Legendary Fractal Armor - Page 7 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Legendary Fractal Armor

123457>

Comments

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Andovar Edoras.2143 said:
    One of the main blunders of legendary armor was it being locked behind raids, which is already Very polarizing content on its own, with only a minority participating in it.
    Adding a fractal legendary armor set would be amazing, as fractals are much more popular overall, and im sure people can handle it being timegated. A combination of Fractals and PoF collections, id recommend. (legendary raid armor already involves HoT collections)

    While i do not think that introducing a fractal legendary armor is a bad idea on its own, it's not the time for that yet. Obtaining Fractal armor would, in many ways, be way too similar to the raid set, and would mostly be acquirable by the very same people. If you really don;t want to repeat the very same blunder envoy armor was, the second PvE legendary armor set should have a path similar to the 1.0 and 2.0 legendary weapons collections - so, mainly Open World one. Although it might be this time more PoF related. Or IBS related, if devs wanted to keep it more current.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Enokitake.1742 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:

    @Tails.9372 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    It was just stupid to read the discussion whether there are three or two game modes. Doesn't make sense at all and went way too hard off-topic.

    It's actually not off-topic as this (while just a bunch of nonsensical semantics) seems to be the main argument against having more legendary armor sets.

    It IS off-topic if you argue against each other over 20 posts in a thread where people want to talk about legendary fractal armor. People always find the most stupid explanations helping to support their views.
    And in this specific case it certainly doesn't matter if we talk about "every game mode has its own leggy armor" or "but the PvP area (or whatever people call sPvP & WVW together) has 2 armors". It's just utterly bs, nothing more.

    Add to this that trying to hold game mode rewards that should've been in place for years hostage because people won't run the game mode you want them to get legendary armor reeks of pettiness. Players should always have more options. It doesn't matter if its 2 or 3 modes if you can make it 5 modes at relatively the same difficulty/cost/time sink per each mode.

    While I stand neutral to whether we need another legendary armour set.

    More options are not always better. Both for the player and de designer.

    1) one is called the paradox of choice. The more choice someone have, the less likely someone is to be happy with the product they buy.
    (this is more relevant for the increase in mmo's in general but an interesting fact nonetheless).

    2) if the goal of a thing is to give motivation to try different things, stepping out of their comfort zone. Then giving more choice works against the goal. And the general enjoyment of the playerbase.

  • Moradorin.6217Moradorin.6217 Member ✭✭✭

    I want to see the Pvp Mistforged skins redone/fixed to be more consistent with other like wvw, raid legendary armor before we consider adding a 4th set. Seriously, but nice idea I guess.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @yann.1946 said:
    2) if the goal of a thing is to give motivation to try different things, stepping out of their comfort zone. Then giving more choice works against the goal. And the general enjoyment of the playerbase.

    Forcing people out of their comfort zone usually results in less comfort (and enjoyment), not more.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @yann.1946 said:
    2) if the goal of a thing is to give motivation to try different things, stepping out of their comfort zone. Then giving more choice works against the goal. And the general enjoyment of the playerbase.

    Forcing people out of their comfort zone usually results in less comfort (and enjoyment), not more.

    That absolutely depends on the situation. Their are quite few cases where people stepped outside their comfort zone and realised they enjoyed something they didn't think they would. Long term stepping outside your comfort zone increases comfort on average.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @yann.1946 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @yann.1946 said:
    2) if the goal of a thing is to give motivation to try different things, stepping out of their comfort zone. Then giving more choice works against the goal. And the general enjoyment of the playerbase.

    Forcing people out of their comfort zone usually results in less comfort (and enjoyment), not more.

    That absolutely depends on the situation. Their are quite few cases where people stepped outside their comfort zone and realised they enjoyed something they didn't think they would. Long term stepping outside your comfort zone increases comfort on average.

    There's a reason why usually one of the first reactions of people forced out of their comfort zones is to find a new confort zone for themselves. That reason is not because they felt the change brought them more comfort. Quite the opposite.

    Yes, there are edge cases, but they are by no means common.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @yann.1946 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @yann.1946 said:
    2) if the goal of a thing is to give motivation to try different things, stepping out of their comfort zone. Then giving more choice works against the goal. And the general enjoyment of the playerbase.

    Forcing people out of their comfort zone usually results in less comfort (and enjoyment), not more.

    That absolutely depends on the situation. Their are quite few cases where people stepped outside their comfort zone and realised they enjoyed something they didn't think they would. Long term stepping outside your comfort zone increases comfort on average.

    There's a reason why usually one of the first reactions of people forced out of their comfort zones is to find a new confort zone for themselves. That reason is not because they felt the change brought them more comfort. Quite the opposite.

    Yes, there are edge cases, but they are by no means common.

    Exactly, the first reaction can be negative. But longterm on average (I'm not saying in all cases) the result is positive.

    How many things have you done that you enjoyed because friends pushed you, and would have never done without them.

    If people are not pushed out of their comfort zones we will just get stagnation.

    It also depends on how much in one go etc. But where getting quite of topic here already.