What do you expect for Guild Wars 2 this year? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What do you expect for Guild Wars 2 this year?

Share your wishlist

Comments

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    What's yours?

I have no expectations; that way, I'm always pleasantly surprised.

I'll be honest; Jormag as villain for LS5. I'm just too obsessed with ice theme stuff and he's my favorite dragon. : P

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Real balancing like i expect every year.

• Roam.5208Roam.5208 Member ✭✭

New hair and faces </3

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

I expect about 4 episodes of Living World, maybe 5. I think 4 is guaranteed to happen. Anet have been talking about how they feel Living World is expansion level content. Between the mounts and how excellent the story missions have been I'm inclined to almost agree. But the real ultimate fulfillment of that promise would be generation 3 Elite Specializations. Elite Specializations are always my favorite part of any expansion by far. Experimenting, new builds, new effective uses for unusual stat combos, new metas. If there's a LWS5 release, either the opening or finale, that has Generation 3 Elite Specializations LW will truly be on par with expansions so I hope you guys have got those cooking by now.

In terms of holding out hope for something special I'm hoping for some World 3 Super Adventure Box. The team reinstated Queen's Jubilee and 4 Winds for the first time in years and I loved it and with cool updates to both as well. Halloween had cool updates, Winter's Day had a mini raid. I'm holding out a bit of hope we might get World 3 SAB this year.

I'm wondering if we'll see Generation 3 Legendary Weapons, too.

More nice boat rides in maps.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion.

• Whitworth.7259Whitworth.7259 Member ✭✭✭

After LW4, I expect LW5. I can't see a new expansion this year. I'm hoping for an announcement and then the expansion next year. I don't know what said expansion might cover though.

I expect Swiss style tournaments to be introduced in PvP and the continued trend of nerfing passive traits. Don't expect much other than that for PvP.

I'd like WvW restructuring and alliance system to be introduced but if I'm fully honest with myself, I don't expect it this year. In fact I can't see much changing in WvW at all this year.

• Donutdude.9582Donutdude.9582 Member ✭✭✭
    • A return to the Blood Legion Homelands
    • Development on Jormag and Primordus
    • The return of Zojja

My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mostly to regain some enjoyment. A combination of burnout and a disinterest in a story which I've found lacking has dropped my interest severely since Kourna (altho Jahai map was a belter!)

Hoping for something to spark with season 5, but I can't put my finger on specifically what it could be.

I'm possibly holding out for going away from traditional gw areas. I've found mostly that when they try to capture the old maps, it hasn't really worked for me, but when something like Bloodstone Fen, Sandswept Isles and other more original maps come along, their imagination runs free and the content reflects that.

Ok so rambling aside, less gw1 throwbacks is my wish

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

What I expect is not about what I wish. Those are two very different things. What I expect is what I think will happen, not what I hope that will happen.

So I expect LS5 chapters with more of the same and regular gemstore updates and "sales". Revenue is up for the game, so that means the gemstore is doing well and generally that means that companies are satisfied with how things are going. So I expect more of the same since it seems to be working.

I mean I'd wish for the next expansion and a rework of the skill system but with a LS5 coming first, I think we can safely assume that the expansion won't come till next year and the skill rework probably won't happen at all.

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

Expect:

• 4 living world episodes
    • 2 fractals
    • 1 raid

What I hope for:

• more than 4 living world episodes
    • more than 2 fractals and 1 raid
    • build templates
    • more legendary trinkets/gear
    • love for WvW
    • an expansion announcement for 2020
    • more casual group content which people can participate in while chatting
    • better tools for players for both grouping (revised lfg tool) and practice (say game own damage meter)

I bolded the two I find most important from my personal wish list.

• Despond.2174Despond.2174 Member ✭✭✭

Build/armor templates, tab for infusions/auras. There's always hope. :(

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

expecting is very different from wanting something to happen. i'd love for many things to happen, but what i expect to happen is to have a few S episodes and a 3rd expansion announcement.

• Get people who actually know how to balance do the balancing.

An unsavory fellow beloved by those of unsavory ilk.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

I hope for: More than 2018. 2+ fractals, 2 raids, 4 episodes at least, alliances, swiss etc. A cadence closer to the 2 month mark.

Also Them announcing an expansion at the end of se5 (tho i doubt that will happen in 2019)

I expect: around the same as 2018 :/

• I expect the thief class to be metaphorically deleted, all because of Deadeye. I expect balance in general to continue being "meh" at best. And I expect more Gem Store rubbish. Only plus side, is the possibility of a new expansion being announced. I imagine we're getting pretty close to the end of LS S4.

• Ana.2415Ana.2415 Member ✭✭
    • New hairstyles and faces for all the races
    • Being able to hide shoulders from the outfits
    • Being able to use a head piece armor while wearing an outfit (for example using an outfit plus kitty ears at the same time)
    • Build templates
    • Old Lion's Arch VIP pass
    • (New) Lion's Arch getting destroyed again (and getting something similar like the old one was)
    • No more instabilities in fractals and a different rework of the fractal system
    • Remove the events that lock dungeon entrances (CoF and CoE)
    • Fix dungeon bugs, better gold reward, add exclusive (very rare loot) dungeon rewards, make the mobs/bosses stronger (more health, dmg, etc)
    • Use the new instances of the living story episodes and turn them into dungeons. So on every new epidose we would get a new dungeon entrance on the new maps. For example use the Kralkatorrik fight instance as a dungeon and make explorable path 1, p2, etc.
    • More WvW updates /content
  • Massive reduction of visual noise. Like MASSIVE. That is all. Until then I just can not play this game, just downloading new patches and uninstalling until next one, as usual.

• Zoid.2568Zoid.2568 Member ✭✭

More story and more zones I assume. There will eventually be an expansion, I am sure. Though how it will be released, no idea. Maybe they will split new expansions into different parts like the story is released now but each part is bigger and have more impact. For example an expansion is made into 5 parts and released with 2-3 months between each part.

• https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dragon_Festival or https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Canthan_New_Year new mini mission for dragon bash like in gw1 maybe? new fun an adventures during super adventure box? one could name many things or experiences to work on for achievents! this was a great queston to ask :)

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭

Without an expansion incoming, they have resources for other things I guess.

Expectations

• continue of the balancing process, which will result in a lot of tears, curses and insults against the developers. The changes are inevitable.
    • feature/QOL updates. The UI needs a rework, some of the options do not really fit into the current game and we could use some more customizations for the client and UI anyway. We also do not have a "favorites" tab on the crafting-disciplines yet.
    • WvWvW rework, as it was announced a few times

Wishes

• SAB world 3
    • Fishing minigame
    • extended mail storage

Miracles

• spectators-mode for: fractals, raids, dungeons and certain story-missions. Party can decide if they want to allow spectators or not at the beginning and if they want their chat to be visible for the spectators. Spectators and players cannot whisper eachother.
    • mission-report for: fractals, raids, dungeons and certain story-missions. After completing, every party-member & spectator gets a full report about all the facts and figures of the mission. In addition, the entire run is recorded. A player can replay the record in his homeinstance and review the stats in real-time or as a summary - BUT ONLY AFTER THE MISSION (sorry for the caps). Maximum records saved per player: 5. Option for slow-motion in replay mode.
    • black & white mode
    • a real frame-limiter that allows us to set a frame-rate of our choice (even if it looks horrible)

Knowlege is power, but without fame you are just a maniac. Keep scrolling, this is not the information you are looking for.
  • Abraxxus.8971Abraxxus.8971 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019

Expectations
    4-5 LW episodes.
    more pvp balances that will make players wonder what the pvp devs are doing.
    1 new raid
    1 or 2 new fractals
    new shinies in the gem store

Wishlist
    Daily side quests - different npcs in the various cities offer small story quest lines (3-4 small instanced chapters ) daily to complete for rewards.
    dungeons reworked so they can be done solo with lesser rewards
    build/armor templates
    Shatterer mini
    Clockwork mount skins
    Personal housing
    More emotes

Most wanted wishlist that everyone else will find annoying
    Ceara to make her return as an ally to Dragons Watch sans dragon corruption
    Clockwork pvp map with Scarlet Briar as the announcer
    Scarlet Briar finisher

• Rhyse.8179Rhyse.8179 Member ✭✭✭

Expectations:
    More gem store items.
    Some LS stuff that's hit or miss.
    One balance patch in the entire year, that manages to completely ignore all the existing problems while creating new ones.
    A lot of unjustified hype and ra-ra-ra stuff backed up by mediocre content.
    At least one exploitative monetization scheme (probably involving a gambling mechanic like loot boxes or mount licenses) that we have to smack down. Again.

Wish List:
    A true balance patch. Several of them. As many as need to get the job done.
    A UI overhaul including full customization of windows and filters of graphics effects.

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭

Just a few things.

• A return to Northern Ascalon / Charr homelands
    • How to Dance vol. II
    • A new set of cultural armour
    • New gait / emote choices.

I'd have mentioned something related to WvW but I've come to the conclusion that it's unsalvageable at this point, and I'd be better off waiting for a different game to do that.

• googel.3278googel.3278 Member ✭✭✭

Better mods and more gemstore skins, i like to see more pixels n auras

• SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

More gemstore updates- THAT'S LITERALLY IT. That's all they care about. new backwings- mount skins. new playable content? sure- but it will be sub par and short lived like everything after HoT.
    LS1 was the best the game has produced nothing will ever compare. casuals would've had a nightmare because it was a bit challenging. truth hurts.

What I hope for that will not happen since gemstore is the only focus on the game now.
    Wish LIST
    * a new map with longevity- active events that are rewarding and fun- not just a meta every hour with kitten RNG drops.
    * New hair and faces- Never going to happen again unless we get an expansion, truth be told.
    * new cultural armors and weapons. T4
    * underwater exploration

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

Not much 😶

We will get 4 LW episodes with 4 new maps, some class balance changes, 1-2 raids and 2-3 fractals.

I expect the story to continue to suck. Maps are not likely to be good. Class balance changes will continue making changes to meta builds and ignoriny anything not meta.

This will probably be the lowest year for the game.

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭

For me the main two things are:
    1. Stop putting visual effects causing motion sickness, or give us an option to cancel them.
    2. Please re-add true jumping puzzles, as in such that requires toon jumping. For now, the new ones rely on using mounts only. It's fun too, but for me, that's no more a JP. That's a mount exercise.

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• *More events regarding lore for the Lost city of Orr and the sceptar of orr.
    *Abbadons return or perhaps more godly returns
    *Lore and events describing the Isle of Janthir
    *Reasons to visit Fire Islansd Chain
    *Unveiling of Cantha, now that elder dragons are dealt with (cathans return home)
    *Story of the Tengu and their reason to guard entrances to the Crystal Desert
    *Finally making a Hall of Heroes or Heros Ascent as once described in an early dev blog in 2012.
    *Bringing back the Underworld and other godly realms.

I have much more expectations...

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭

Um,
    1: Tricycle toy with tassels to fly kites on in wvw, cause what asuran doesn't wanna go big wheeling in the borderlands.
    2: We're only days into 2019 I'm still backlogged reread #1.
    If we're talking about things out of our control, I want my buddys back.
    Keeping the fires lit in this damp guildhall while I grow into an old asura "who can't have little grey goatee #Anet " is rather boring, but I've broken into the inner vault, though I don't know what the rock and crystal thing was supposed to be, it wasn't a cookie as I licked it after I couldn't find any stash of cookies in there.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

@Astrolicus.3716 said:
    I'll be honest; Jormag as villain for LS5. I'm just too obsessed with ice theme stuff and he's my favorite dragon. : P

My wish: NO MORE DRAGON MAIN PLOT. Seriously, enough is enough. Let us finally resolve the current mess, then move on to something more inspiring.

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• Shard.4791Shard.4791 Member ✭✭✭

Wishes: Some sort of road map. Permanent SAB. 2 Raids or 1 Raid + easy mode. Adventure QoL for mount races and more. Winter Wonderland & MKCT QoL.
    Expectation: Mount skins. Open world maps. 1 Raid & 1 Fractal.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why are people predicting only 4 episodes in Season 5?

Season 2 had 8 episodes, Season 3 had 6 and Season 4 is going to have at least 6. I don't remember seeing anything about Season 5 being shorter than all the rest so I would expect it to have at least 6 episodes.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

Season 2 had 8 episodes, Season 3 had 6 and Season 4 is going to have at least 6. I don't remember seeing anything about Season 5 being shorter than all the rest so I would expect it to have at least 6 episodes.

Theyre predicting what comes for this year, not the total amount of the episodes in the season.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

i expect allot of disapointment, a little happy times and plenty of achievements.
    i wish for some really awesome (actual) quests, more interesting armors and loads of open world improvements.

• nanomidgy.9180nanomidgy.9180 Member ✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

My 2019 wishlist:

1. Option to disable camera auto zoom out and in for open world, raid and fracs

2. Build template/loadouts.

3. No downstate.

4. Melee attack range visuals on asura character line up with its actual hitbox.

• Xenon.4537Xenon.4537 Member ✭✭✭

I wish for basically what WP speculated.

• LWS5 takes us to Blood Legion Homelands to search for Kralk's original resting place (to find out a secret about him).
    • We find out about Kuunavang and/or some special reason to go to Cantha.
    • Segue toward Cantha for expansion #3 which will launch sometime in 2020.

I also wish they would release the following in the gem store:

• SAB mount pack. I'm talking the full 8-bit and everything.
    • The long-lost school uniform outfit.
    • The fan favorite paper bag helm skins.
    • A swimsuit outfit for the summer.
    • A skeleton COMBAT tonic for Halloween.
  • DoNotBelieveMe.3029DoNotBelieveMe.3029 Member ✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

THE YEAR WHEN GW2 FINALLY REMOVES THAT SPIDER TONIC WHICH ENLARGES ALL THE CANCEROUS VISUAL EFFECTS.

• Power Berserker buffs ._.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

U sure they predicting what season 5 will have and not what 2019 will have? Hell if i wanted to set your expectations to realistic id say 3 episodes even.

• I agree with others would like a setting for particle effects and spell density. Its getting to seizure inducing levels when a fight begins and you have all the spells, infusions, boss effects all comboobulated in a giant mess. Cant see anything and its a visual garbage pile. I am hoping for a slider or setting to turn off or down the effects.

• @Donutdude.9582 said:

• A return to the Blood Legion Homelands

False Death FTW! Gotta love giant insects that don't die when you kill them!

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• A complete trait rework would be incredible.

• Donutdude.9582Donutdude.9582 Member ✭✭✭

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:
    False Death FTW! Gotta love giant insects that don't die when you kill them!

Those kitten mantids!

My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BlueJin.4127 said:
    2) Reduce PoF aggro range to 600 like the rest of the game.

This this, x1000 times this. Y'know, some times one has to check the map before continuing. Not all of us have 'git gud' enough to recall from memory every inch of PoF, but kitten if you can find a safe space to stop on your mount and press 'm' :(

• 2 raid wings, 3 fractals, 5 ls episodes, 5 legendary weps, 2 legendary rings, 1 legendary amulet, 1 legendary trinket, 1 new mount, 5 pvp seasons, 2 world bosses, and the deepsea dragons name.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.