing will drop 0.0000042% of the times every millionth bag.Making it worth 623 auric vials

Dont forget that Hellfire sceleton mini also drops from ToT. If you check its effect it also looks exactly like hellfire armor. It makes sense honestly.

Meh ... > @Glider.5792 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I dont think its hellfire, the courtiers of the mad king all have a fiery glow, which i think this is a nod to.And im pretty sure this thing will drop 0.0000042% of the times every millionth bag.Making it worth 623 auric vials

Dont forget that Hellfire sceleton mini also drops from ToT. If you check its effect it also looks exactly like hellfire armor. It makes sense honestly.

The hellfire skeleton's effect is nothing like the screenshot.

The skeleton's effect is more like a giant scaled up version of Koda's Warmth.

@"ScottBroChill.3254" said:wheres the infusion? I think ur talking about that new helm and the lunatic armor, but theres no infusion as far as I can see.

The helm isn't new, it's just the Warden Helm, Sylvari Cultural armor. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warden_armorOP is talking about the face. It looks like it was made out of lava and slag. So, if it's an infusion (we don't know, yet), it's not an aura effect, but a skin effect, like the new crystall infusion and also the celestial infusion are.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Meh ... > @Glider.5792 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:I dont think its hellfire, the courtiers of the mad king all have a fiery glow, which i think this is a nod to.And im pretty sure this thing will drop 0.0000042% of the times every millionth bag.Making it worth 623 auric vials

The hellfire skeleton's effect is nothing like the screenshot.

The skeleton's effect is more like a giant scaled up version of Koda's Warmth.

Thats not the point. The point is that "Hellfire" is not only connected to AP rewards, but also to halloween. When you look at the infusion effect by itself, it clearly looks like the hellfire armor.

@Karaha.3290 said:

@"ScottBroChill.3254" said:wheres the infusion? I think ur talking about that new helm and the lunatic armor, but theres no infusion as far as I can see.

The helm isn't new, it's just the Warden Helm, Sylvari Cultural armor.
OP is talking about the face. It looks like it was made out of lava and slag. So, if it's an infusion (we don't know, yet), it's not an aura effect, but a skin effect, like the new crystall infusion and also the celestial infusion are.

Its on the face and on the hands.

@Glider.5792 said:

OP is talking about the face. It looks like it was made out of lava and slag. So, if it's an infusion (we don't know, yet), it's not an aura effect, but a skin effect, like the new crystall infusion and also the celestial infusion are.

The hands just look like the Lunatic Templar Gauntlets.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

The hands just look like the Lunatic Templar Gauntlets.

Hmm, i belive you're right there. Though the coloration is extremly well done when you look at the palms. Like, compare it to hellfire gloves and you will see its same coloration. But ye, most likely just dyed.

@Karaha.3290 said:

I see I see, well thats actually pretty neat

I don't see anything? No particle effects. Anyway, I'm glad it's coming here instead of buying themselves another 2-3 years of not having to make new ach rewards - when we reach the end of what they made, I want another 2 armor sets to alternate between - maybe give us Zenith and Pinnacle armors, and Radiant and Hellfire weapons?

I NEED that hellfire infusion for my fire elementalist - which has a 'fire djinn' theme. I doubt it'll be available for the average player though, and I suspect it to be like the chak egg sac or other infusions that cost at least 10,000 gold (unrealistic for most people in their entire GW2 lifetime).

I just hope it'll one day be a reasonable price like 100-600g or so, so that it's at least do-able for the average player.

@Zaoda.1653 said:I NEED that hellfire infusion for my fire elementalist - which has a 'fire djinn' theme. I doubt it'll be available for the average player though, and I suspect it to be like the chak egg sac or other infusions that cost at least 10,000 gold (unrealistic for most people in their entire GW2 lifetime).

I just hope it'll one day be a reasonable price like 100-600g or so, so that it's at least do-able for the average player.

With your Elementalist, what's the Armor and Weapons you use? I've got a Water Djinn themed Necromancer (and a backstory of him befriending one) running Requiem Crown with blue aura, Funerary Armor with blue gems, Embellished Scepter, Olmakhan beacon and a Mini Aqua Jackal Pup. He should also get Amalgamated Greatblade for use as a Reaper. I figure with this new infusion, I could go Fire Djinn with Touch of Madness. Do you have any recommendations? In terms of Weapons and Minis, first and foremost.

Archived