No more language specific servers - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

No more language specific servers

2>

Comments

• Killerassel.2197Killerassel.2197 Member ✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019

I disagree.

Sure, I'm definetely not the representative of the community. But the players already have the option to leave for greener fields, even if they are not on a [DE] server. Yet, DE servers are still mostly full or highly populated.

There are players and guilds who want to play at top tier and doing whatever they can to get there. I'm fine with that. But while top guilds are important they are not the representative of the community either.

But I'm not a competitive player. I'd rather win a T5 matchup then get smashed to pulp in T1. Hint: the amount of loot does not scale with the tier your server is in.

And again: population wise I do not see a problem. Top guilds may be missing, but I don't see a half full non-international server coming in the near future*. Fewer, probably. But they are going to be as big as international ones. Maybe not capable of raising to and playing in the top tier without those pro guilds. But not everyone wants to anyway. It takes a certain play style and discipline to play top tier. This is not everyone's cup of tea.

(*): with the possible exception of Spanish players. There is currently only one [SP] server and if that one loses players to international servers their community might suffer.

• im not afraid because of language hurdles, we already got smaller servers i.e. Millersund DE , who are just nothing more then linking partners to others evidently bigger servers (the calculation is strange) and if you removing the language restriction then i think it will promote servers transfers even more, then now.

the server tranfers should be restricted harder, so the balance over time would not hurt, when you plan to soften the server structures.
    if a complete WvW server composite is picking out the raisins and transfer from here to there, then the balance getting lost (like today).
    its not about points in WvW, because they already equipped and coordinated. the key would be to limit the transfer time with a longer period for the complete account, not just char based.

we saw that problem in other titles before i.e. DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot)

• YouWillHide.9847YouWillHide.9847 Member ✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019

Doesnt fix anything in WvW and will just have a negative effect, nothing stops people from transferring for 500gems/130g And I dont want to play with french people who yell "J'ai payé le jeu, je parle français si je veux" or likeminded people like that, Almost just like Ranger lovers :)

Hoxworth/Freddie Dredd
    Pirate Chips [LAYS]
    Alot of Guardians

• yumee.1405yumee.1405 Member ✭✭

Even putting appart the drama potencial, I love this idea!
    And to remember people, Russian never had any problem leading open in russian on sfr at the time. If you wanna follow you'll understand infis quite enough!
    Ping structure, numbers and colors aren't difficult so scouts info won't be an issue.

The only issue are gonna be people egos :D

Really happy about that announcement :P

• The list of desirable link servers was arleady small, add to that pool, national speaking servers, and the list for desirable links is gona be even smaller...

Another step on the wrong direction

• kafka.1657kafka.1657 Member ✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019

Three things:

Baruch Bay may now finally get a link as there was never a second Spanish language server. Unfortunately, Baruch Bay still can't be locked because new Spanish players can't be forced onto non-Spanish servers. (By the way, with ~88% of the world's Spanish speakers in the Americas, why is Baruch Bay part of the EU group?)

One of the 2 French servers will no longer need to be paired with 2 of the 3 French links. One of those links will definitely now go to a non-French server.

This move is probably aimed at delaying server consolidation with its associated game-is-dying stigma. Of course, Alliances (if they're ever actually implemented) will be server consolidation with a different name. In other words, this move may help to postpone Alliances.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    The majority of people will leave a deadlock where they cant win.

...checks to see if the German, French and Spanish server players all moved to Vabbi...

Nope.

... anyway, this change should herald the first of the MEGA-GUILDS, if nothing else than to have a (insert nation) language chat channel. Ways around this include allowing players to create their own chat channels, like they could in other games dating way back to the 2000s.

Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

• This is a clear effort to undermine Brexit.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019

@PixelJaeger.2403 said:
    "Blue Home: 5 reds @ WT, 1 cata" should be understandable by almost everyone

Yes, because WT is the abbreviation used in each language. Not. ;) Besides, I don't know about American servers, but the German ones are full of lively verbal communication as well. All will become very quiet when those shy to use their broken (if even existent) English are silenced by the change, especially when they don't know the English callouts for location with whose names they were previously 100% familiar. We have had non-German comms leading, and it always was just a handful of people talking while the rest remained unusually quiet.

• Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@PixelJaeger.2403 said:

Yes, because WT is the abbreviation used in each language. Not. ;) Besides, I don't know about American servers, but the German ones are full of lively verbal communication as well. All will become very quiet when those shy to use their broken (if even existent) English are silenced by the change, especially when they don't know the English callouts for location with whose names they were previously 100% familiar. We have had non-German comms leading, and it always was just a handful of people talking while the rest remained unusually quiet.

But we do have commanders on the german servers now. I sure hope they won't just all stop commanding after the next linking ;) . And if they do, who is to tell them they have to command in english? If the linkings work out there should be opportunities for public leads in all associated languages.

• Long overdue. I've always felt the eu links to be some what crippled by the necessary links by language.
    To be honest, there's plenty of non-english speakers on the na servers. If they run open, most of them have basic command of english, if they run closed they use their language and are still able to communicate with the maps in english. It's not that hard, it's not like there's a huge pool of english words on map and team chats. It's actually pretty basic english.

Also, i've heard people from all over europe on the "international" eu servers. Sure, they speak with an accent, even the british at times (we can't expect them all to be posh, cant we?).
    Are you telling me, that in the vast majority of european countries, people up to a certain age, on this day and age, don't have a reasonable command of english as a foreign language? What do you people learn in school?

• @meixing.5439 said:
    Are you telling me, that in the vast majority of european countries, people up to a certain age, on this day and age, don't have a reasonable command of english as a foreign language? What do you people learn in school?

Not all people NEED to use foreign language at work (the majority don't have to), so even if they learned it at school, most forget it over time.
    So yes, many ppl don't understand english at all (or very few words).

Carcharoth Lucian/Mini Chibii
    Augury Rock world
    PvE : [CdL] Les Chasseurs De Légendes
    WvW : [MIMs] Mobile Ingénieuse Et Marteau

• @Rasimir.6239 said:
    But we do have commanders on the german servers now. I sure hope they won't just all stop commanding after the next linking ;) . And if they do, who is to tell them they have to command in english? If the linkings work out there should be opportunities for public leads in all associated languages.

I agree. Commanders will continue to lead in german, spanish or french anyways.
    Just coordination would be a bit difficult at the beginning..

Carcharoth Lucian/Mini Chibii
    Augury Rock world
    PvE : [CdL] Les Chasseurs De Légendes
    WvW : [MIMs] Mobile Ingénieuse Et Marteau

• oh dear, this will be toxic

• phreeak.1023phreeak.1023 Member ✭✭

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@Widmo.3186 said:
    So far all nations (except for Spanish, German and French) could work together and speak universal (English) language. Why would those big three not adapt and open their written language to others? What, is it too hard to speak not native one or just shameful using any other language? Lmao.

its very easy - they DONT WANT TO.
    source: i'm german

I see the biggest problem in the french server. France have some history about languages and that they refuse to use english even if they could...

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

I don't know if its a good idea... I know a bunch of ppl from several games that played on an international english speaking server (german/french and spanish among) with language english used. As long as everyone tried speak in English things went fine. As soon as you entered as English speaker on any national server, oooh the rages and cursing and idk what. They wanted to get rid of you as soon as possible.... In GW2 I have seen ppl talk in pvp in french/spanish in pvp matches commanding ppl what to do and I only ended up saying, I don't know "insert language"... It just became one big mess that didn't work at all... The ones on national server play with a client in their language and tend to act as if they own that specific server (even if its a multiserver which is every language together)....

Most countries do indeed get English very early on at school and will do fine (they mostly already play in English language)... The ones that don't, simply don't want to adapt to international. These play on national server in their language settings and / or are the ones crying they want game in their own language.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

That seems like a realty bad ideal. Also feels like just a rebranding of server merger. Is this wvw big update?

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Cambeleg.7632Cambeleg.7632 Member ✭✭✭

@kafka.1657 said:

By the way, with ~88% of the world's Spanish speakers in the Americas, why is Baruch Bay part of the EU group?)

This is the most absurd question I've read in a forum. Spain is an EU country, you know? And most of players in BB are Spanish. Just happens that habits and work schedules avoid us to play in same Prime Time as others. Simple.

Seriously, I'm sick to read this kitten about "BB is full of Mexicans". This is racist.

Said this (and I hope any moderator dares to delete this post, 'cos then I'll have to consider if writing directly to Arenanet about allowing this toxic attitude in the official forums), the removal of language specific servers should happen since the first moment Arenanet decided to go into the World Linking. It was a ridiculous mistake to not do it, 'cos actually you can see many servers in WvW (specially in EU) where populations are totally messed 'cos being attached to a rule (the language) that stopped having a meaning to be in WvW after megaservers were released for PvE. The excuse of these servers still existing was PvE, and since this stopped to happen THREE years ago, this had to change by then too. It didn't 'cos laziness... it's the only valid reason I find, tbh.

With all, this isn't what community is waiting. I'll add that Alliances either. They won't change anything, 'cos the problems will remain.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

Time will tell if this is a good thing or bad thing.. lets not kid ourselves though, this is nothing to do with some "WvW" improvement idea, this is a cost reduction exercise, but doing so while avoiding the "we're going to be merging servers" this smells so much about now.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

Really, why is this even an issue? We've been playing on international megaservers for years already. It will be just the same as in PvE. Sure, there are indeed some people who really cannot understand complex explanations in English, but how often are those walls of texts needed, really? If people can do meta events and raids in English speaking groups, I'm sure we will manage with WvW just as fine. :)
    And it's not like all other languages will be banned. Guilds and commanders can still use whatever language they like for their squads.

• Arctisavange.7261Arctisavange.7261 Member ✭✭✭

@Fenella.2634 said:
    Really, why is this even an issue? We've been playing on international megaservers for years already. It will be just the same as in PvE. Sure, there are indeed some people who really cannot understand complex explanations in English, but how often are those walls of texts needed, really? If people can do meta events and raids in English speaking groups, I'm sure we will manage with WvW just as fine. :)
    And it's not like all other languages will be banned. Guilds and commanders can still use whatever language they like for their squads.

PVE isnt a competitive gameplay and you dont need a brain there to command nor understand whats going on (cause pve has predictable mechanics).
    Massive PVP requires coordination and fast information on spot cause the game mode is far more unpredictable and the amount of scenarios that can happen are far more unexpected and tons more numerous compared to PVE land.

Please dont put PVE and WvW on the same spot. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

edited June 16, 2019

@Cambeleg.7632 said:

@kafka.1657 said:

By the way, with ~88% of the world's Spanish speakers in the Americas, why is Baruch Bay part of the EU group?)

This is the most absurd question I've read in a forum. Spain is an EU country, you know? And most of players in BB are Spanish. Just happens that habits and work schedules avoid us to play in same Prime Time as others. Simple.

Seriously, I'm sick to read this kitten about "BB is full of Mexicans". This is racist.

Firstly, have you got some actual server population data to back up your claim or are you just making an assumption based on players you've had contact with during the hours you play?

Secondly, if the Spanish language server had been in NA would you have played over there or would you have stayed with a lower-ping EU server? Please consider that many Spanish speakers in the Americas may be satisfied with the lower ping of NA servers, but would ideally prefer a Spanish language server in the NA region.

And lastly, I mentioned nothing about Mexicans. In fact, I've mostly encountered Argentinians, Colombians, and other South Americans. All great experiences so far, but you probably wouldn't want to hear their opinions of the Spaniards on Baruch Bay. lol ;)

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

@Arctisavange.7261 said:
    Please dont put PVE and WvW on the same spot. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Well... But anyway, the players are the same. I assume they can understand instructions in WvW just as well as they do in PvE. Also, sPvP is pretty much English only, too. I trust in peoples intelligence and ability to learn a few words if needed.

• Ana.2415Ana.2415 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019

@kafka.1657 said:

@Cambeleg.7632 said:

@kafka.1657 said:

Firstly, have you got some actual server population data to back up your claim or are you just making an assumption based on players you've had contact with during the hours you play?

Secondly, if the Spanish language server had been in NA would you have played over there or would you have stayed with a lower-ping EU server? Please consider that many Spanish speakers in the Americas may be satisfied with the lower ping of NA servers, but would ideally prefer a Spanish language server in the NA region.

And lastly, I mentioned nothing about Mexicans. In fact, I've mostly encountered Argentinians, Colombians, and other South Americans. All great experiences so far, but you probably wouldn't want to hear their opinions of the Spaniards on Baruch Bay. lol ;)

Do you have any server population data to back up that most of the players from BB are from South American countries? The question is not "why is Baruch Bay part of the EU group?" the real question is "why is there NOT a Spanish server on NA?".. if the 80% of the spanish speakers r from America".

Why Spaniards have no the same right to have a server of their own like other EU countries (France and Germany) if there is enough population for one? Just because there r other countries from other continent with the same language? It's not our fault. Also they have the right to choose if they wanna play in NA server and make/join a spanish speaker community there or have a higher ping and play with the Spaniards.

@Ana.2415 said:
    Do you have any server population data to back up that most of the players from BB are from South American countries? The question is not "why is Baruch Bay part of the EU group?" the real question is "why is there NOT a Spanish server on NA?".. if the 80% of the spanish speakers r from America".

Nobody here has made any claims about BB's current population breakdown except for Cambeleg.

I was merely wondering why GW2's one and only Spanish speaking server was placed in a region where only 1/8 of the world's Spanish speakers reside. After all, they are intended to be language servers and not national servers. For instance, the German language servers are every bit as much for Austrian players as for Germans.

@kafka.1657 said:

1. Data of what? Of the percentage of Spanish players in BB? Seriously you gonna ask me for data after FIVE years playing there? Don't be kiddo, please.
    2. In the Americas you will find a very LOW number of Spanish players, mostly 'cos same reason BB has a low number of Hispanic players: ping. Those who are lucky to have a good provider, can play in EU, but these are a very low number in comparison. Same could be asked about Canadian and American guilds that are playing in EU for years... or you're gonna ignore this fact 'cos selfish interest? If you gonna blame one side, blame both, don't be hypocrital.
    3. You didn't, but many others did. And about experience of them? Of course I want to hear them, 'cos except a few rotten apples (that exist everywhere, not only in one server), most of people was and is nice players who enjoyed playing there.
  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@PixelJaeger.2403 said:

Oh, I love them and hope so, too. ;) All I am saying is that this new status quo would likely silence some players permanently, perhaps even drive them away, and that would be a shame. As you can see I am not one of them, as I am lucky to be quite fluent in English (and enjoy speaking the language at any given occasion).

@Cambeleg.7632 said:
    Same could be asked about Canadian and American guilds that are playing in EU for years... or you're gonna ignore this fact 'cos selfish interest? If you gonna blame one side, blame both, don't be hypocrital.

Actually, I am a Canadian playing on an EU server. lol :D

• The language is not a problem, I am the RTK commander and we are on the server of UNDERWORLD, the majority in RTK speaks Spanish. But people who do not speak Spanish, follow us without problems, using only basic fight commands. Because most of the wvw players know the game and know what to do.
    Obviously I am committed to learning the language that is most used on the server.
    Speaking different languages ​​in the game has never been a limitation.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

@Wesker Albert.4750 said:

The language is not a problem, I am the RTK commander and we are on the server of UNDERWORLD, the majority in RTK speaks Spanish. But people who do not speak Spanish, follow us without problems, using only basic fight commands. Because most of the wvw players know the game and know what to do.
    Obviously I am committed to learning the language that is most used on the server.
    Speaking different languages ​​in the game has never been a limitation.

I have never seen any Spanish com in wvw and I just tag on the 1st com I see on map... Underworld here too. Always got in English speaking squads. I don't know much bout wvw so I would get serious issues if coms would not speak at least broken English (and I'm not native English).

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

that will be fun. a lot of german commanders want you to join teamspeak and you need to speak and understand german.
    it will be a mess.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• phreeak.1023phreeak.1023 Member ✭✭
    edited June 17, 2019

Baruch has a lot of South Americans/Mexican's. U can't tell me that the Spanish prime time is 4-5hrs shifted from the rest EU. When everyone goes to bed coz ppl have to work next day Baruch is running around with 2 full zones with massive lags.. :D Before that they have the same coverage like every other unlinked national server....

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:
    that will be fun. a lot of german commanders want you to join teamspeak and you need to speak and understand german.
    it will be a mess.

Most commanders sound like loud barking anyway, people wouldnt even notice its german.

@phreeak.1023 said:
    Baruch has a lot of South Americans/Mexican's. U can't tell me that the Spanish prime time is 4-5hrs shifted from the rest EU. When everyone goes to bed coz ppl have to work next day Baruch is running around with 2 full zones with massive lags.. :D Before that they have the same coverage like every other unlinked national server....

I can. Our prime time is already 9-10 PM (GMT+1). It been always like this, except first two years, when all servers were full of people and coverage wasn't a problem. Ask whoever you want, this is so.

"Massive lags"? "2 full zones?" In what world you live? Seriously, the public tag that plays at this hour barely manage to get 20-25. Randoms? Of course, same numbers as you can find in other servers. This "lot" of players between 11 PM-2 AM (GMT+1) you mean, sir, are Spanish players spending time at those hours (including the only guild that plays at those hours, GOLD) 'cos many can't play during the daylight 'cos real life responsibilities. It's true, so, that we actually have a SA tag too, playing when you all are sleeping, but I know this commander and he's jumping of happiness if he hits 15 players in the tag.

Want to complain about this? Alright. But complain too in relation with Whiteside and Aurora, Seafarer and Gunnar, or Desolation, 'cos they have bigger coverage along the day. Ah, but they're not Spanish, so why to complain about bandwagoners... that already aren't Spanish or Hispanic people, mhm?

Complain about how the WvW team keeps using an unfair system, the World Linking, for merging servers that, separately, have more population than others, and when they're linked, they literally stomp the unlinked ones.

Ahead, complain now. I'm all ears.

I'm the first one wanting a balanced field for enjoying, to make PPT and PPK have a fair, balanced value for scoring, 'cos World vs World is more than only fights, and deserves more love by Arenanet than what we get since four years ago. But there is a lot of people who should look at themselves in a mirror and dare to keep their absurd complains about Baruch Bay. Every player spends time when can and want, this is so everywhere.

@kafka.1657 said:
    Actually, I am a Canadian playing on an EU server. lol

So you're a Canadian, good. What are you playing in EU servers then, uh? Ah, you can 'cos your ping allows it, true? Then, why the f*** others can't, and only you're allowed?

Less hypocrisy, please.

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2019

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:
    it will be a mess.

Well then, they're free to have what they can get. I mean, the french weren't exactly that different, having been there and all, one of the reasons I moved to NA. Back then they had the help of french canadians for the night coverage and they've been thrashed around for a while on a certain server because many among the coverage spoke english which was perceived as somehow unacceptable. It'll take some getting used to for those willing to accept it but everything will be more or less fine afterwards, or servers will sink.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2019

@MrForz.1953 said:
    It'll take some getting used to for those willing to accept it but everything will be more or less fine afterwards, or servers will sink.

Of course it will be fine, because people are totally blowing it out of proportions. Even if Anet says there will be no more language specific servers, the community will still have their unofficial servers for it - and in the case of current servers, many will of course remain where they are. It's not like all the Spaniards on Baruch suddenly evaporate into thin air because Anet removes a little flag icon. We had it at launch, with many large alliances joining specific servers. FSP for example was the "unofficial Swedish server".

Plus people seem to be missing the obvious immediate advantage here - loosing the restrictions will finally make them able to delete T5 (otherwise we would have 4 linked german monstrosities).

• ChronoPinoyX.7923ChronoPinoyX.7923 Member ✭✭✭

As far as language barrier and ridiculous inappropriate jokes go, if they are working towards better restructuring WvW, I say let's see where it goes.

I don't exactly know what they have planned but if they are working towards adjusting the one major thing in EU servers, I hope that means that they actually have a planned restructure in WvW and not just 'testing' things as they go along like they usually do...

• i go own the nation.3714i go own the nation.3714 Member ✭✭
    edited June 17, 2019

Well how can french/german/spanish people play games wich are only in english. you can still turn the game into german/french/spanish mode.

Atleast for me i like the idea

1. I can sing German Volksmusic
    2. I can Listen french rap and non non rien change
    3. and i like food so i would take some spanish tapas. Spended once 200 euro at plaza mayor cause we orded tapas for 10 people while we were 4 :-1:

Even as a dutch person i can dive into orther languages. why would it be so hard to go over to english? and we live in 2019 evreything is possible!

For me i would love to have more german/french/spanish people join the eu servers!

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2019

People and guilds move from national to international servers already, if they can understand English enough. The others are just outsiders of the community, which even alliances won't change that much, Which means it won't be inclusive to guilds, but most communities try to invite everyone to be a part of their community.

They should just reduce the EU to four Tiers, but the problem is, you have one spanish speaking server and too many German servers (who are apparently full) currently.

• yumee.1405yumee.1405 Member ✭✭

@i go own the nation.3714 said:
    Well how can french/german/spanish people play games wich are only in english. you can still turn the game into german/french/spanish mode.

Atleast for me i like the idea

1. I can sing German Volksmusic
    2. I can Listen french rap and non non rien change
    3. and i like food so i would take some spanish tapas. Spended once 200 euro at plaza mayor cause we orded tapas for 10 people while we were 4 :-1:

Even as a dutch person i can dive into orther languages. why would it be so hard to go over to english? and we live in 2019 evreything is possible!

For me i would love to have more german/french/spanish people join the eu servers!

I love your post Nation xD

Spread the love guys <3
    Europe hasn't been made by insulting each others and not communicate :)
    We should be abble to go with this as we always do

• I honestly don't know what to say, Anet had promised a change to WvW and I could finally hope to be happy one day... Aaaand BOOM! Here we go again... Removing language restrictions, Walls Health, mounts, Desert BLs, PvE content in WvW, c' mon... You promised positive changes, I saw Anet kill this game-mode over the course of 6 years.

• Rhiannon.1726Rhiannon.1726 Member ✭✭✭

I don't see that as a huge problem. For example on Riverside (DE), we had some international guilds/commanders on our server who sometimes also leaded the puplic zerg and that usually went quite well. Some of them also joined the German commanders as the fight commands (empower, bomb, fake push...) are mostly given in English. I've never heard anyone using the German word for "choke" (the German word would be too long to use in a fight^^).
    The English words "keep", "gate", "home border", "camp" and "EBG" are also regularly used in ts, so most people know them as well.

There are 4 maps to play on, so it shouldn't be a problem to have an English lead on one map and a German/French/Spanish/Russian... lead on another. Especially for those who either don't feel comfortable to lead in English or those who just prefer to talk in their mother tongue.

I don't know the French or Spanish "chat codes" for what is happening, but there isn't much difference between English and German:
    German: inc wt, 30+ Kodasch, 3 katas

The names for some of the locations (wt=Westturm/west tower) may be confusing at first if servers use different words for it, but I think people will get used to the different terms soon. And if someone doesn't know how to say something in English I think there'll be someone to translate it.
    For example I don't know how "bay" and "hill" is called on the DBL in English. We use "Palast" (palace) and "Gruft" (vault, crypt).

And since megaservers people playing on an EU server should be used to read different languages in chat.
    Ther are only some rare individuals left who still have a problem when the chat on a map or a guild advertisement isn't in English ("write in English you baguette/kitten... we have megaservers").
    You just can't help such narrow-minded people. (How can anybody have a problem with a written text in a foreign language? I'll never understand that.)

• Hi everyone,

I'm going to close this thread and redirect people to the official feedback thread we created here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/79608/removing-language-restrictions-for-eu-world-linking/

Note that this is about feedback on this upcoming change, not a thread to make general comments or suggestions about the changed. We want to hear how this is going to affect you, your squad and the gameplay. This feedback will help us understand how the WvW community see this change.

Thank you.

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.