Dragonhunter and trapper rune nerfs are WAY WAY WAY overdue

Bast.7253

11 hours ago, McPero.3287 said:

Well that depends on what build you play against it largely. And not being played in monthly doesn't mean its a joke its still very good in ranked.

Yeah rune needs to be removed not just for DH but for the digusting afk ranger builds. Honestly they might as well change traps to work like marks where you see them.

I'll give you that mota isn't the ultimate factor but it's something to get a idea from. 

All I'm saying is that while it can be a menace while left alone, it's nothing compared to meta builds that reek havoc in a more destructive fashion. 

Take away trapper runes?  I'm all for it. However, there will be less diversity if this happens. 

8 hours ago, McPero.3287 said:

Elite has 105s cd meaning it can do that very rarely compared to thief and leap is not long range and most roamers will catch up to dh and kill it.

There needs to be tradeoff, not all roamers have trap dealing kitten loads of almost insta dps. You can literally kill someone with trap as you run away. Other roamers need to aim, position and to use a sequence of skills to achieve the same.

11k on this spec is not as much of an issue as 15k+ health on other specs - I’m not bitter or anything - this is just my own experience playing DH

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

I'll give you that mota isn't the ultimate factor but it's something to get a idea from. 

All I'm saying is that while it can be a menace while left alone, it's nothing compared to meta builds that reek havoc in a more destructive fashion. 

Take away trapper runes?  I'm all for it. However, there will be less diversity if this happens. 

Who is talking about mota? Mota happened before burn dh was "discovered". 

I mean it is more engaging to play vs "destructive" meta builds such as nade holo, herald then DH. While nades sure aren't peak design, build at least is weak to condi and cc same with Herald. I guess herald evade and block uptime are kinda annoying as well but if you are watching recent AT finals it is not fun playing Herald in teamfights.

Well nobody enjoys playing against any kind of trapper build, ranger or DH, so diversity really isn't important when removing these specs.

22 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

That’s not true, to m having 11k health is not an issue at all. You got heavy armor to endure a hit and then panic skills to get out. You just do the wings leap away, use elite skill for 3s invuln and then lay traps to run away -easy as hell

Without stealth and superspeed laying down traps means nothing. But,  you are absolutely right, no one can chase an 800 leap,  with no swiftness in the meta.  The mental gymnastics... 

Edited by lightDestroyer.1265
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Without stealth and superspeed laying down traps means nothing. But,  you are absolutely right, no one can chase an 800 leap,  with no swiftness in the meta.  The mental gymnastics... 

Kind of straw man accusation over here, it’s not only the leap that helps - traps are still here and do tremendous job. I am not bitter because I play DH myself - it’s just funny to me that people say it’s clunky while it’s not, of course it’s no thief, but it can deal with thieves chasing them pretty well.

2 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

Kind of straw man accusation over here, it’s not only the leap that helps - traps are still here and do tremendous job. I am not bitter because I play DH myself - it’s just funny to me that people say it’s clunky while it’s not, of course it’s no thief, but it can deal with thieves chasing them pretty well.

So i was talking about dh without trapper rune and you mean to say that a thief can't chase a dh without trapper rune?  The mental gymnastics....  Holds true. 

Edited by lightDestroyer.1265

11 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

There needs to be tradeoff, not all roamers have trap dealing kitten loads of almost insta dps. You can literally kill someone with trap as you run away.

The trade off is they can just walk out of a trap literally dont even have to dodge if dont need to just walk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

So i was talking about dh without trapper rune and you mean to say that a thief can't chase a dh without trapper rune?  The mental gymnastics....  Holds true. 

You quoted me on my input on something else, but yes - mental gymnastics - you got it

22 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

The trade off is they can just walk out of a trap literally dont even have to dodge if dont need to just walk.

I wouldn’t say it outweighs the fact traps are so much easier to use than landing a good burst by most other classes. For a record though - my point is not that trapper rune needs to be nerfed, maybe I wrote it in previous posts but I investigated it closer - it is clear it is just fine on DH at least. Just wanted to put it out there as you seem to try to prove it does not need a nerf.

Edited by Mik.3401

On 9/10/2021 at 3:31 PM, Filip.7463 said:

It has ranged weapon, longbow 2 can hit light armored classes for 10k, aa has 2k crit, lb 3 is cc, lb 5 doesnt need full cast, it crits for 4+k and it traps u if u dont have dodge.

sword 2 is teleport, sword 3 projectile block + nice dmg, shield 4 is aegis, shield 5 is projectile block

its heavy armored class, it has invisibility and superspeed.

f1 is reveal, damage mod and pull. F2 is 3k heal, 2 condi cleanse and long range leap. F3 is block, its stunbreak and it grants multiple stacks of stab for nice duration.

His heal is stealth and blind. Its 6k heal + 1200 regen.

It has 2 dmg utilities, procession of blades is good cleave. Both this utilities stealth and grant superspeed.

the last utility is stunbreak + convert all condi to boons

his elite skill is 3s invuln and it refreshes f123

So yes, dh is trash farmable meme build compared to mesmer, sic em sb, holo and thief.

I can literally make any class sound godlike by listing pros like this. 

You're forgetting to mention the build is solely carried by a single rune. 

You can literally achieve this damage on every class in the game. You're basically running the raid build for DH, doing the same with other classes would result in equal, or higher damage. 

The moment trapper runes go, so does DH. And trapper runes really needs to go. Not because it's overpowered in any way shape or form, but because it's unfun and it farms bad people. 

I would love a good dps spec for guard that doesn't revovle around a gimmick one shot. But the class unfortunately has too many flaws for that to ever be a reality outside of Willbender. It's a class without ranged weapons (outside DH LB). It has by far the lowest mobility in the game and can't ever stick to the target. This means they have to one shot or they will never kill anything as it just disengages.

• Like 1

Remove trapper runes and buff DH because trapper runes are suddenly toxic?

57 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

The moment trapper runes go, so does DH. And trapper runes really needs to go. Not because it's overpowered in any way shape or form, but because it's unfun and it farms bad people. 

I can list so many other items that farms bad players and are "unfun" lol... this isn't even a sound argument at all. As always, the thread is full of Silver players not liking trapper runes but to be honest, i have a feeling they're going up against Gold3/Plat DH's because matchmaking is extremely bad. (why do they place silvers with plats??? this should never happen)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Remove trapper runes and buff DH because trapper runes are suddenly toxic?

I can list so many other items that farms bad players and are "unfun" lol... this isn't even a sound argument at all. As always, the thread is full of Silver players not liking trapper runes but to be honest, i have a feeling they're going up against Gold3/Plat DH's because matchmaking is extremely bad. (why do they place silvers with plats??? this should never happen)

I mean don't get me wrong. There are way worse things in the game than trapper DH, but I don't want to derail the thread. But since this build is subpar at high rating, which is where I play; I don't really care if it gets nerfed tbh. There are so many other builds far more problematic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

I can literally make any class sound godlike by listing pros like this. 

You're forgetting to mention the build is solely carried by a single rune. 

You can literally achieve this damage on every class in the game. You're basically running the raid build for DH, doing the same with other classes would result in equal, or higher damage. 

I would love a good dps spec for guard that doesn't revovle around a gimmick one shot. But the class unfortunately has too many flaws for that to ever be a reality outside of Willbender. It's a class without ranged weapons (outside DH LB). It has by far the lowest mobility in the game and can't ever stick to the target. This means they have to one shot or they will never kill anything as it just disengages.

dh has more sustain than other classes doing less damage. And no raid build for holo doesnt do damage in pvp, neither raid build for renegade or herald

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

dh has more sustain than other classes doing less damage. And no raid build for holo doesnt do damage in pvp, neither raid build for renegade or herald

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're clueless or both. 

DH without trapper runes are free food for just about every class in the game. And both rev and engi on full on dps builds will do around equal damage. Might trade some burst for more consistent damage or vice versa.

12 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're clueless or both. 

DH without trapper runes are free food for just about every class in the game. And both rev and engi on full on dps builds will do around equal damage. Might trade some burst for more consistent damage or vice versa.

Why are u saying “dh without trapper rune”?

Edited by Filip.7463
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:46 AM, McPero.3287 said:

Well but thief can just stealth and run away at almost every point, which DH can do to some degree as well ofc but you can chase it down. DH is much more killable then a thief, but your experience might be differnet because thief players often greed and die when they could 100% live.

Does DH have 900 range spammable port, blind spam, instant cast unblockable boon steal daze ability?

U should go play thief and try spamming that 900 range port u speak of, at a cost of 8 ini see if u still consider it a spamable port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2