Concerning this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69910/upcoming-balance-notes
Let's make it short & sweet.
- Lots of buffs, that's great. I'm no Ele main, so I can't comment too heavily here, other than saying I feel these buffs could have been better placed.
- "The gyro class of skills has been reworked and changed to wells. Gyros are now no longer targetable and instead hover over the engineer to grant their effects." - Woah
- "Medic Gyro: This skill has been reworked. The gyro now creates a water field that follows the engineer while it pulses heals to the player and nearby allies every second." - WOAH
- "Bulwark Gyro: This skill has been reworked. The gyro now creates a lightning field that follows the engineer while it grants them barrier every second and redirects some damage from nearby allies to the engineer." - lol woah. inc FB/Scourge/Scrapper teams, ok let's do this but will it be healthy?
- "Purge Gyro: This skill has been reworked. The gyro now creates a light field that follows the engineer while it removes conditions from the player and nearby allies every second." - Whaaaat so a Scrapper is the first multi-class now? this kind of sounds almost as strong as a FB support that has a lot more damage than an actual FB.
- "Shredder Gyro: This skill has been reworked. The gyro now follows the engineer and performs a whirl finisher that inflicts damage on nearby enemies every second." - Ok come on.. I mean was this not considered? (Purge Gyro auto condi cleanses) + (Combo Field: Light from Purge Gryo - Cleansing Bolts - Conditions Removed: 1) * (Shredder Gryo perma Whirl Finisher every 1s) + (Gyros can no longer be targeted)? Welp, I guess Mirage has a hard-counter now. Let's throw a party over it, tell me the place & time boys.
- "Sneak Gyro: This skill has been reworked. The gyro now creates a smoke field that follows the engineer while it grants stealth to the player and nearby allies every second." - Ok no, now this actually crosses the line. So you're telling me that it pulses stealth to the user and allies every second, IN ADDITION to having a smoke field that follows the Engineer? Anet, we gotta have a serious talk here... Are you guys not aware of the type of stealth uptime that this is going to create for EVERYONE ON THE TEAM? This is way way way too much. This is ridiculously powerful boys. This needs to be omitted from the upcoming balance changes ASAP, and that is no joke. If you do not, the game is going to turn into stealth wars, which will not only be counter-intuitive to conquest node holding, but it will very quickly become the most powerful & exploitable throw tactic that we've seen to date. You're going to have Scrappers who are able to throw team fights without even losing the fight, simply by pulsing the stealth gyro in the middle of the node, forcing his team to get decapped, and now the opposing team cannot even target the stealth gyro? This is a critical and gross error waiting to happen. For the sake of your game mode & my own enjoyment of your game, I sincerely plead to you, to omit the smoke field from this feature, and in all seriousness, consider doubling the health of gyros, rather than making them indestructible.
- "Crystal Configuration: Zephyr: This trait now causes Holo Leap to inflict cripple for 1 second in addition to its previous effects." - That is insulting to the player base who have told you everything that needed to happen in contrast to this buff.
- "Righteous Instincts: This trait's critical-chance bonus has been reduced from 50% to 25%." - This was an unnecessary and ill-placed nerf. Not only will this completely destroy the viability of Core Guardian competitively, but it will also greatly harm Power DH in PvE. Now Guardian players will be forced to main FB and FB only competitively in any mode, there will be no viable DPS build for Guardians in end-game content because other classes will deal more DPS while having twice the sustain when the DH has to full serk to even attempt to make up for the -25% crit rate, and Druid will remain the choice support in end-game. This single nerf will eliminate DPS Guardian builds from competitive play. It will almost completely remove DPS Guardians from PvE, and FB won't be used over Druid in PvE. This will effectively put Guardian at the bottom of the totem pole, right next to Renegade.
- I agree with all of the changes to Mirage, but it was this that we needed the most "Illusionary Ambush: Increased the recharge time of this skill from 20 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW only." - Thank you.
- Love the changes to spirits, there is a lot more to dabble with.
- The changes to Boonbeast sustain seem to be adequate, along with the changes to muddy terrain. Despite what most non-ranger players are going to say about "this not being enough of a nerf" these nerfs will significantly effect the performance of Boonbeast. We'll see how it pans out, end of season here.
- Seems to be good changes to me. I'm no Rev player however, can't really comment too much here.
- "Silent Scope: The duration of stealth that this trait grants has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW." - That's exactly what we needed, thank you.
- Not a whole lot happened here, but this "Battle Standard: Resynced the time at which a banner appears to properly line up with the effect. When planted in the ground, this banner skill now deals damage to foes within a radius of 180. Foes who are in a downed state are now finished when damaged by Battle Standard." that's pretty awesome and well deserved.