Feedback on Pharus [Merged]

I can't be the only one that thinks this new legendary longbow lacks the 'legendary' aspect to it. After making it, I felt like I wasted all that time farming for some gem store skin.

Before I go on ranting and get off track. I think this longbow needs to get back to the drawing board and redesigned a bit. It's not legendary worthy. And for the time and material cost, it's no where near worth it. The design is basic and I feel like there wasn't much effort put into it.

Kudzu has been out for years and still beats it hands down.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AzureTerra.1642 said:Nice smooth lines and clean effects make a good looking weapon. Most of the legendary are way to OTT

If you want something smooth and clean... use another 60+ longbow skins.... legendary must be above all LB skins... precious... like incenerator dagger (new dagger is also crap and you see them just few ...)

This LB skill is just cheap looking gem skin with some added shine effect.

Dissapointed, and im saying it as player.... also as senior graphic designer.

@intox.6347 said:

@AzureTerra.1642 said:Nice smooth lines and clean effects make a good looking weapon. Most of the legendary are way to OTT

If you want something smooth and clean... use another 60+ longbow skins.... legendary must be above all LB skins... precious... like incenerator dagger (new dagger is also kitten and you see them just few ...)

You being graphic designer doesn't mean anything, someone said its art and its a very subjective matter and they're right.It doesn't mean your opinion is more superior than others!

Some people like it and I think its a great legendary but its not my taste so I will waste my resources on something else I like.You also have another option you can always craft the first generation LB or get another skin.

@InvaGir.9158 said:

@"AzureTerra.1642" said:Nice smooth lines and clean effects make a good looking weapon. Most of the legendary are way to OTT

If you want something smooth and clean... use another 60+ longbow skins.... legendary must be above all LB skins... precious... like incenerator dagger (new dagger is also kitten and you see them just few ...)

You being graphic designer doesn't mean anything, someone said its art and its a very subjective matter and they're right.It doesn't mean your opinion is more superior than others!

Some people like it and I think its a great legendary but its not my taste so I will waste my resources on something else I like.You also have another option you can always craft the first generation LB or get another skin.

Ok we can take it from another side.That statetment about me being graphic designer, is about... art is my work, i sell things only if they look good, if it looks good for some minority but not for targeted group, im doing my work wrong.It aplies same here.... nice gem skin is sold more than "ugly" one ...But legendary is another type.... u dont have too much to choose... 2 legendaries to pick skin, yes some are both nice... scepter, sword.... but how many ppl did you saw with 2nd gen legendary rifle, dagger, hammer .... not much. Ppl dont like it that much. Its like Fiat Multipla, its not nice car... still it have some followers.Old LB is too flowery to take it serious, and this one is too blend to spend 2500 gold for it.

And i get difference between subjective and objective.... but once major group take same subjective view on situation, it become objective.

@intox.6347 said:

@"AzureTerra.1642" said:Nice smooth lines and clean effects make a good looking weapon. Most of the legendary are way to OTT

Ok we can take it from another side.That statetment about me being graphic designer, is about... art is my work, i sell things only if they look good, if it looks good for some minority but not for targeted group, im doing my work wrong.It aplies same here.... nice gem skin is sold more than "ugly" one ...But legendary is another type.... u dont have too much to choose... 2 legendaries to pick skin, yes some are both nice... scepter, sword.... but how many ppl did you saw with 2nd gen legendary rifle, dagger, hammer .... not much. Ppl dont like it that much. Its like Fiat Multipla, its not nice car... still it have some followers.Old LB is too flowery to take it serious, and this one is too blend to spend 2500 gold for it.

And i get difference between subjective and objective.... but once major group take same subjective view on situation, it become objective.

Its totally fine and its your opinionI only replied to your comment only because of your statement of being a "Graphic Designer" I thought you were trying to imply the devs were in the wrong and to me it sounds selfish.

I don't like the new LB Legendary too, Although I find the drawing animation quite epic and the projectiles and sounds are satisfying.Yet its too simple for me so I will not get it.However if people love it why not I will not go against it :3

I finally see a legendary that looks like a fancy weapon, and not a confetti factory caught on fire.It's still over the top, but at least looks like a normal magical weapon.If you want extreme over the top weapons you have plenty of alternatives.

(Cough shooting unicorns and rainbows, cough cough)

@InvaGir.9158 said:

It means that he knows better than you if this is a ''cheap'' work or no ... so simple.And i dont believe that the majority are satisfied with this for Legendary Longbow (especially when the alternative is kudzu)

@intox.6347 said:

Hammer is one of the least used weapons. The gen2 hammer is really pretty but as you don't use hammers often you won't see it. I don't see that many rifles either.And you are not the majority. The resonance to this bow is rather positive.

@Hawkerace.6320 said:I can't be the only one that thinks this new legendary longbow lacks the 'legendary' aspect to it. After making it, I felt like I wasted all that time farming for some gem store skin.

Before I go on ranting and get off track. I think this longbow needs to get back to the drawing board and redesigned a bit. It's not legendary worthy. And for the time and material cost, it's no where near worth it. The design is basic and I feel like there wasn't much effort put into it.

Kudzu is ugly and obnoxious.

Perhaps not every legendary need be designed according to one taste.

@intox.6347 said:

Being above meaning looking tacky as heck for most of the weapons. If i were a player who used longbows i'd be disappointed that an highly invasive weed was the only thing i had on offer. What is needed for all of them is the way to turn the effects off on your own side so you don't have to put up with things like the obnoxious pony short bow and its effects.

@Hawkerace.6320 said:I can't be the only one that thinks this new legendary longbow lacks the 'legendary' aspect to it. After making it, I felt like I wasted all that time farming for some gem store skin.

Sadly they never change any skin after it's been implemented unless its projectile effects or auras, maybe sound effects.

The longbow looks like something from star wars. Which eh...... I like particle effects and footfalls but the skin itself is meh, and hard to match unless you have a silver and white character. That also has a blue aura? Lol good luck.

If a legendary weapon is supposed to stand out from others of its' type, Pharus fails. That's why i made The Moot instead of Eureka (looks just like the Deimos mace only with more effects and colour). Even Frostfang and Rodgort are more unique than Pharus...

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:Your completely subjective opinion on the appearance of something being given as hard evidence something needs to be redesigned because you personally don't like it. Did I get that right?

It's not just my opinion. A lot of players are complaining it looks similar to the chaos longbow skin (which it does). Others like myself, feel that for a legendary it's too basic looking with a simple design and it doesn't carry that 'legendary' feel to it when compared to the other gen2 weapons such as Chuka, Nevermore, Khan'ur...

There is zero chance this weapon will undergo a redesign. Not only do many people seem to like it, but many have also already made it. Changing a skin they already invested into wouldn't be at all fair to them and their investment.

I might make it for my DH, if I ever get through my queue of Legendaries ahead of it.

Pharus is pretty cool. Between the amazing draw animation, the solid projectile animations, and the awesome critical strike animation where it calls down a pillar of light on an enemy I'm personally very happy with my decision to make it. It's a bit narrow in it's appeal, similar to Kudzu. Kudzu looks out of place on anything that isn't a super flowery looking sylvari, maybe human. Pharus looks only looks good with deliberately very paladin looking characters. It's not like Shining Blade or Chuka where you can just slap it on anything and it'll look good. Really my one complaint is that there's a bug that makes the bowstring disappear frequently.o9rVu1f.jpgBwbLWPt.jpglgVkxrN.jpgextt5rn.jpgKl9gegk.jpg7xH38Xu.jpg

Seriously look at how high up the crit animation goes it's litearlly out of this world. I think it goes maximum the up.

Archived