Cannot Get my Griffon [Resolved]

Portia.2975

I am beyond frustrated that you would make the final quest a group quest.    Like finding a group is easy.    I have tried posting in LFG for a group ---no replies EVER.   I have tried asking on the "map"  for a group many times over.   NO replies EVER.    I am playing on Maguuma.   What would you suggest I do.   Keep trying for how many weeks.?    I  would like to say THANK YOU to the developers for making this such fun.   Group oR Go home.    WELL I WOULD GROUP IF I COULD FIND ONE!!!!!!!   I will give this 2 more weeks.    NO CAN FIND GROUP = NO CAN PLAY GAME.   

I'm really sorry you've hit a stopping point. I can barely imagine how frustrating that would be if it happened to me.

@"Portia.2975" said:I am beyond frustrated that you would make the final quest a group quest. Like finding a group is easy. I have tried posting in LFG for a group ---no replies EVER. I have tried asking on the "map" for a group many times over. NO replies EVER. I am playing on Maguuma. What would you suggest I do. Keep trying for how many weeks.? I would like to say THANK YOU to the developers for making this such fun. Group oR Go home. WELL I WOULD GROUP IF I COULD FIND ONE!!!!!!! I will give this 2 more weeks. NO CAN FIND GROUP = NO CAN PLAY GAME.

LFG is great for map stuff; for story, especially older stories, it is pretty slow.

You have other options, as follows:

• Post in the Players Helping Players asking for a partner. Lots of people are looking for people to help; that is one of the places they look.
  • Post in the same folder asking for advice on how to manage it alone. As @derd.6413 says, a group isn't essential for that part of the story.
  • Put out a request in /map instead of LFG. Often (although not 100%), there are people around who don't mind taking a few minutes to assist a comrade at arms.

@Portia.2975 said:Thank you Derd for your reply. I will try killing the Elites solo. Did not work the first time but hey maybe I'll get lucky.

It wasn't that bad when i did it solo with my ranger (which means i wasn't actually solo since i had my pet with me). I was sniping those elites from max range with my longbow though. Didn't even try to fight melee.

One hint is that you don't have to kill every elite, just enough to get your keys. And they respawn. So with some patience you can kill the one or two easiest ones repeatedly. For me the easiest one was the shade down on the main level outer edge. Once you have enough keys, sneak to the various chests.

Also it helps to have just one other person along, so hopefully you can find someone. I'm not sure how much free time I have this weekend but if you're NA then add me as a friend and ping me when you see me in game to see if I can come help you beat things up.

It's been a while since I did it but as I remember it the main thing was to take your time clearing enemies and look out for the patrolling groups to make sure you're not going to have to fight larger groups than necessary.

Also the elites will respawn and will drop a key each time you kill them, so if there's any you find easier you can kill them repeatedly to get keys instead of killing all of them. (I found the imps easiest, but it might depend on your build and what you're good at.)

Edit: Also the elites have the same bonus effects as bounty bosses in PoF, so it's a good idea to check what effects it has before you start attacking and react appropriately.

@Devildoc.6721 said:Is it even flagged as a group quest? I don't remember it as being such.. it's supposed to be challenging but it is designed for solo

I dont think it is flagged as either. It sorta sits between solo and group content as the elites are a little trickier than normal elites and a couple are clearly meant for groups only. Ultimately as you say, it is must a challenging area for the average player

Archived