Please remove blind from Mortar Kit

Ovark.2514

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chaith.8256 said:

Reducing the Blind duration would already be a better start if the cooldown is to remain this low.

If not, increase the cooldown.

As for damage, it makes no sense as to why it dodged the blanket nerf, it clearly shows that it was good in the past and people prefered other things rather than just having to use the only thing that's still mentally doing the damage they were used to before.

A lot of things, even the most minor damage skills got nerfed even if they were as little as 2 digits, again no reason this to have ever happened.

What I know is, anytime an engineer is losing, this Flash Shell is the only thing that stops me from giving the final blows and allowing them to survive everytime.

It does make sense as to why it avoided the blanket damage, which ended up being a hindsight error, as we can see now.

I doubt you noticed but all kits were not damage nerfed as a conscious design decision.

Now is the first time Mortar has been ever used for pumping damage. It's unpredecented. Previously, Mortar was used just for the fields, and for damage you had un-nerfed Photon Forge and ample Stability instead, so Mortar damage was irrelevant - it was way better to lock yourself out of kits.

If Mortar damage gets corrected, they will not nerf the fields cooldowns/durations as these have always remained reasonable, ArenaNet won't change that no matter how much it rustles your jimmies.

I really could careless about the damage though, after the nerf that thing will still hit for 3k+ on full zerk which is still considerably strong with Quickness but even at 4k I don't find it game breaking compared how effective and forgiving flash shell is.

Mortar Kit #4 has 20s cd... Not even close to overtuned, even on Holo hands (most dps builds can put prot holo to run away... CC can easily put prot Holo to out of point, making him loose the point until get help... Condi/Corrupting builds also can trap prot Holo, making them flee or die).Nerf this kit overkills the already dead Core Engi.

@JETWING.2759 said:Mortar Kit #4 has 20s cd... Not even close to overtuned, even on Holo hands (most dps builds can put prot holo to run away... CC can easily put prot Holo to out of point, making him loose the point until get help... Condi/Corrupting builds also can trap prot Holo, making them flee or die).Nerf this kit overkills the already dead Core Engi.

Did you know that 20s cd on a strong aoe blind is overtuned?

If Holosmith performs too well, core gets a punch in the face and a kick in the stomach. If it is still too powerful, they break a rib, an arm or shoot in one of our legs. Core is getting weaker with every of these actions and Scrapper sadly too. The impact on Holosmith is the smallest. I fear the day they finally start balancing Holosmith for real, the only thing that will be left of Core is the NPC in the training area.

As Engineer is not really relevant in PVE atm, except for Holosmith obviously. Some of the skill-changes that are inspired from competitive only, get applied to PVE. That way we lost a lot of good skills. If Motar Kit gets ruined for PVE, we are back on Supply Crate. SC contains turrets, which have not been reworked since launch.

@Shao.7236 said:@Chaith.8256

Reducing the Blind duration would already be a better start if the cooldown is to remain this low.

As for damage, it makes no sense as to why it dodged the blanket nerf, it clearly shows that it was good in the past and people prefered other things rather than just having to use the only thing that's still mentally doing the damage they were used to before.

A lot of things, even the most minor damage skills got nerfed even if they were as little as 2 digits, again no reason this to have ever happened.

What I know is, anytime an engineer is losing, this Flash Shell is the only thing that stops me from giving the final blows and allowing them to survive everytime.

If u can't kill a holosmith in melee, u shouldn't play pvp.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:If Holosmith performs too well, core gets a punch in the face and a kick in the stomach. If it is still too powerful, they break a rib, an arm or shoot in one of our legs. Core is getting weaker with every of these actions and Scrapper sadly too. The impact on Holosmith is the smallest.

Replace holosmith with mirage and scrapper with chronomancer, exact same situation.Engineer and Mesmer is same in a way that core always gets the short end of the stick.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:If Holosmith performs too well, core gets a punch in the face and a kick in the stomach. If it is still too powerful, they break a rib, an arm or shoot in one of our legs. Core is getting weaker with every of these actions and Scrapper sadly too. The impact on Holosmith is the smallest. I fear the day they finally start balancing Holosmith for real, the only thing that will be left of Core is the NPC in the training area.

As Engineer is not really relevant in PVE atm, except for Holosmith obviously. Some of the skill-changes that are inspired from competitive only, get applied to PVE. That way we lost a lot of good skills. If Motar Kit gets ruined for PVE, we are back on Supply Crate. SC contains turrets, which have not been reworked since launch.

Yep, I'm a main scrapper; we lost Elixir U, Elixir S, Elite Elixir, condi cleanse. Due to some senseless changes like removing F5 for add a shi*** Gyro, or bigs nerfs in damage in an already low damage class. Right now I have to run full berserker and damage stills low if you compare it to other classes, but I can win 'cause mortar kit; is the last strong skill that can I use in Scrapper.ALMOST ALL MY SCRAPPERS NERFS IN MY BUILD WAS THX TO HOLO NERFS.

I don't remember the order, but was something like this1° Build: Heal Turrer | Elixir U | Elixir S | Elixir Gun | Supplies Box Elite ---> They nerfed mines while dodging thx to holo2° Build : Heal Turrer | Elixir U | Elixir S | Elixir Gun | Supplies Box Elite --> They removed F5 and lost a lot of sustain. (No thx to holo, just a senseless change) due to change all damage traits for bunker boring sh*t like stab while dodging and changed might gaining while stab sinergy.3° Build Heal Turret | Elixir U | Elixir S | Elixir Gun | Elixir X -->They nerffed Elixir X, U and S thx to holo and lost a lot of damage.

4° Build Heal Turret |Purge Gyro | Bulwark Gyro | Elixir Gun | Mortar Kit -->Forced to use gyros even if I don't like use gyros. ---> They nerfed Hammer a lot (yeah, I know it was a global nerf, but hammer damage wasn't strong. Right now even with full berserker, its damage is low as f***; they changed skybeam and obviously is worst than before, at least in this build. If they nerf mortar kit, they gonna kill this build thx to holo again..

I feel like when they killed the holo/condi engi in PvE forcing us to play those boring/broken dh/fb classes.; but now they're killing Scrapper thx to Holo.

@ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

Did I say that? Where have you seen it? Where's my statement? I thought I said that holosmiths get self carried by the stupidest of oversights. I don't have to rely on overblown designs, why should they? Why should my entire profession gets blanket nerf but some get exceptions while they still struggle to do anything? Hmmmmmmm.

I have no real opinion on the matter, but I'd like to interject with a suggestion -

Reduce damage of all Mortar Kit skills by 20% but increase velocity by 20% and make all except the auto attack non-projectiles so they ignore Reflects. That way even if the damage is reduced at least you won't have to worry about shells being passively destroyed/reflected.

@"Shao.7236" said:

Did I say that? Where have you seen it? Where's my statement? I thought I said that holosmiths get self carried by the stupidest of oversights. I don't have to rely on overblown designs, why should they? Why should my entire profession gets blanket nerf but some get exceptions while they still struggle to do anything? Hmmmmmmm.

Sorry, wrong person, was for the guy who said "You can't kill a prot holo"; with my scrapper, revenant and core necro/reaper it's not hard.

@ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

The problem is

You can't kill a holo

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I have no real opinion on the matter, but I'd like to interject with a suggestion -

Reduce damage of all Mortar Kit skills by 20% but increase velocity by 20% and make all except the auto attack non-projectiles so they ignore Reflects. That way even if the damage is reduced at least you won't have to worry about shells being passively destroyed/reflected.

Let's just buff the overloaded kit instead of nerfing it, great idea