Poll: Naked Charr - show your fur?

moony.5780

Poll: Naked Charr - Show your fur?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Should charr have more armor skins that show their fur?

• Yes, but not 100% naked
    • Yes, even 100% naked while wearing an armor
    • No
    • Other

Yes. Same for showing off sylvari glow and patterns and norn tattoos. I wouldn't want any of my characters to be completely naked, but some more options to show off charr fur patterns would be nice. For me bare arms and shorts with shoes that don't go up to the knee (or sandals, so it's just straps round the leg) would be enough, but even that's hard to come by.

For my male thief there's 4 options for bare arms, 1 of which is the starter armour (Rawhide Vest) and 2 are otherwise quite bulky (Drover Coat and Forgeman Jacket). That leaves the Corsair Jerkin. There's also a few with 1 arm bare and one fully covered but that's not much of a choice. There's no options for bare legs, except using the invisible boots, because all the others go right up to the knee and there's no trousers which don't cover everything else.

Outfits are a bit better. The wedding and cook's outfits both do a good job showing the fur pattern without actually being revealing. Oddly the Elonian Elementalist outfit which is very revealing on humanoid races doesn't show much on charr. There's t-shirt and shorts outfits of course, but aside from the Seize the Awkward one they're hard to get hold of.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don't necessarily agree with that assessment.  A player can put a lot of work into a charr or sylvari only to have the bulk of their appearance covered by armor/outfits.  Charr fur patterns and/or sylvari glow patterns are almost irrelevant because they are pretty much never seen other than at character creation.

I think having armor/outfits that help to showcase these patterns isn't an unreasonable request.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

If its bad for charr to wear revealing armor, then why are cats outside on the streets allowed to walk around freely without pants and pullover? 😛

Also there are some official charr artwork that are not showing charr in a potatobag only. I'm not saying that there should be even more naked female humans running around...There r so many already of them...so why can't a war cat show their fur? They don't get a cold...

Sure, I'd be interested in seeing some armor for my charr just to show off some fur patterns.  Mine have full armor on, except where you can see some toesies and face, but it would be nice to have some that had a cutout or something to see some of the color and pattern.  Agree that would be universally true for other races, just a hint of it, not another giant Norn woman in booty shorts.  Besides ever try to put a cat in a sweater?  Me either.

• Like 2

Hearty agreement on more revealing armor. I have loved Sylvari bioluminescence from the very beginning of this game, and there are a tiny number of female skins that show it, and an even tinier number of male. Even among the "skimpy" armors, it's often the back that is covered (where there is bioluminescence) and the stomach that is revealed (where there is none).

I don't care much for playing Charr for various reasons, but the only thing that would get me to do so would be seeing more of their fur patterns, which are amazing.

Love the mottling on the Asura, too, though it's largely covered up as well.

• Like 5

All races need this though, I mean FFXIV does it~ you have access to it as early as Lv.15 when you unlock the 'wardrobe' and can freely hide any armor piece... and they are the critically acclaimed MMORPG with award winning expansions so it certainly only enhanced the game's enjoyment rather than destroy the planet like Anet thinks would happen.

As a Sylvari though I am jealous of the Charr T3 Male racial for medium, it's literally the one and only revealing chest piece for male medium. Sylvari also have effects and patterns we can't show off, plus we're trees anyways. When have you seen a tree wear clothes before? If I went outside and saw a pine tree with a giant trenchcoat covering the whole thing I'd be so confused.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2

Norn (tattoos), Charr (fur types), and Sylvari (body type and glow) could really use some racial armors that can show off their unique designs. Just hiding their armor does jack since the rags they wear generally don’t match other armor pieces.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 4

The fact that they didn't include more armour sets with less clothing on them when they literally made near naked Necros and Monks back in GW1 is beyond me. 

All the effort to make these unique elements of racial characteristics just goes out the window with most of the armour they designed. Being able to hide more pieces of armour would be one way to alleviate this and we already know they can do it since they do it with Head, Shoulders and Gloves, but I also think they should design armour with more nuanced pieces of clothing on it. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

The fact that they didn't include more armour sets with less clothing on them when they literally made near naked Necros and Monks back in GW1 is beyond me. 

Ah, the good old Elite Scar speedo outfit. And I miss the (non-elite) luxon chest piece my (male) assassin wore which was just small body armor ninja-vest without a buttcape in sight.

• Like 1

What i really hate is that the armor skins are completely different on my asura than my human. Most look nothing alike, take for example masquerade https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Masquerade_armor on both charr and asura is looks bad no revealing areas like on the human, no gown effect. If it looked the same on as on human it would show patterns nicely, even norn and sylvari get the full effect and can show off their tats and patterns.

10 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

What i really hate is that the armor skins are completely different on my asura than my human. Most look nothing alike, take for example masquerade https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Masquerade_armor on both charr and asura is looks bad no revealing areas like on the human, no gown effect. If it looked the same on as on human it would show patterns nicely, even norn and sylvari get the full effect and can show off their tats and patterns.

Yeah, they pretty much punted with female Asura and Charr when they just decided to throw male armor on them. I like the overall choice in the design of the characters not to have human-like dimorphism, but defaulting to male armor leads to a lot of lost opportunity. I guess it would have required designing a whole third look for each set, though.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gibson.4036 said:

Yeah, they pretty much punted with female Asura and Charr when they just decided to throw male armor on them. I like the overall choice in the design of the characters not to have human-like dimorphism, but the choice to just default to male armor leads to a lot of loss opportunity. I guess it would have required designing a whole third look for each set, though.

Make me sad, I have a pretty little asura and she should be able to wear female versions. Same with the charr females I would love to see a charr female ele in a backless version with the gown, you can see her fur pattern then, and tell she is female right off the bat. My asura has a pattern down her back I would like to see it because i made her that way for a reason.

• Like 1