[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - Page 16 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas

Comments

• BlueIce.6951BlueIce.6951 Member ✭✭✭

If we have an item in bank or material storage that can be charged via hero points, please let us have the option without having the item in inventory. I always forget to pull them out.

Currently attempting all Legendary Journey collections at once.

• Video settings templates
    I need to lower some settings upon entering WvW zerg fights, but provided options like best apperance/performance/autodetect do not suits me, nor my PC rig
    Hope i'm not the only one who would like that

"Raising a building is like fighting a war...except you're hammering on something that's dead."

• A lot of this has probably already been said I'm sure.
    1. New weapon stance ,and running with weapon animations for human males. You could just take some of the other races ,and mix them up. Either way human male has the ugliest weapon stance/running animations in my opinion. Suppose to be a fantasy game ,and it just feels boring ,and uninspiring to wield most weapons as a human male.
    2. Finish putting check boxes next to the rest of the armor. That way charr ,and norn can have better options when creating a look. Probably the oldest example ,but norn tattoos are hidden buy most of the available armor sets.
    3. The mistforged triumphant sets from WvW need to have a dye channel change so they don't continue to look half finished. The dye channel that controls those tendrils on the back should also change the armor glow. This way it is not blue 24/7.
    4. This one is probably to hard to due since it seems to be a staple in games ,but make acquiring equipment like legendary ones more fun ,and less of a job(this is a game after all). It is a digital item that only has use in this game ,and for most the process to finish one is what a half a year minimum of do the same thing repeatedly with a low yield rng( not to mention time gated items). I know this system has been around for years in many games mostly cause it is easy ,and cheap to implement. Guild wars 2 however was suppose to do things differently.
    5. I know armor check boxes where already mentioned in #2 ,but what about outfit check boxes so players can turn pieces invisible. I think it would add more to outfit usage ,and though it may not be exactly what all want it could be a middle ground of sorts.
    6. Timers on crafting of any kind need to go. I mean really putting a real life timer when crafting digital items in a game seems unnecessary. Instead people could be getting things done ,and going back to exploring/battling.
    7. Add all existing create a character options for free so players can make the character with all options from the go. Total makeover/hair kits will still serve a purpose every time someone wants to change how the character looks.
    8. Lastly get rid of any need for tokens to change armor appearance. In my opinion it looks really greedy to have a system in place like that. I think it would go along way if players could change armor skins on the fly without any kind currency needed to do so.

• Lex.2081Lex.2081 Member ✭✭

@BlueIce.6951 said:
    When you have learned an account bound recipe it would be really cool if that recipe no longer showed in the vendor list. I know there is the red "You already know this recipe!", but you still have to hover over everything to find ones that you did not know.

Even if they throw a little Green check in the corner of the icon would be helpful. I like your idea.

• @Lex.2081 said:

@BlueIce.6951 said:
    When you have learned an account bound recipe it would be really cool if that recipe no longer showed in the vendor list. I know there is the red "You already know this recipe!", but you still have to hover over everything to find ones that you did not know.

Even if they throw a little Green check in the corner of the icon would be helpful. I like your idea.

Same for dyes. I've got this insane wish to have all the non-exclusive dyes unlocked one day and that would be really helpful.

@Sigz.6943 said:
    2. Finish putting check boxes next to the rest of the armor. That way charr ,and norn can have better options when creating a look. Probably the oldest example ,but norn tattoos are hidden buy most of the available armor sets.
    5. I know armor check boxes where already mentioned in #2 ,but what about outfit check boxes so players can turn pieces invisible. I think it would add more to outfit usage ,and though it may not be exactly what all want it could be a middle ground of sorts.

+1

@Sigz.6943 said:
    4. This one is probably to hard to due since it seems to be a staple in games ,but make acquiring equipment like legendary ones more fun ,and less of a job(this is a game after all). It is a digital item that only has use in this game ,and for most the process to finish one is what a half a year minimum of do the same thing repeatedly with a low yield rng( not to mention time gated items). I know this system has been around for years in many games mostly cause it is easy ,and cheap to implement. Guild wars 2 however was suppose to do things differently.

I don't know, the first and third collections for 1st generation legendaries are pretty fun, it's just the second one (the obvious money-sink and time-sink one) that that's a total grind. Not to mention Gift of Fortune, yeuch.

1. Timers on crafting of any kind need to go. I mean really putting a real life timer when crafting digital items in a game seems unnecessary. Instead people could be getting things done ,and going back to exploring/battling.

I don't agree timers should be done away with completely, because something like an Ascended armor set requires dedication, and it should be like that, in my opinion. Also, it keeps the price of high-end materials up, which is also a good thing.

However, I think they could increase the limit for the daily crafted stuff to 2 or 3 per day.

1. Add all existing create a character options for free so players can make the character with all options from the go. Total makeover/hair kits will still serve a purpose every time someone wants to change how the character looks.
    2. Lastly get rid of any need for tokens to change armor appearance. In my opinion it looks really greedy to have a system in place like that. I think it would go along way if players could change armor skins on the fly without any kind currency needed to do so.

+1

• Udolpho.1209Udolpho.1209 Member ✭✭✭

I wish that crafting professions were learned by account, not by character.
    ...Or there was an option at the crafting master to "unlearn this profession" or in the character select screen the hover-over that shows the crafting profession included the level number. I have 20+ characters and having to log in to find out who has the highest in X is a pain.

It'd be nice if the character select screen in general had more details... like equipped gear and bag contents. Sometimes I'm trying to locate who has a particular item/weapon/gathering tool/festival event item. Or if clicking on the map completion actually showed you the maps that character explored. Maybe show story/LW status by character. List their birthday/creation date. What order, if any, they joined. ETC.

• plushiesoda.8150plushiesoda.8150 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2018
    • Put mounts special actions in the skillbar. Silly for some, but you'd be surprised by the number of people that don't know they even exist.
    • Create a special porting menu to adventures in the UI, you could make a "forced teleport back" when finishing or leaving them to avoid abuse. Or even better for you, create an "adventures teleporting device" like the one for world bosses in the gem store.
    • Add a new menu in the UI for that kind of devices (home portal, world bosses, adventures, minigames, etc) just disable the option to use it if you haven't bought the corresponding device.
    • Add sustained notes in musical instruments
    • Add infusions to the wardrobe bank
    • Build templates!!!!
    • Dyeable backpacks, weapons
    • An option to hide stowed weapons to avoid clipping with some armor textures
    • Make blacklion statuettes a currency
    • Allow dueling in PvE maps, just add a notification saying "dueling in this map uses the PvE skill ruleset"
    • Allow us to dismount from the griffon while on air
    • Weapon skillbar slots like the ones in gw1
    • Make personal story replay-able
    • Add a server transfer option at everymap, but PvP ones like in gw1. Include American and european servers on that list, you could just limit the number of times you may farm nodes daily per account like at some lw3 maps to avoid abuse.
    • Create an /emote pop up menu while holding certain keys (example, press Alt, and a roller menu shows up above your toon)
    • Add current ping watchable in the UI without opening the menu. Like in gw1
    • Force a "slot saving" on pve maps after a crash or DC for at least 1 minute. Nothing more annoying than complete a 40 minutes-long meta just to get a random crash/disconnection, just to log back to an empty map and find your old one full.
    • Disable different maps from guild halls, one of the silliest things I've seen is the game creating different IPs at the guild hall of a less than 10 members guild

This probably won't never be a thing but... I won't lose anything mentioning it
    * Add an option to start voice chat for party/squads. Even FPSs with 200+ players on the same map got it nowadays. You could limit it to a certain number of players or less per squad if it is too much of a resources hog. Also don't allow it in raid squads to avoid predictable toxicity or the possible "must understand spoken english or /kick" Also add a warning stating that Anet has no way of moderating behavior in such voicechat, use it under your own risk... or you could adapt the UI to use a third party company for that without the need of installing additional software (discord for example) or even better, make it a voip that utilizes the squad commander's internet connection as a host instead of consuming anet's bandwidth and resources!

• I'd love to be able to interact with NPCs in the Home Instance. Also Gliding+Mounts in the home instance would be a dream.

• Just to add to the idea of gliding and mounts in home instance-- if we've unlocked speed boost when in cities, it'd be nice to have it at home since it just seems like such a slog to get around when your ability to mount up is suddenly taken away.

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

I'd like the two noisy buzzing computers in the asura home instance to be removed. They're underneath the wintersday christmas tree node if you have it in the instance

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• The Verdant Brink meta with the Wyvern Matriarch should start at least 30 seconds later so that those players who aren't already on the platform have more time to tag and get into the fight. It's silly that it's become expected for players to camp the spawn and start early.

Similarly, the Domain of Istan Great Hall meta should have its first round of champion mobs spawn after Warden Amala reaches 90% health so people who were helping destroy fountains and not rushing straight in don't miss tagging them. Currently, spawning them so soon promotes ignoring helping with the fountain event and contributing players miss out on some of the first round of champion mobs.

• Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭

Remove the daily cap

make the pact speed boost mastery work everywhere in PVE instead of just the cities.

• Altronrain.1739Altronrain.1739 Member
    edited December 20, 2018

Crafting panels improvement.
    There are people, who fond of collecting recipes, just like me. So i have some suggestions to craft organization.
    I'm not the first, but craft panels still the same, so i want to repeat all suggestions and add my own ones:
    1) Left panel (list) should receive Favorite tab (or make it as new drop-list).
    Mostly for cooking, though. Seriously, people that follows meta or earning gold have a small list of "approved" food. Searching each one it's a pain.
    2) Re-organize list of crafted weapons/armors by hiding prefixies in sub-lists. For example: we have Pearl greatsword and all his variations hide in drop-list.
    There is a problem though, cause there are unique skins like Corrupted or so. So it need some improvement too. But searching needed item in an ocean of prefixes is a pain (for not an 24/7 player for example).
    3) Auto-craft of subsequent ingredients (including auto-calc if not enough materials during process).
    4) Please, make new filter options!
    My suggestion:
    Expansion Filter (yep, like that, or LS option too). I want to have an opportunity to turn off/on recipes from specific expansions (maybe even locations in some cases).
    Reason? Simple enough. Buying recipes from HoT or Dry Top for collection i cant even find them in the list! I should remember specific ingredient or name! Mostly impossible, so i don't even know what i learned.
    Any other suggestions please. Give it a try.

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

I would be very happy about "persistent group settings", that means we all have some friends (guild mates, friends, relatives) with which we always make groups. So every day we open the guild window or the friend list and pick always the same persons to form a group. It would be very nice to save those group constellations to regroup later with one click.
    Would be ok to have 3 to 5 slots for groups.

Praise Joko!

• There are so many awesome ideas and especially these: Movable UI and ANet developed DPS meter!

Moving our own UI will allow you to rearrange it to your liking, to be more practical to your play style and will most definitely improve your over all dps/game play. If you are wondering how can it improve your dps, well the most simple answer is that you are able to see cool downs of your skills faster instead of constantly looking down - allowing you to click your skills sooner. For me it is important due to having an ultra wide monitor, 3840x1600. Yes, I am aware that I can change the UI scaling but I do not want to have a crowded screen.

DPS meter will allow players to change rotations to improve their dps and game play in general. :)

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

Create another page for the Living Story season 3 and 4 Portal Tomes. The extra page would go to Lion's Arch.

Options:

• Make it a gem store addition.
    • Create other pages for the other five major cities. (This should match the gem store option above, if that is chosen.)
  • Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

When we're underwater, we breathe out air bubbles from our nose

Please let us turn off these bubbles in the menu

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• a wts/wtb category in the lfg with a few categories
    raid clears / other pve open world stuff
    wts wtb items
    services

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

• Reverielle.3972Reverielle.3972 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2018

@Sharvis.9085 said:
    The Verdant Brink meta with the Wyvern Matriarch should start at least 30 seconds later so that those players who aren't already on the platform have more time to tag and get into the fight. It's silly that it's become expected for players to camp the spawn and start early.

Similarly, the Domain of Istan Great Hall meta should have its first round of champion mobs spawn after Warden Amala reaches 90% health so people who were helping destroy fountains and not rushing straight in don't miss tagging them. Currently, spawning them so soon promotes ignoring helping with the fountain event and contributing players miss out on some of the first round of champion mobs.

It bugs me how players like to exploit the game however possible. Perhaps in Verdant Brink the canopy champions could have a damage aura (2000/s) that is reduced by 200 per 10% of map meta contribute: So if you help out at night it's not problem; you won't receive any aura damage, but if you're being lazy and exploiting you'll be out of luck.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2018

I would like to have a device, allowing you to redo one of the story instance (personal or living season) where everyone is shown as friendly, every path accessible with no goals where you can simply explore / do it with your friends to RP. That way, we can wander around old lion's arch, claw island, within the cube of rata primus, secret arcane eye bases, istan great hall prison, gandara and so on...

-> That way, less players will break out maps.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭

Please make it so that when you use the season 3 portal tome to Bloodstone, it spawns the player outside the ship instead of inside in the lower section.

^^

@Daddicus.6128 said:
    Create another page for the Living Story season 3 and 4 Portal Tomes. The extra page would go to Lion's Arch.

Options:

• Make it a gem store addition.
    • Create other pages for the other five major cities. (This should match the gem store option above, if that is chosen.)

Just saying as an addition. You should be able to add the home portal stone to the books.

Actually, it would be nice to be able to combine the volumes, plus the home portal stone, unlimited passes (elon lilly, mists, mists, etc...), and a node for Lion's arch into one volume.

I noticed something, will be a very great change for the game and should be added ASAP in the gemstore:
    Can we have 1 additional filter for weapons/armors/dyes/minis based on the fact if we have unlocked the item/skin or not? Like:
    ○ Unlocked
    ○ Locked

That way, we can easily find on gemstore a skin we don't have without mistakes.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• If I fully unlocked elite specialization and learned how to deal with new weapon - why can't I equip it anytime I want?
    Yes, I want to be Scourge with greatsword, Holosmith with hammer, core Thief with a rifle, core Guardian with longbow, Soulbeast with staff, etc. Why not?

• The Path Finder.3197The Path Finder.3197 Member ✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018

Home instances to be accessible via the Guild's hall in form of Guild homes, thus if someone steps through a door/portal of door like you do when you enter the Guild's Iniative Office.

Sounds Good?

Alright, then if that is doable, instead of just "one door" in the guild and a long drop down menu, how about for each member who has a decently upgraded home instance, there will appear a new door for every 5-10 players, thus a "town grows" in a Guild Hall.

Sounds Good?

When one enters an instance, presently you can loot stuff in there from nodes etc. But what if you can have your prized armour displayed e.g. wep/armour and other skins? Kind of like you do in the single player, Skyrim game... but now you can have Guildies visit you and see your collections, achievements, etc on display - as they go mine from your nodes ^_^

Obviously the easy access might make node farming too easy to do, so I would suggest a nerf/limit as to how many "homes" you can go loot from at a time. Perhaps 1 a day and you can't go to the same home in e.g. in a week's time, as a guildy - (the door might display as opened, and closed for not yet visited ones) thus promoting players to visist each other's homes... making a community and a more lively Guild.

I would also suggest if you have a lv40+ guild hall, that this will then be possible and that as your guildies develop their homes and they gain more nodes etc... so too does the broken parts of a guild repair (that broken stuff that's not part of normal upgrades.)

If you kick or remove a member perhaps due to afk for a long time etc... him leaving will effect the cosmetic look by the % he added to the better looking guild.

Since this is now a lively town that people pop into all the time, I would like to add the cherry on top of the cake... by requesting that in a max level market in the guild's market area, to have a Tradepost that functions like the cities' tradepost to be usable, even if rate limited daily, to still promote city trade post... (There's already a personal bank and materials bank at the scribe staytion... )

Also, part of the the growing home's cosmetic effect is to restore the use of "profession's" equipment, e.g. anvil, forge, wepsmith etc. Since scribe's have their thingy at the workshop, it will be great if a "lively" high level guild has crafting staytions in the market - only if the Guild is lively enough would enough "quality" homes in it. Repping will effect where the homes appear...

• Jumping Puzzle Master Mode - Include a 2d tier into puzzles,

Doing puzzles as they're presently done, = some meh rewards, however that is because many people are cheating with mesmer portals or bunny mounts etc.

If puzzles had 2d mode, where it rewards insanely better if you do not use a mesmer portal, and increase the no mount zone radius.

With a simple UI flick of a switch you can enter Jump Mode, which will make all puzzles harder and you have to keep this mode on until the end of the puzzle.

Doing all jump puzzles like this will stand you the chance to potentially drop precursors or if you've completed them all you'd get a legendary jumping stick/mount that you can hop with, makes you glow and leaves a trail of bubbles as you hop forward, it will also be a "staff" and and you gain the Achievement "Afraid of Portals"

@hugo.4705 said:
    I noticed something, will be a very great change for the game and should be added ASAP in the gemstore:
    Can we have 1 additional filter for weapons/armors/dyes/minis based on the fact if we have unlocked the item/skin or not? Like:
    ○ Unlocked
    ○ Locked

That way, we can easily find on gemstore a skin we don't have without mistakes.

This has been suggested in this forum before, but it cannot be suggested enough.

Also add a filter for dye based on color.

@Wrong Device.3014 said:
    If I fully unlocked elite specialization and learned how to deal with new weapon - why can't I equip it anytime I want?
    Yes, I want to be Scourge with greatsword, Holosmith with hammer, core Thief with a rifle, core Guardian with longbow, Soulbeast with staff, etc. Why not?

We really should be able to keep weapon skills. I understand losing the utility and elite skills, but please let us keep the weapon skills.

Additionally - give us the racial skills on the Revenant. It is really crazy that this class is the only one that locks you into specific utility and elite skills. We should be able to customize and play how we like on this class. It is awesome that water selections were updated, please follow through and update the rest of the class :)

@The Path Finder.3197 said:
    Jumping Puzzle Master Mode - Include a 2d tier into puzzles,

Doing puzzles as they're presently done, = some meh rewards, however that is because many people are cheating with mesmer portals or bunny mounts etc.

If puzzles had 2d mode, where it rewards insanely better if you do not use a mesmer portal, and increase the no mount zone radius.

With a simple UI flick of a switch you can enter Jump Mode, which will make all puzzles harder and you have to keep this mode on until the end of the puzzle.

Doing all jump puzzles like this will stand you the chance to potentially drop precursors or if you've completed them all you'd get a legendary jumping stick/mount that you can hop with, makes you glow and leaves a trail of bubbles as you hop forward, it will also be a "staff" and and you gain the Achievement "Afraid of Portals"

What do you mean by a 2d puzzle? Something you have to play from only an elevated view?

Add a preview for infusions.

These are really taking off and people want them, you should be able to preview before buying or selling to see if it is a look you would actually want.

• Leablo.2651Leablo.2651 Member ✭✭✭

Team balancing for minigames should really be looked at. Implement some kind of MMR so that casuals (who only show up for festivals or dailies) are not mixed with veteran players. Also do not add a player to the game if it will cause lopsided teams (+1 red). They should stay in a queue until there is another player to balance it out or another player leaves. It is getting really tiresome to see a 5:1 score blowout when you are forced onto a game in progress.

A smart system that detects when games will have high volume (e.g. it's a daily) could also make it so that hotjoin is disabled during these times, and games will only start with full teams.

Exactly what I asked when holosmith was released: Can we use photon forge with hammer since we can with rifle, pistol and shield please? Hammer + photon is EPIC compared to hammer + stupid gyros.

• "Inventory -> Deposite all materials."
    Add an option - all materials appearing in inventory are deposited directly into storage. This mouse clicking distracts me from actual gameplay.

• This is already existing tech, so it should be easy to add. One of the biggest QoL you can add to the game is allowing Ascended gear to have the same stat swap and sigil/rune swap capabilities as Legendary gear. Legendaries shouldn't have any QoL advantage like this.

• Ariurotl.3718Ariurotl.3718 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018

nevermind!

Hair style kit... would like it to change eye color too. hairstyle, hair color, eye color.

Would be nice if there were two types of head gear, or two slots for head gear. Not talking about a 7th armor piece, but an aesthetic option. There are some things, like glasses, eye effects, scar, eye patches, face paint etc that would be great to pair with another head armor, especially ones that don't interfere with the aforementioned or that generally leave the face open, like horns, hoods, various hats/helms. If there is clipping, person could just click off one or the other.

• That achievement. "Agent of Entropy".
    Is it possible to turn it off when it's finished thousand times already? It gives no AP, no money, no XP, nothing. Just keeps popping up all the time.

• Make other living season maps møre fun to grind like domain of istan plz. Dont take the easy road and dial back that map, make the rest as fun and good to grind. Now we have maps that arent populated.

• I'd like to be able to preview mount skins in the shop with dye. I think it'd help people get excited to buy them if they can see how it looks with their chosen colors. There could even be a button to preview your character riding the mount so players can see if the skin and colors look good with their character.

I'd like the option for the game to remember dye color sorting preference a player sets so I don't have to select "sort by hue" every single time. The default looks like a random jumble of colors that is useless for, say, finding a good shade of blue, so I don't know why something so disorganized is even the default.

I wish it was possible to rotate a character any direction in the glider preview. It's hard to see the backs of gliders (the most important view for anything wing-based) clearly on an Asura since you can't rotate them up and down. Or at least tilting Asuras so players can see more of the top of the glider would be helpful when comparing items.

• I've recently started doing some fractals because I'm crafting a legendary, and I have more than once missed looting a final chest because the popup at the death of the last boss covers pretty much my entire screen and I can't see where to click on anything or even where the chest is. I'd love for the popup to leave the fractal to either be much smaller, or for it to pop after the chest is looted instead of immediately on the final boss's death. I can't find any way to resize (even temporarily) the notice.

• @Seagull.8730 said:
    I've recently started doing some fractals because I'm crafting a legendary, and I have more than once missed looting a final chest because the popup at the death of the last boss covers pretty much my entire screen and I can't see where to click on anything or even where the chest is. I'd love for the popup to leave the fractal to either be much smaller, or for it to pop after the chest is looted instead of immediately on the final boss's death. I can't find any way to resize (even temporarily) the notice.

You can move it out of the way like other windows.

Founder of Affinitus Nemus [AFNM]
    "Join Us, We're Lonely" - Our Guild At Some Point

JUST LIKE THE LORAX, WE SPEAK FOR THE TREES!

It would be great if we could select criteria for collections to show on the achievement summary screen.

I really want to know when I am within three events for some collections, or only need two fractals to complete a legendary journey collection. The almost complete achievements that currently show are not something I will be completing anytime soon and I cannot choose to hide from the list.

Maybe also add categories like near completion side stories, story achievements, black lion collections, collections needed for other achievements (machines weapons, auric weapons).

A UI option to display available collections, achievements, scavenger hunts, etc for items you have active and are in your general area.

Like "This event goes to two achievements" or "this heart has items for an active collection". Something that will help guide players to achievement goals without forcing them to track on another screen, spreadsheet, or constant toggles of watches items.

It would be even better for things like the world bosses that also require you to have harpy pheromones, anthology of villains, or jars in your inventory to get the achievement. "This event requires 2 inventory items for active achievement completion." And list what those things are as a link.

Also would be nice for events that have a large set of achievements to complete like tequatl, triple trouble, or shatterer.

Or, this event has a random drop that unlocks further collection(s); this event has a random drop that goes to special collection (anton's boot blade).

There could be a lot of options to expand on the usefulness of the UI, mini map, and map director towards items.

• Chrury.4627Chrury.4627 Member ✭✭✭

I'd like to suggest removing the 'fog of war' from the map/minimap in underwater and underground areas. Even as a new player, these areas are generally inhabited or well known enough that the 'mystery' on the map is only an annoyance. I've done map completion multiple times and the dredge excavations always bring me frustration.

Related suggestion: make the lowest level on the main map expose all of these underground/underwater areas (without the fog of war) regardless of your current elevation. I'd really like to be able to easily find the cave entrances and tunnels.

Builds for Runes project | Discussion | Archive

• Jay.5128Jay.5128 Member ✭✭
    edited December 28, 2018

Bank / inventory
    Make it so you can sort both the same way and stacks stack if you got multiple.

Glamours that comes with a free apply but you can not get rid of the glamour so you can add it to the account wardrobe till you have applied it in doing so resorting so bank space being taken up or you have to use it then use up a transmutation charge if you don't want to use it but free up space.
    Possible fix Make so it can only be added to account wardrobe and it comes with a Free transmutation charge instead of the free apply it already gives

All I can think of ATM

• TamX.1870TamX.1870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2018

+1 for seeing character faction (vigils, priory, whispers)
    +1 for seeing it in login screen
    +1 for other possibly useful info in logging screen to make decision which one to log (e.g. which toon has unlocked AB WPs, or unlocked some LW episode or so)
    +1 for more space in login screen for toon selection, e.g. 3x3 matrix or larger

Suggestion: If not suggested before, would it be difficult to add a note field to friends list? For example, something like 40 characters long note so that you would remember in which circumstances you added a player to friends. Like: "PvPer", "officier of guild [XXX]", "leader of a raid group I want to join when good enough", "Great 1vs1, ask again some time", "Excellent DH player", etc etc

There are contacts you like to keep, but after some time you have forgotten the account name (as most players you recognize from toon name).

• wassup. This QoL is quite small, but also very useful.

If a player has a waypoint code copied to his clipboard, he can then open the map and paste. The map will go to the waypoint he [email protected]

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kroh.6784 said:
    wassup. This QoL is quite small, but also very useful.

If a player has a waypoint code copied to his clipboard, he can then open the map and paste. The map will go to the waypoint he [email protected]

you cap paste it in chat, then click on it.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

1. Sometimes I'm looking for events and "There's a new event nearby" pops up... but I can't figure out where it is. I run in the wrong direction or in circles and never find it. Please include some kind of basic directions.

2. Total makeover kit - some kind of timer that allows you to enter normal gameplay world to preview changes in a more practical way.
      Two reasons, 1) those times you forget to change something like height or sylvari glow colors and need to fix, and 2) when preview ≠ in world appearance. So many times I spend a looooong time making changes, only to see immediately that X looks different in game and I don't like it.
      I'd suggest a temporary preview in game - make changes for 5 minutes, run around in game OR some kind of empty instance, go back to TMK preview to edit or finish

3. Better ways to search dyes in trading post: exclusive dyes made exotic, a filter to exclude unlocked dyes ('search locked only'), search by hue vs by name

An option to preview infusion, instead of having to seek for it on the wiki... pretty plz, will be easier to choose one.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.