Petition to release classic gw2

deliberate.1932

@Emapudapus.1307 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:You mean back in the days when PvP had virtually no rewards at all?

wht you on, pvp always had rewards.

That's what the word virtually means. People complained incessantly back then about the lack of PvP rewards. There were no reward tracks at launch. No champ bags. PvP was singularly unrewarding compared to the rest of the game. There were no tournament purses. In game rewards for PvP were practically non-existent. I remember many many complaint threads about it.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:You mean back in the days when PvP had virtually no rewards at all?

wht you on, pvp always had rewards.

That's what the word virtually means. People complained incessantly back then about the lack of PvP rewards. There were no reward tracks at launch. No champ bags. PvP was singularly unrewarding compared to the rest of the game. There were no tournament purses. In game rewards for PvP were practically non-existent. I remember many many complaint threads about it.

Yet i was hooked and played pvp back in those days non stop. These days? Lots of rewards yes. Yet i can't remember when i even logged in into the game. Hell yes i say bring back vanilla gw2. Atleast it was balanced compared to the clownfiesta of balance we have now.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"chilled.6794" said:Lets get as many people on this as possible

There is no "classic GW2", unless
  • you are referring to PvP with only core professions,
  • you are asking for GW1's PvP to be introduced in GW2 ( :+1: ),
  • you are referring to a GW2 that is basically GW1, only with GW2's improved engine ( :+1: :+1: ).

It is not clear what GW2 classic would be since game was changing with each patch, but it basically means game before HoT. We could have old talents system or new one it is unclear, but most likely we would get last patch before HoT was released. But in no way he means any of what you listed.

@McPero.3287 said:

• you are referring to a GW2 that is basically GW1, only with GW2's improved engine ( :+1: :+1: ).

[...] But in no way he means any of what you listed.

Since pre-Hot does mean core professions only, my first point isn't far-fetched. This is the PvP subforum after all.

Ah back in the days of craftable pvp equipment and 100% boosted quickness(it's 50% atm), capped conditions, and thieves 2shotting with mainhand dagger autoattacks.WhO wOuLdn'T MiSs tHat.

Guess 7 years is a long time and you forgot what the game was like back then. Would be a fun april 1st joke though.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

[...] But in no way he means any of what you listed.

Since pre-Hot
does
mean core professions only, my first point isn't far-fetched. This is the PvP subforum after all.

Core PvP now is different to the one preHoT, but yes similar I guess.