PvP match manipulation has gone too far.

what rank is this. starting from bronze 3 now in gold 3 over 500 matches I think I've played max 5 matches I think were match manipulation or ppl really faked well. In lower ranks they are just toxic as I was, we lost mid fight, whole game is lost, afk. 1, 3, 1 in the start, afk. Teammates losing 2v1, afk. I didnt like your outfit, afk. Double thief, afk, and so on. Toxic ppl most of the time not wintraders. If you're talking about plat 2. and up you might be right.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Pretty much the everyday thing in PvP it seems.

It happens very often to me though (even in unranked) that we lose some fights and then 1 or 2 people start insulting their own teammates and then AFK. I usually stay quiet and just try to do something in the match, but it's perfectly understandable that some players get demotivated pretty quickly and then abandon the match or literally PvP as a whole.

Unfortunately, based on Arenanet's experience with this, nothing is planned to fix this.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:You are more likely to get banned from the forums.

Which is sad because players like these ruin the game.

I remember when Anet was aggressive about cheating scum.

They had the Dhuumban in GW1 and they even made at least one dudes character go naked and jump off the high bridge in Divinity's Reach.

I miss THAT Anet.

+1 for this, If y'all wanna unseal Dhuum so he can can send some sweaty players to their grave I'd be fine with that. Hell, have Desmina do it.No matter how good the game's balance gets, if players can just tilt the matches and get away for free it doesn't matter.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

1. Stop allowing f2p accounts from joining ranked ques, period. No exceptions.
  2. Once again enable 5 man ques in ranked so that players who want to block their team from mole throws, can protect themselves.

Agreed.

Oh and INB4: "But I HATES 2 go against the 5 man teams!" Anyone who would respond with this, needs to seriously ask themselves: "Aren't I still going against a 5+ man team when I'm being thrown or win traded against?" Solo/Duo is an illusion and ya'all need to wake up from it.

Doubly so. There was a point where I was like "I don't wanna just get steamrolled by 5mans over and over again" but at this point, if you are any good at the game and have basic social skills/ability to maintain relationships it should be easy to pick up four other players that you know to go do some pvp. Find a guild. It's better than match manipulation.Either that or make autos more frequent or 24/7.

@Vieux P.1238 said:I just checked the Top 10 players & i ask on map chat this Question.How is it that you get 108 wins but 13 loses only? Is that even statistically possible in this Tic tac toe type of game wich is Gw2?Something smell's fishy. Even if you duo Q & play the meta & switch to adapt to other team comp......& that your a God player,

13 loses out of 121 matches is just not possible.

Someone plz explain it to me & try to make some sens to it.

that's legit how i always looked at it lmfao but it is possible but not with that low of a lose lol. I think I remember Vans Having like 130wins-10loses and the next day after season ended he was banned with the God PvP Title lmfaooo.

@Curennos.9307 said:

They had the Dhuumban in GW1 and they even made at least one dudes character go naked and jump off the high bridge in Divinity's Reach.

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@"risingeagle.7813" said:Numerous match manipulations as of late. This one was today. This is getting ridiculous:
65oTh75.jpg

What on this SS screams MM to anybody? I'm not saying you're wrong, but the SS is a poor choice -- you are the one standing in base while your team is dying, and you've just rando-cuss-whispered two teammates. The heck?

There's a certain level of effectiveness for some classes that you can achieve just by rolling your face across the keyboard, or rotating through skills with minimal knowledge. It takes five minutes, maybe less, to copy a warr build and figure out when you should use skills and how to mindlessly rotate through evades, weapon skills, and how to CC into burst skills/hundred blades.

When people fail to even reach the level of effectiveness for a class you can achieve by rolling your face across the keyboard, there aren't a lot of other possibilities. I've had scrappers that die 1v1 to a warrior, necromancers that try to decap far while showing no movement utility skills slotted (?), support FBs that go everywhere BUT the teamfight, etc. I mean, it's still possible they could just be....really, really bad. But that's a very small chance, I think.

Mind you, those are all scenarios that actually happened to me while I was in g3 throughout the past week. If a match is 100-500 or below, I generally assume some shenannigans are going on.

lol scrapper should die to warriors, if not your war is bad

@yanniell.1236 said:1) no more DuoQ;2) a player can't face the other 9 players of his/her last match for the next 5 matches.

There you go. No more match manipulation and more diversity.

Next problem.

there you go, no more matches

pvp population on a decent level is allready not impressive to say it polite

you'd complelty gut it.you'd need 9 different players, per match for the next 5 matches or 45 players, per 5 matches... per player.

that is 45*9, unless my math fails me

@melandru.3876 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:1) no more DuoQ;2) a player can't face the other 9 players of his/her last match for the next 5 matches.

Next problem.

you'd complelty gut it.you'd need 9 different players, per match for the next 5 matches or 45 players, per 5 matches... per player.

Not to long ago there was a big hooblah about letting back team Q's in rank. Between the ones that want to match manipulate & the ones that already said it's been tried & it don't work. & that's why i really don't play much rank.

@melandru.3876 said:

Next problem.

If you don't have 45 different players to play 5 matches in a row, your game is already doomed and this discussion makes no sense to begin with.

@yanniell.1236 said:

Next problem.

If you don't have 45 different players to play 5 matches in a row, your game is already doomed and this discussion makes no sense to begin with.

that is 45 different players, per player

you would need 5 matches with 45*9 new people before the 10 originals could be put together again

which is nowhere realistic, as i said in my first post "pvp population on a decent level is allready not impressive to say it polite"

keyword: decent, everything under plat 2 is not decent

@apharma.3741 said:This thread will probably get deleted as mine did. It's clear ANet intends to sweep it under the rug as all their players choose to leave because they keep pandering.RIP your thread. Thats so pathetic from Anet. Cant/dont care about bots. Dont care about wintraders . All they care for is CONTENT-SHOP

@praqtos.9035 said:

@apharma.3741 said:This thread will probably get deleted as mine did. It's clear ANet intends to sweep it under the rug as all their players choose to leave because they keep pandering.RIP your thread. Thats so pathetic from Anet. Cant/dont care about bots. Dont care about wintraders . All they care for is CONTENT-SHOP

That's sad that after proof of upper level match manipulation it got taken down. It's not like its unknown that this is the wintrade wars lol.

@Curennos.9307 said:

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@"risingeagle.7813" said:Numerous match manipulations as of late. This one was today. This is getting ridiculous:
65oTh75.jpg

What on this SS screams MM to anybody? I'm not saying you're wrong, but the SS is a poor choice -- you are the one standing in base while your team is dying, and you've just rando-cuss-whispered two teammates. The heck?

There's a certain level of effectiveness for some classes that you can achieve just by rolling your face across the keyboard, or rotating through skills with minimal knowledge. It takes five minutes, maybe less, to copy a warr build and figure out when you should use skills and how to mindlessly rotate through evades, weapon skills, and how to CC into burst skills/hundred blades.

When people fail to even reach the level of effectiveness for a class you can achieve by rolling your face across the keyboard, there aren't a lot of other possibilities. I've had scrappers that die 1v1 to a warrior, necromancers that try to decap far while showing no movement utility skills slotted (?), support FBs that go everywhere BUT the teamfight, etc. I mean, it's still possible they could just be....really, really bad. But that's a very small chance, I think.

Mind you, those are all scenarios that actually happened to me while I was in g3 throughout the past week. If a match is 100-500 or below, I generally assume some shenannigans are going on.

How can you at one hand say that warrior is so kitten easy to learn that it facerolls everyone, and on the other hand say that its hard to lose as a scrapper against a warrior? It doesnt make sense buddy, just pointing that out

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@"yanniell.1236" said:1) no more DuoQ;2) a player can't face the other 9 players of his/her last match for the next 5 matches.

Next problem.

Not to long ago there was a big hooblah about letting back team Q's in rank. Between the ones that want to match manipulate & the ones that already said it's been tried & it don't work. & that's why i really don't play much rank.

The funny thing is that despite every player in the game using LFG for Dungeons, Fractals, Raids, Meta Trains, Achievements, and Automated Tournaments, Arenanet seems to believe that players wouldn't be capable of or want to use LFG for ranked exactly in the same way that they do for everything else? I mean they added a "join party" option for the players that were just in your match for a reason right?

I dunno seems haphazard or fishy to me at the best.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"yanniell.1236" said:1) no more DuoQ;2) a player can't face the other 9 players of his/her last match for the next 5 matches.

Next problem.

The funny thing is that despite every player in the game using LFG for Dungeons, Fractals, Raids, Meta Trains, Achievements, and Automated Tournaments, Arenanet seems to believe that players wouldn't be capable of or want to use LFG for ranked exactly in the same way that they do for everything else? I mean they added a "join party" option for the players that were just in your match for a reason right?

Point is Team Q is easy to match manipulate. Was done before & still is now with duo Q's. So stop asking Anet for 5 team Q's or any of it. At least until ...

@"Khalisto.5780" said:what rank is this. starting from bronze 3 now in gold 3 over 500 matches I think I've played max 5 matches I think were match manipulation or ppl really faked well. In lower ranks they are just toxic as I was, we lost mid fight, whole game is lost, afk. 1, 3, 1 in the start, afk. Teammates losing 2v1, afk. I didnt like your outfit, afk. Double thief, afk, and so on. Toxic ppl most of the time not wintraders. If you're talking about plat 2. and up you might be right.

You're seeing it, you've probably just not played long enough to able to recognize what it is you're seeing.

Unfortunately for newer players unto the scene, they have no ability to compare & contrast the monkey business going on nowadays vs. say 4 years ago, when population was much higher, f2p wasn't a thing, fewer players even knew how to perform win trading, and the ratio of match manipulations vs. clean matches was like 1/20 instead of 1/3. If you had played in year 1, 2, or 3 as example, you would be able to remember what a real match looks like, when players are actually trying hard, when everyone is on their main accounts, no one is smurfing, and no one is win trading or throwing for some misc. reason. The closest thing I can example to you, to explain what that felt like, is if you go to play in an AT now. If you play in ATs, even with an all gold 2 team, you'll see that the flow of the matches is NEVER suspicious.

Let me further example this so you have a better idea of how to spot obvious match manipulation.

In ATs matches generally flow like this. Remember that ATs are 5 man chosen teams, and the chances are virtually 0% for a match manipulation to happen:

• Two teams are facing off and one team seems to be dominant after the initial split first rotation. Even though the Blue team knows it's going to lose, they still try hard in hopes that maybe the Red team might fumble a rotation and allow them a comeback. The match ends something like 500 to 400. But the "feel" of the mechanical skills of the players on both teams was consistent through the entire match. There were no moments where "ALL OF A SUDDEN The Red team comes back from the grave at 200 to 400 and magically begins mechanically outplaying the Blue team as if they suddenly pokemon like evolved from gold 1 players into plat 2+ players mid game and began dominating with a triple cap rampage that couldn't be broken." or "All of a sudden, some guy that was clearly outplaying everyone with superior mechanical combat skills, begins to walk onto nodes only spamming 1 and never using his heal, as if he were wanting the other team to farm him."
  • Sometimes a comeback can happen in an AT, but when it does, it isn't from bad players who were getting crunched mechanically in combat, suddenly pokemon evolving into plat 3 players half way through the match. Real comebacks in real matches, happen from clutch rotations or one team secures an important objective, or very rarely the dominant team makes a serious fumble or someone IRL actually DCs. The point being is that player's mechanical combat skill factors remain steady through the entire match.
  • Sometimes in ATs, the match is a slaughter. You get a Monthly AT worthy team going against some guys who just joined to get 5g. The match is going to end up being 500 to 0 or maybe 500 to 40 or something if the strong team is getting lazy and doing funny things instead of taking the match seriously. The point being is that during these kinds of matches, the mechanical skill factors of the players on each team remain exactly the same through the entire match as they were in the beginning.

In Unranked, it is solo or duo or trio or quad or 5 man, yes. But there is no competitive incentive to perform match manipulations. The only incentive to perform a match manipulation in Unranked, is if you wanted to for some reason attempt to grind reward tracks? I assure you, no one is going out of their way to form organized win trading to grind reward tracks. If a person really wanted to grind loot, there are far far more lucrative places to do that in Guild Wars 2. Unranked matches flow like this:

• You get some serious trollol builds joining in Unranked. People just having fun, or people practicing new things, doesn't matter. The point being is that in Unranked matches it generally has the same type of flow as AT matches. In fact it is so similar, that there is no reason but to make one asterisk here. The idea to keep in mind is that players are either winning or they are losing, and comebacks are rare, and they happen through clutch plays, not sudden evolvement or de-evolution of player's mechanical skill values. The players you are with or against are staying the same skill level, visually, clearly, tangibly when you fight them. You can tell people are actually trying at their actual skill levels.

Old matches in Ranked from times past, when the population was high. They flowed like this:

• Everything exampled in the above was even MORE true 4+ years ago. Now we have various teams of various skill levels going against each other in ATs, or in Unranked the hidden MMRs which function basically just like Ranked, we have 1700 level Unrankers getting teamed with and against 1400s or maybe even lower during off peak hours. But in matches 4+ years ago, those gaps in skill margins were less than half of what they are now. You had 1700s getting put with and against 1800s and maybe 1650s. Back then the 1750s would complain if they had a 1650 on their team ^^ Point being is that the games were actually quite a bit more balance than they are now. It was rare to see 500 to 100 blowouts or even 500 to 250 type situations. Generally about 8/10 matches back then looked more like 500 to 400. Again, it was even MORE true back then, about how you could clearly see the level in which every play was playing at, and that it did not suddenly change halfway through a match. The match quality was just better back then.

Matches in Ranked now.... post S6, when the beans got spilled. What happened was that during S6, a particular popular streamer was suspended for win trading.Then some particular old pro players were suspended for other things. And then people began talking on Reddit & The Official Forum, about what exactly was win trading, and how were they doing it? Long story short, during S6, so much discussion was perked about this, that everyone learned how to do it. And by S7, when these people who were suspended or banned were allowed to come back and keep doing it while remaining safe while doing it with new types of methods, other players also saw how to do it safely, and that Arenanet either could not prove what they were doing, or possibly didn't care at all that it was happening. Here is how matches flow in Ranked today:

• On an average day, about half of your matches will be clean. About half of your matches will look and feel like the matches I had described in previous examples, where there are no sudden evolutions or de-evolutions of player skill factors. The other half of your matches... well...
  • About 1/4th of your matches may feel generally lopsided the entire game, as if the algorithm were targeting you to make you lose. The game starts and you're immediately met with the realization that your team is going to lose after the initial split. Your team wipes 3v3 at mid in a little less than 20s. Your guy who pushed far didn't even hold long, got chopped nearly as fast as the guys at mid, and now you're standing at home finishing the cap, figuring out how you're going to survive and regroup from the snowball. You end up losing the match 250 to 500. Nothing looked suspicious so to say, but the match just felt like improper placement. Sometimes in those 1/4th of your matches you are the one who gets on the winning team of 500 to 250. But in these 1/4th of games, there is still no real sudden evolution or de-evolution of player mechanical skills. <- This is all effects of low population and general smurfing, players who play at plat 2+ levels who are on alts that are being placed in teams at 1400 levels. This is how these kind of games happen. No one is necessarily throwing or win trading.
  • The other 1/4th of your matches.. are completely botched and make no sense at all. Seriously at least 1/4th of Ranked games are like this nowadays.. You start off the match and your team is just smashing the other team. You end up with this lead of 350 to 150, and you're thinking: "Ok this is an easy match, we're going to win." You can clearly see that your team is mechanically outplaying the other team. As if your team were stacked with plat 2s and the other team had gold 2s. And then ALL OF A SUDDEN, you have a player or two on your team just randomly begin to play like complete utter garbage. They somehow were winning 1v2s halfway through the game, repeatedly, with clearly visually superior mechanical skills, but then devolve into a player who seemingly doesn't know his class, or role, or even where his buttons are. <- That is not normal, and that is not something we've seen like this in the previous 5 or 6 years of the game. This is a phenomenon that began trending after the secrets of win trading and alt throwing were unleashed into the community. I remember once I was on the losing team, and I wasn't even getting mad, but I was getting very serious about trying to give rotational intel into the /t chat, I was trying hard to get them to win. Then this guy from our team on an account I had never once seen before, whispers me and says: "We're good, just watch." and then ALL OFF A SUDDEN, the other team just sort of stopped trying. A couple of their players began doing very stupid things. Things that were too stupid to be real. My team was able to come back from the grave from like a 200 point difference and win the game. It didn't happen from a clutch play or rotation, or securing a clutch objective. It happened because the other team suddenly devolved into players who didn't know their class, job roles, or even where their buttons where. That's just one example of many many others I could give you, where there was a moment that I knew I was caught in the middle of some kind of a win trade or throw.

So yeah, for those of you who weren't around in earlier years or who don't play ATs, to be able to see what real matches look like and feel like vs. the crap we have going on in Ranked today, there is the difference for you, laid out for your enjoyment & recognition.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Next problem.

Point is Team Q is easy to match manipulate. Was done before & still is now with duo Q's. So stop asking Anet for 5 team Q's or any of it. At least until ...

Please explain to me how someone is going to match manipulate my team of 5 players whom I know I can trust.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Next problem.

Please explain to me how someone is going to match manipulate my team of 5 players whom I know I can trust.

No what your thinking of matchmanipulation is windtrading. I'm talking about stacking 5 man team Q's with friends (over advantage) vs team made of pugs in Rank. In the old day's It got to be such a problem that Anet removed Team Q's from rank. I feel i don't need to explain why. I think your smart anoth to understand why.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 That explanation deserves its own thread. This hits exactly whats going on, you missed only the win trade day where all matches are like your last point, people are not even trying to hide it anymore. I think the best rating to play is around g2 g3 where most of the population is and only sometimes you get the smurfs since there are more people playing in that range. In the end of G3 and up you start seeing the loop sided crap and sometimes it feels like your team somehow is lower tier players vs full AT team.They should make the switch to 2v2 and 3v3 for pvp since you have to get in as a group and deathmatch, it is simple and effective pvp mode, people just want to beat each other and have fun with it, its so painful cause they showed that it can be done but they dropped it and added reworks to conquest maps, why are they still pushing conquest.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

That's sad that after proof of upper level match manipulation it got taken down. It's not like its unknown that this is the wintrade wars lol.

It's not just that, it's that there's very likely ToS violation going on which has had many people outright banned for playing on someone else's account to earn something they shouldn't get. Anyway that's all I'll say about it as I don't want to give the mods fuel to the fire.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Next problem.

No what your thinking of matchmanipulation is windtrading. I'm talking about stacking 5 man team Q's with friends (over advantage) vs team made of pugs in Rank. In the old day's It got to be such a problem that Anet removed Team Q's from rank. I feel i don't need to explain why. I think your smart anoth to understand why.

What you're talking about isn't match manipulation my friend, it is simply a team of better players winning.

Which is how the game is supposed to be.

@RedShark.9548 said:

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

65oTh75.jpg

How can you at one hand say that warrior is so kitten easy to learn that it facerolls everyone, and on the other hand say that its hard to lose as a scrapper against a warrior? It doesnt make sense buddy, just pointing that out

No, you're strawmanning. Don't do that.

You're adding on an 'everyone'. I made no reference to the warrior facerolling anyone - rather, their level of expected effectiveness even if the player has only picked up the class recently.