Recent PvP Match Manipulation

Gaile Gray.6029

@"Ziooo.8932" said:Ty! Might give pvp a try next season. But cant help but wonder: Why not perma dishonor? Have they lost their past rewards? Are they unable to queue AT's as well? What about alts?

You have to make sure these people are "well locked", they did enough harm to the game, gamemode and community to deserve that.

Because they're big names and Anet would literally stand to lose more by them no longer being content creators than letting them sit in a 3 month time out.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly after a good 4 maybe 5 seasons of match manipulation and win trading nothing much has changed. If these kids need to be baby sat and told not to cheat then that is wasted effort. Ban with perm dishonor and move on. But if you want the real effect that will stop manipulation in it's tracks. Publicly shame the accounts like the WvW hacker back in the day. Make them do a organized dance then delete the accounts from gw2 with all rewards.

Sadly these kids have ruined months to a year + worth of games and stained gw2 pvp to where the playerbase has left ranked play. Remove the stains from the game with all they worked for with alt and main accounts. Then things will improve. Till then a 3 month ban is a laugh for the damage they have caused.

@bLind.6278 said:

@"Ziooo.8932" said:Ty! Might give pvp a try next season. But cant help but wonder: Why not perma dishonor? Have they lost their past rewards? Are they unable to queue AT's as well? What about alts?

You have to make sure these people are "well locked", they did enough harm to the game, gamemode and community to deserve that.

Because they're big names and Anet would literally stand to lose more by them no longer being content creators than letting them sit in a 3 month time out.

There only one that have youtube channel and been named here many times xD

Realistically if you do not revoke any competitive titles, you have done nothing. If you as a company/organization really believe that your loyal paying customers will leave you for reprimanding/eliminating cheaters from your game, what does that say that you think about them? One must conclude that you believe we are all cheaters and will leave if we see a cheater punished.10-20 customers that scam the system being removed publicly will drive up sales, not down. Honestly not many care about watching some cheaters that post some crappy youtube videos of their digital barbie dolls fighting wvw noobs trying to get dailies.3 months? Pfft...delete their accounts. even if you have to refund you will benefit in the long run. Show the garbage who is boss.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:After a careful investigation of matches and account data, we’ve confirmed that certain players were involved in PvP match manipulation during the current season. The players involved have been removed from the leaderboards and given Dishonor for a period of three months. We will continue to monitor the game for incidents of this sort, and will take action on other accounts as the situation warrants it.

God Walking Among Mere Mortals,

Finally ANET listens to my prayers. That is one big step. The next step consists of REMOVING THEM PERMANENTLY + BANNING ALL ASSOCIATED ACCOUNTS SO THEY WON'T POLLUTE sPVP ONCE FOR ALL.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Realistically if you do not revoke any competitive titles, you have done nothing. If you as a company/organization really believe that your loyal paying customers will leave you for reprimanding/eliminating cheaters from your game, what does that say that you think about them? One must conclude that you believe we are all cheaters and will leave if we see a cheater punished.10-20 customers that scam the system being removed publicly will drive up sales, not down. Honestly not many care about watching some cheaters that post some crappy youtube videos of their digital barbie dolls fighting wvw noobs trying to get dailies.3 months? Pfft...delete their accounts. even if you have to refund you will benefit in the long run. Show the garbage who is boss.

Agree with that, punishment must be severe, this is not the first time they do this...honestly i dont know what happened to Anet, i heard tht back in the day Anet gave perma ban to people who were "exploiting" karma currency, but now we have people that are exploiting(and will keep doing it) pvp matches, and all they get is a 3month pvp only ban? This gotta be a joke....

"The following Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct (the “Rules of Conduct”) govern basic interaction within the Guild Wars 2 game and websites. Please be aware that failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination of your Guild Wars 2....

22-While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching."

Why does Gayle and Ben dont comment about this? Are these few players for some unknow reasons are above the Rules of Conduct that everyone else have to follow? Hackers and cheaters are roaming free on the game, and when you finally caught then(even when other players had allready exposed then with proofs) you gave this kind of punishment...i dont know, people are(some allready had) losing faith on Anet.

A real company would have closed these accounts. Care to say Ben or Gaile why you are not doing that? Do you have the guts to explain why these accounts are not being terminated? I once had an account terminated for client manipulation when I did no such thing no day in court no nothing bang account closed good day to you sir. But you'll allow these people to get caught red handed and get a slap on the wrist.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:After a careful investigation of matches and account data, we’ve confirmed that certain players were involved in PvP match manipulation during the current season. The players involved have been removed from the leaderboards and given Dishonor for a period of three months. We will continue to monitor the game for incidents of this sort, and will take action on other accounts as the situation warrants it.

3 months of dishonnor?Good. I think we can now safely say that we can freely wintrade as soon as we have more than 2 accounts.Anet should maybe warn to avoid wintrading with the two accounts at the same time however.This is a good news for cheaters.Thanks a lot ?

@brannigan.9831 said:A real company would have closed these accounts. Care to say Ben or Gaile why you are not doing that? Do you have the guts to explain why these accounts are not being terminated? I once had an account terminated for client manipulation when I did no such thing no day in court no nothing bang account closed good day to you sir. But you'll allow these people to get caught red handed and get a slap on the wrist.

and..... crickets

• 3 weeks later...

@bluri.2653 said:You should consider permanent dishonor instead so these players never get to set foot in pvp

I am legit laughing my ass off LOOOOLLook at sindrener asking anet to permanently dishonor them XD Where is he now? Oh right he got banned cause of cheating and he desperately cried to lower his ban, now why should anet have mercy on you when you dont have mercy on the other cheaters? Karma bro.. karmaLegit not defending the wintraders as I think that they definitely deserve perma bans but so does sindrener and zan for cheating :)

@bluri.2653 said:

@bluri.2653 said:You should consider permanent dishonor instead so these players never get to set foot in pvp

I am legit laughing my kitten off LOOOOLLook at sindrener asking anet to permanently dishonor them XD Where is he now? Oh right he got banned cause of cheating and he desperately cried to lower his ban, now why should anet have mercy on you when you dont have mercy on the other cheaters? Karma bro.. karmaLegit not defending the wintraders as I think that they definitely deserve perma bans but so does sindrener and zan for cheating :)

Can you explain to me how we "cheated"? We won fair and square no matter how you look at it, and yes I am banned without having any reason on why I am as well. Doesn't stop me from playing on my alt and continue to win the monthlies dw.

If you think what we got banned for "allegedly" is worse than wintrading I am out of words how amazingly d u m ß you areAnyways just to clarify, Zan = permabanned. Me 3 months ban from the game. Wintraders = dishonored 3 months

But as I mentioned we all can play on alt accounts np

Pretty sure NA did kinda same story and everyone cried for bans. I think they were perma dishonored. Knowing this and still doing it is what actually makes it so redicolous. On top of it they did not sell their accounts before playing on other people's accounts, what makes it even worse. On the other hand no one cares for this game anymore anyway.

The ppl who get caught cheating and then just go on alts or make up stupid troll names to further upset the community you are as pathetic as they get. This game is pretty much dead PvP wise though so not sure why you can't just go poison something else. Oh ya refer to the previous sentence, you're pathetic that's why!

@Odik.4587 said:

@"Blackdagger.9670" said:let's make an official list guys,

who were these wintraders? lets start giving some names, that will be the best punishment for them if we publicly shame them.

let the shame walk begin!

Dude you sound like you're 12.No one is going to care if you put them on display.You're giving them publicity.That's what they are known for, and that's why they do what they do.

They are known alrdy , everyone who was looking at leaderboard know their heroes and those who suffered from countless losses because of them know them and their alt accounts and their friend who threw for them or rather helped via DC'ing when game was lost . At this point people hated them so much so threw/dc to let our beloved god of pvp win and be higher than wintraders

Beloved "God of PvP" Naru still plays this? I would have expected him to be in the Valley of Kings by now.

@"bluri.2653" said:Can you explain to me how we "cheated"? We won fair and square no matter how you look at it, and yes I am banned without having any reason on why I am as well. Doesn't stop me from playing on my alt and continue to win the monthlies dw.

If you think what we got banned for "allegedly" is worse than wintrading I am out of words how amazingly d u m ß you areAnyways just to clarify, Zan = permabanned. Me 3 months ban from the game. Wintraders = dishonored 3 months

talking about who is d u m ß while exposing yourself playing on alts on the forums smh xdhow is selling monthlies not worse than wintrading? Winning a monthly is legit the most prestigeous reward in pvp rn and selling this is as bad as having wintraded r1 on leaderboard :)

@"bluri.2653" said:Can you explain to me how we "cheated"? We won fair and square no matter how you look at it, and yes I am banned without having any reason on why I am as well. Doesn't stop me from playing on my alt and continue to win the monthlies dw.

Lul how is playing on other people's account for money or whatever fair and square?Why do you think the abjured got banned? No, they didn't cheat with hacks or anything if you mean this with fair and square :D but they broke the rules and so did you so no you did not win fair and square xD

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:wow, no words:

OmegalulAnet, if this won’t make you ban their ip‘s then I don’t know what will, they literally are trolling you and are still able to always sell monthly wins. Zan is always going to be able to sell the monthly rewards. He’s gonna get 400$ you will ban him he’s gonna spend 30$ for a new account and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

@Nash.3974 said:

I am legit laughing my kitten off LOOOOLLook at sindrener asking anet to permanently dishonor them XD Where is he now? Oh right he got banned cause of cheating and he desperately cried to lower his ban, now why should anet have mercy on you when you dont have mercy on the other cheaters? Karma bro.. karmaLegit not defending the wintraders as I think that they definitely deserve perma bans but so does sindrener and zan for cheating :)

While I agree with you about Karma. They didn't cheat. Anet even stated that the best team won. They simply got paid for winning with an account share which is obviously against ToS but saying they cheated isn't correct at all.

• 1 month later...