Things I would love have if there is another expansion (Elite Specs)

Frozenize.9603

If there is another expansion, then I would love to see these things happen:

1. Dual Pistol - Elementalist (Gunslinger): Like the Gunner in Aion + elemental bullets. It sounds awesome, right?
  2. Staff - Warrior (Warlord): The chance of getting a staff for Warrior is quite high because it is quite weird to give him Scepter, don't you think?
  3. Dual Axes - Theif (Outlaw): This is cool!
  4. Longbow/Shortbow - Mesmer (No idea about the name)
  5. Greatsword - Revenant (No idea about the name)
  6. Sword or Sword/Shield - Necromancer (Death Knight)
  7. Rifle or Dual Pistol - Ranger (Sharpshooter): Come on Anet, the class name is Ranger and all I do is melee.
  8. Pistol or Dual Pistol - Guardian (Exorcist): I main Guardian but to be honest with you guys I do not know which weapons is suitable for Guardian with new specs. Dagger seems weird and so the rifle so I choose Pistol. I would love to see the similar idea of the Exorcist as the anime.
  9. Greatsword - Engineer (No idea about the name): I have never played Engineer in my life so I pick random stuff for this class.

If Anet creates more weapon or brings the underwater weapons to the surface, then I would love to have these things:

1. Greataxe/ Spear/ Glaive/ Trident: Melee please. Come on who does not love these weapons right? About the Trident, I believe Aquaman can give Anet some idea how to bring it to the surface.
  2. Harp: FOR THE BARD
  3. Key Sword: Like Kingdom Heart weapon and the Mechanic from Aion, then Engineer can have its TRANSFORMER Combat Suit.
  4. Gauntlet/Knuckles: FOR THE MONK
  5. Dual Greatsword/ Hammer: I got the idea from Fury Warrior WoW.
  6. Shuriken and Katana/Nodachi: FOR THE NINJA AND SAMURAI
  7. Crossbow/ Dual Crossbow: Diablo 3 Demon Hunter.

Those are my ideas about what I would love to see if there is another expansion. Please tell me what do you guys think about it.

Thank you for reading my article!

i like the exorcist idea, although whether better for Guardian or Necro I'm debating. It doesn't really fit the GW Universe, but I still like it

Perhaps the mesmer shortbow one could involve firing the arrows to make your phantasms around a target and using an F key to cycle through which you "inhabit"/control (you essentially constantly switch position with a small cd between switches). Needs a cool name though. Maybe Gambit or Phantom or something

Death Knight is quite a common suggestion although I'm not saying that as a bad thing. I've always quite like the idea of pistol for Necro and emulating Shadow Man (Soul Eater or something for a name)

Revenant I'm thinking maybe warhorn and Rurik as the Legend. Name Stormcaller (like said Horn from the GW1 mission)

@Ashantara.8731 said:Harb? Never heard of it. Unless you meant Harp.

Would love for Monk to be introduced as a new Profession, not Elite Spec, as there is no current profession that would fit (Guardian and Revenant are both heavy armor, and that is so not what a Monk would wear).

True, but we also learned that Monk went on to become the Guardian. As for the armor weight issue, I very much agree . Unless they allow the Elite Spec to alter a classes weight class. Which would mean some who swap specs on a character would have to carry one set of each weight armor, but I don't see that happening either really.

@starhunter.6015 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Harb? Never heard of it. Unless you meant Harp.

Would love for Monk to be introduced as a new
Profession
, not Elite Spec, as there is no current profession that would fit (Guardian and Revenant are both heavy armor, and that is so not what a Monk would wear).

True, but we also learned that Monk went on to become the Guardian.

Where did we "learn" that? There is absolutely no connection between the two (cultural and otherwise) other than their "protective spirit" (pun intended).

Priests still exist in the world of GW2, so claiming Guardians were the new stage of the Monk does not make much sense to me.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Profession
, not Elite Spec, as there is no current profession that would fit (Guardian and Revenant are both heavy armor, and that is so not what a Monk would wear).

Where
did we "learn" that? There is
absolutely
no connection between the two (cultural and otherwise) other than their "protective spirit" (pun intended).

Priests still exist in the world of GW2, so claiming Guardians were the new stage of the Monk does not make much sense to me.

From the novel Sea of Sorrows "

It's a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training, wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha. A real grab bag of "you can't hurt me". They're called guardians, and simply put, they mean trouble.

— Macha"

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Profession

Where
did we "learn" that? There is
absolutely
no connection between the two (cultural and otherwise) other than their "protective spirit" (pun intended).

apart from the general theme and several same name skills.

@"starhunter.6015" said:From the novel Sea of Sorrows "

It's a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training, wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha. A real grab bag of "you can't hurt me". They're called guardians, and simply put, they mean trouble.

— Macha"

First of all, thanks for the quote. :+1: But, as stated, they are NOT Monks, nor Ritualists. Their game mechanics are different, their state of mind is different. I'd prefer a martial Monk profession, Guardians are more like Battle Clerics.

I could see new weapon added, maybe not in the next expansion, but the expansion after it. We've seen few enemies in PoF with new weapons (Scythe and Spear), the old professions, Dervish and Paragon.

I see Warrior as the best users of a new weapon - Land Spear. I would like if spears are actually mid-range weapons like in GW1, and Warrior becoming a support/tactician class like Paragons were. If not a new weapon, then Focus and going support with Mantra utilities.

I like the idea of Revenant getting Warhorn and Rurik as Legend, also being support with Shouts-like utilities. Especially with new boon direction thing going on.

Guardians are a bit tough to guess for next spec, they got dmg spec, and they got Condi/utility spec, together with a ranged weapon, and Firebrand as a whole is all over the place with also having Taunt/tanky mechanics in the Tome of Courage. But still, the only spec I see would be something like the real tanky spec, with Mace off-hand getting taunt as a mechanic in weapon skill. Cantrips as utility skills.

Thief - I wanted for them to get Mace Main Hand (control playstyle) or Torch (condition based spec) in PoF expansion. I can see Thief getting those weapons more than axes. Manipulation utility skills.

Ranger got Condi/support/healer and kinda burst-like Soulbeast spec. I still want them to get Hammer for control/knockdown based spec Bunny Thumper applying Daze. Meditation/Rage/Physical or Glamour utility skills.

An Engineer can get a lot of weapons, I would love to see an Off-hand weapon introduced Torch/Mace/Pistol and going condition. Utility skills are some new mechanic as that is unique to the engineer.

Elementalist - I don't know. Longbow would be cool, firing elemental based Wells (utility).

Necromancer - Sword(s) with Arcane utility skill, focused on doing crits for certain effects to buff Minions.

Mesmer - Pistol Main Hand, destroying Clones/Phantasms to heal allies. Consecration or Spirit utility skills. Something like gw1 Ritualist healers.

This would be my take on next elite specs.

Fist weapons would be quite bae. Id like to see anet's take on them. Personally idk why but id much rather see guardian get a spear if we get new weapons ?(id prefer it over pistols). Bow or lb for mesmer is really cool that or maybe spear there too (kinda like phantom lancer from dota)

Archived