ArenaNet, Can you please undo the WvW Patch? That was more fun before - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

ArenaNet, Can you please undo the WvW Patch? That was more fun before

2>

Comments

• BeepBoopBop.5403BeepBoopBop.5403 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2020

@Bish.8627 said:
    Anet, I used to gank people with my unbeatable thief, mirage and ele builds in under a second, now it takes me 3 seconds and they might actually expose my lack of skill on a zerg build, I hate this game.

Impressive that you can expose someone else's lack of skill by letting yourself die in a slightly longer amount of time I guess...

There are these things called build templates and equipment templates that you can use while running to the tag to temporarily play a solo oriented build. But learning to play a different way might be too hard...

• @subversiontwo.7501 said:
    Ed. I just realized that this was an old thread that had been necroed and I had already responded to it, haha. Oh well, I'll let this sit here anway :3 .

You are very welcome in this old thread Supervision, and that was very nice to read your interesting comments; Thank you.

I'll give Kronan one thing though: They are surely taking their time with iterating upon condition balance. I would have assumed it to be polished by now.

Sadly, they do nothing on this point since February. In the European, small or large group only use condition for DPS. Necro, necro, necro, everywhere.

You're right that the february patch mucked up the GH arena but I think you are confusing the years

Well yes and no. the Guild Areana do not follow the WvW physic from a while indeed. But it is even worst from the "Unbalanced Patch of Feburary, 2020". You simply cannot test anything related to direct damage now.

Hasn't this remark had so many holes poked in it already that it is looking like a sieve by now? There are still power builds out there who can take 50-75% of a typical HP

Changing specs to improve the balance of the game is a good thing. All competitive online games do this. But the February patch completely erases gameplays that a lot of gamers enjoyed. Nobody in the gaming industry does that. All other games are just trying to be fair. The balances are done by small variations. No one in this industry changes weapon damage from 4000 to 20.

Imagine a game designer arriving in the morning with the following idea: "Hey, today we are going to try to frustrate as many players as possible". Who could accept such a stupid idea?

Imagine a game designer arriving in the morning with the following idea: "Hey, the most powerful attack of heavy weapons, like the hammer will now do infinitely less damage than the smaller attack of any light weapon." Who could accept such a stupid idea?

No one except Areanet.

It's not just stupid, it's also a huge disrespect for the community. The real community, including all players, experienced AND beginners.

This difference between friendly and hostile territories that you mention also always came with balance issues, same as any change that may throw engagement balance

Yes I think you are right about the hometurf advantages.

Thanks again Subversion :)

• Wait a minute guys, I remember that they was a ton of players comments on the release note of "February 25, 2020".

(see https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98220/game-update-notes-february-25-2020#latest)

I remember dozens of pages of comments. Where they are ??????????

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

nice patch. Very strange what someone unhappy, but make happy everyone not possible I think.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• @lare.5129 said:
    nice patch. Very strange what someone unhappy, but make happy everyone not possible I think.

Hi Lare I hope you are well :) The day of the patch mostly 95% of my guild was sad. Same feeling for the complete server. So I think is it wrong to say "someone unhappy" when mostly all the players agree that the patch was a terrible idea.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kronan.6712 said:
    The day of the patch mostly 95% of my guild was sad.

but what about other 5%? or 1%? we shoudl make tham happy sometimes too

when mostly all the players agree that the patch was a terrible idea.

but may be it ok? we should eat few kg salt to make spoon of sugar from future more sweet.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020

@lare.5129 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:
    The day of the patch mostly 95% of my guild was sad.

but what about other 5%? or 1%? we shoudl make tham happy sometimes too

when mostly all the players agree that the patch was a terrible idea.

but may be it ok? we should eat few kg salt to make spoon of sugar from future more sweet.

Although ur English isnt great, google translate I'm sure, I will say u are one of the most positive posters on any forum I've ever seen lol I have never seen a negative post attached to ur name, no matter the complaint subject of the thread u are responding with some version of "it's ok, everything's fine" lol
    It's like no matter how bad this game gets ur just happy to be able to play it.