“Bound by Blood” is coming on September 17! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

“Bound by Blood” is coming on September 17!

We’re a week away from The Icebrood Saga’s prologue episode, and we’ll share a few short teasers with you in this thread during the coming week. Enjoy!

Stéphane Lo Presti
Content Marketing Manager

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

Methinks the trailer wont necessarily be about the Prologue. Hence a trailer on Prologue release isn't That problematic ? Atleast I think that's the plan

• Maybe it comes on Monday? Sure hope so, otherwise seems kind of ...well, silly.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

lol but why would I when I could just play it?

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Maybe it comes on Monday? Sure hope so, otherwise seems kind of ...well, silly.

Says it comes with the update though otherwise yes Monday would have made sense

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2019

Time to invest in some dies, spikey armor skins, and a hair changer. Were gonna party, boys.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@cptaylor.2670 said:
    lol but why would I when I could just play it?

To see the new stuff condensed into one short and sweet video.

Bite me.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Menadena.7482 said:
    "Why are you watching the teaser when you could have been playing this already?"

Gotta have something to dream of while we're at work! ;_;

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

@Thundabolt.8541 said:
    My rockstar ranger charr has waited for this moment his entire life. Don't mind me if I just self-insert him into the band, tyvm.

Yeah I just made the Rock Star title to be ready for that day :)

• Wanze.8410Wanze.8410 Member ✭✭✭

@Menadena.7482 said:
    "Why are you watching the teaser when you could have been playing this already?"

you will probably be able to watch the whole teaser while your game downloads the patch, so you wont be wasting 30 seconds of your playing time

• @Randulf.7614 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Maybe it comes on Monday? Sure hope so, otherwise seems kind of ...well, silly.

Says it comes with the update though otherwise yes Monday would have made sense

So it does. How odd!
    I guess the marketing is not for current players.
    It is what it is.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Menadena.7482 said:

why play this when u just can watch the teaser?

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is this because the trailer isnt ready yet or smth? Seem kinda weird for ppl to watch a trailer instead of log in to play the content.

Unless it drops like half an hour before the update or smth.

Tho we all know this is anet trying to sabotage the 1hour analysis video from wp.

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:
    Is this because the trailer isnt ready yet or smth? Seem kinda weird for ppl to watch a trailer instead of log in to play the content.

Tho we all know this is anet trying to sabotage the 1hour analysis video from wp.

That's what I though. Cinematics team is going mad right now working all around the clock, coz they realised they don't have any trailer ready "GUYS WE NEED IT NOW!!11oeoneoneone"

[NUKE]

• Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:

Or because there is not realy much content to show, so they want to delay the dissapointment for as long as possible :pensive:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

• Krypto.2069Krypto.2069 Member ✭✭✭

@Treize.3578 said:
    The trailer will went live on release day to avoid generating hype. The playerbase can't handle Hype anymore

I think you have touched on it, Treize. Anet doesn't want to over-hype this Saga again, so they're being more cautious. And it's probably the right decision. :+1:

I will say this - METAL Legion sounds interesting to me! I'm curious to see what they're about. :smiley:

Moonlight [THRU]

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:

It's just going to be a trailer like for every other episode release too. We didn't get it a week early because we pretty much saw everything already I'd guess.

Bite me.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Another teasers of charr bashing on their jugs.

And it won't be called a trailer if it's released with the episode....

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

@Blocki.4931 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

It's just going to be a trailer like for every other episode release too. We didn't get it a week early because we pretty much saw everything already I'd guess.

Then why get it at all?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Treize.3578 said:
    The trailer will went live on release day to avoid generating hype. The playerbase can't handle Hype anymore

Sadly, this could be the true reason. I wouldn't blame ANet after some of the harsh reactions the other week. What a bummer for the rest of us.

• Lol all the negativity MEH really can't wait for it

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MetalGirl.2370 said:
    Don't know why you people are so excited... it's literally a Prologue, so not even a full story episode. and you all should've learnt by now not to expect much.

there has been never in GW2 history a trailer released at the same time as the episode.

Not expecting much isn't expecting nothing. And 100% of playerbase expected a trailer being continually released a week or more before an episode. That's how things were since 2012 and now this tradition has been abandoned for some reason

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Treize.3578 said:

Sadly, this could be the true reason. I wouldn't blame ANet after some of the harsh reactions the other week. What a bummer for the rest of us.

Yeah ppl complained for years that the trailers they had were too much for the lw updates

/s if its actually that then im not gonna be surprised, its classic anet.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Treize.3578 said:

They wouldn't be teasing it all week if they wanted to avoid it. They've already shown one trailer. Holding another one back probably just means it's intended for everyone else rather than everyone already here, or it contains something they're not ready to reveal. Maybe they'll replace PoF with that IS box from the magazine and throw in a season pass.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:
    Don't know why you people are so excited... it's literally a Prologue, so not even a full story episode. and you all should've learnt by now not to expect much.

That doesn't mean it's not a full episode, though I doubt there will be "full" episodes anymore (compared to season 4) as they should be shifting to a quicker episode and chapter format (something closer to season 1 and 2). It's been a year since team 1's last release, so if the prologue does end up being small, episode 1 would probably be out within a month (S4E7 would have been released about 2 months ago).

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Healix.5819 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

They wouldn't be teasing it all week if they wanted to avoid it.

Well, I would normally agree, but releasing a fully fletched trailer on the day of release does not make sense to me, so I thought, "You know, this could very well be the case." Hmm.

or it contains something they're not ready to reveal. Maybe they'll replace PoF with that IS box from the magazine and throw in a season pass.

You think it could be for commercial reasons? I see. So not a story trailer per se. Well, that would make sense.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vavume.8065 said:
    Lets be real, they forgot to make a trailer...

Good chance of that. What is the point of a trailer released the same day?

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• What's the name of the actual first episode? Could the trailer actually be for that?

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019

@Randulf.7614 said:
    The trailer hits the same day as release? Am i reading that right? Because that makes no sense to me

That is correct, since it says the FULL "Bound by Blood" trailer will be shown on release day...the key word in that statement is FULL, which means we've already seen a partial or truncated version of the trailer, probably rest is filler or just more detailed information(such as that in the "magazine").

@videoboy.4162 said:
    What's the name of the actual first episode? Could the trailer actually be for that?

See above response, no the trailer is not for episode 1, it's for Bound by Blood, the prologue.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• We need a proper MV for the band, in the style of what LoL does for theirs... ijs

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I seriously hope there will be a Metal Legion shirt outfit in this patch xD

• Oh dear .. They don't want to generate hype so they release full (?) huh? trailer the same day? What's the point of renting the whole kitten theater then? LOL Yeah .. okay .. I will have minimum expectation then. They don't look confident at all releasing this SAGA .. uhuh yep mhm move along .. move along ..

• Tanith.5264Tanith.5264 Member ✭✭✭

Well, I'm old enough to remember the days of "hair bands", but this is taking it to a whole new level. ;)

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not really a trailer, ANet just wants to be the first to combine footage of Metal Legion with some actual metal/metal style music in a video. Their bosses won't allow them to put the video up until the day of, just in case it includes any spoilers.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    The trailer hits the same day as release? Am i reading that right? Because that makes no sense to me

Same logic as Day 1 release trailers for normal video games. I'm not sure why they do those either.

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭

So...will this be a one-time-only event like most of the things in Season One? Or will the map, story, and events still be available in the future, just like any other Living World episode?

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• @Batel.9206 said:
    So...will this be a one-time-only event like most of the things in Season One? Or will the map, story, and events still be available in the future, just like any other Living World episode?

It is permanent content.

Golemancer Tixx - Far Shiverpeaks (EU). Achievement Hunter (+36k) ~750 on the AP Leaderboards.

• We got the hype for the prologue.

I think the trailer is for Bound by Blood coming AFTER the 17 Sept release.

"That's what" -- She

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Game of Bones.8975 said:
    We got the hype for the prologue.

I think the trailer is for Bound by Blood coming AFTER the 17 Sept release.

Bound for Blood is the prologue. That's the trailer coming on the 17th too

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

@Batel.9206 said:

It is permanent content.

Whew, good to know. Thank you! :)

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• Less than a week away!

Look, I know things have been depressing lately. But whatever the fate of this MMO I love so much, I am happy Sesason 5 seems to be tying up loose ends. I'm looking forward to it.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

I sense that we are going to find out Jormag is the real santa claws. He is giving us all an icy death for the holidays and coal for the pact commander.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.