Bring more items to WvW so we can spend Badge of honor currency.

Hitman.5829

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:You can convert them into badges of tribute and sell em on tp for 11-15s a piece.

Sick income mate

If you dont like the extra income, do not convert them. Shocking, I know. Even for you.

This guy asked for something we can use Boh on. Request for qol. U give useless advice, and if I didn't know ur thoughts about wvw rewarding I would say ur trolling. But ur not :( or troll cave is deeper 1 could think

@Safandula.8723 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:You can convert them into badges of tribute and sell em on tp for 11-15s a piece.

Sick income mate

If you dont like the extra income, do not convert them. Shocking, I know. Even for you.

This guy asked for something we can use Boh on. Request for qol. U give useless advice, and if I didn't know ur thoughts about wvw rewarding I would say ur trolling. But ur not :( or troll cave is deeper 1 could think

Joking aside, I hardly think EotM stuff would be relevant in wvw (airstrike etc). They could introduce a sink like materials boxes (just an example) like the ones you can buy with volatile magic or unbound magic. Would it break the economy? Maybe. Just a thought, tho.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Sick income mate

Joking aside, I hardly think EotM stuff would be relevant in wvw (airstrike etc). They could introduce a sink like materials boxes (just an example) like the ones you can buy with volatile magic or unbound magic. Would it break the economy? Maybe. Just a thought, tho.

Koda's hammer would be very useful in large scale fights, specially the #5 and #4 skills. To be honest, WvW needs more defensive skills, the game has gotten to a point where it has been powercreeped to an extreme. My suggestion about spending BoH was just an example of what the devs can do to make us spend the WvW currency that just accumulates with nothing useful to purchase.

However, the EoTM items don't have to come to WvW, that was just an example of what can be done to makes us spend those BoH.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

The conversion rate is terrible tbh.30 badges for ~13 silver.3000 badges for 13 gold.
puppy gold!Do they know how long we spent to earn 3000 badges?Hours upon hours upon hours.

Badges of Honor aren't meant to be provide a substantial reward. They are a currency that has a couple of solid uses and, like any other currency in any game, once you have used it for those reasons, it's all excess.

Turning it into say 40 gold for 3000 badges (triple) would have a major economic impact, considering all the veterans with BoH stockpiled. It seems unlikely to happen.

tl;dr unlikely that ANet will use the currency for anything other than future unlocks, special siege, guild upgrades, or other things without direct economic value.

Quickest thing to add:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist-Warped_Bundlefor sale for x amount of Badges.These drop a majority of items needed for high end crafting (via Grandmaster Marks + Legendary armour upgrade), extra T6 fine mats can be sold for lower level mats needed for the Gifts and the occasional Clover reduces the need for a big supply of Mystic Coins.Limit the amount of Bundles you can buy each day per account (that is tech already in place) to prevent WvW players flooding the market with materials.

@Gorani.7205 said:Limit the amount of [tbd] you can buy each day per accountThat's a more plausible request, regardless of what the tbd ends up being.

I suspect it's still unlikely because someone from ANet would have to spend time determining the impact on the economy of X numbers of people buying Y items per day, against the number of people who would complain that this isn't fair because they spent their badges or that it's too gated or that it's not enough.

More likely: ANet does nothing until they do another comprehensive review of the reward system for WvW. That is almost certain not to happen at least until 6-12 months after Alliances (or 6-12 months after ANet decides they can't deliver Alliances).

Yeah a badge consumer machine daily would be ok.

Something more helpful, updated exotic vendors for all current stats. A vendor with a fair selection of core runes and sigils wouldn't be bad either. It's 2019 not 2015. Would help with all the "make amulet system" tears. Ok it wouldn't but we could point to this update and /close thread.

They could add a "wintersday karma" vendor that only shows up during WvW event weeks. The vendor would sell packages that drop materials with a rare chance for a glowy wvw infusion.

Hahaha sweet mother of all that is holy imagine if they replaced guard or warr hammer skills with Koda's Hammer.... dome is literally 10 seconds of CC unless you got stab. Groups of players used to spread out with it and knock others off bridges + deny massive area the rest of the kit is pretty much hard + soft CC as well (3 second "freeze" on 8 sec CD which I think is equivalent of stun, aa last chain is golf club crazy launch? Plus that line of warding thing)... and to top it all off if enough have the hammer gates melt just by aa'ing them.

Back to OP about BoH currency... I don't think there's many uses for them. I've only ever bought the tributes and sold em on TP. Wish they'd make a good sink it only ever works if PvE players need them for stuff to be worth something and the rate we acquire them is diddly squat idk man.

The obvious answer would be to allow the Provisioner to sell LV 80 food, maybe even some of the expensive stuff that requires PoF/LW S4 mats. Problem with that though is many have already commented on how certain foods add to the imbalance in WvW, and while nothing stops a player from using the TP / PvE to acquire them, making them easier (and cheaper) to obtain is probably not going to help the game mode.

Based on the cultural armor vendors, 1 badge is viewed as equaling 2 silver. But IMO that exchange rate is unlikely to be something that is implemented in a way in which you can actually extract the coin, it would likely be limited to a discount on account-bound stuff. Badge discounts on ascended recipes (2.5 gold + 250 badges instead of 5 gold) or the LW S1 rewards from the laurel vendors would be decent candidates, but they likely have little or no use to long-term players.

Something like flask of metabolic primer or flask of utility primer would probably be more useful. Potentially eliminates the need to add all of the lvl 80 foods to a vendor, but the primers do infringe a bit on gemstore items, so who knows.