Daredevil Legendary Staff Idéa

Tarritoz.9645

Not enough staffs to choose from on Daredevil, as a daredevil main I've come to the conclusion of that there's just about two good daredevil staffs and it's the "daredevil's staff" and "Bo", there's no legendary that really fits with the daredevil exept those. Thinking of if they could re-use Bo as a legendary just thinking about the fact that it's a legendary staff in Asian Culture, a staff that Wukong used, the king of apes that could walk on clouds. The animation could be clouds surrounding your main arm and the walk path could be small clouds as if you're walking on coulds. When you equip it it could have a gust of wind appear and when you swing it it could have a small cloud trail. That's my personal opinion, could even have a light and dark theme, light theme is white clouds and dark theme is storm clouds, let me know what the community thinks abou this idéa, or if I'm the only one.

Daredevil and Revenant both use staves in melee rather than ranged. I'm just not sure how many Daredevils and Revenants with staves there are. I really have no idea, but there are plenty of staff skins that would fit melee better.

Examples of melee staves are:

Branded Staff

Blood Legion Staff

Bloodstone Staf

Destroyer Scythe

Dragon Slayer Staff

Forged Staff

well take a look yourself https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_staves

You might not like the skins of other melee staves but you are mistaken if you think that Anet can read your mind and make a legendary staff to your specific liking. I don't know if there would be much demand for such a legendary. I mean, I really don't have any idea.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am really enjoying my daredevil and wholeheartedly agree that the weapons doesn't feel like they fit the role.

Currently I am using The staff of Fortune which doesn't feel right,  but I am a sucker for orange and piggies. 

This is not in game but I enjoyed some concept art for legendary weapons that I saw on GW2 reddit by Achromant, Legendary Staff Concept: Pillar of Creation. Not sure if it fits the bill, but the chaos vortex looks like it would work for one of the skills. 

Edited by Philapa.3842
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Daredevil and Revenant both use staves in melee rather than ranged. I'm just not sure how many Daredevils and Revenants with staves there are. I really have no idea, but there are plenty of staff skins that would fit melee better.

Examples of melee staves are:

Branded Staff

Blood Legion Staff

Bloodstone Staf

Destroyer Scythe

Dragon Slayer Staff

Forged Staff

well take a look yourself https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_staves

You might not like the skins of other melee staves but you are mistaken if you think that Anet can read your mind and make a legendary staff to your specific liking. I don't know if there would be much demand for such a legendary. I mean, I really don't have any idea.

I like those ideas and Darkspear, Dreamwalker,  and Oblivion aren't bad options either.

I like the idea of a legendary Ape-King staff.

I was looking for staff options for my Daredevil recently as well, and will add that https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plasma_Staff_Skin looks like it could function as a melee staff. According to the wiki, it's only 24g on the TP right now. Doesn't really fit my Daredevil's aesthetic, or I would totally have bought it.

Edited by Gibson.4036

I have looked into all the other staff otions and the arcane battlestaff is the closest one to fit the bill with having blades on both sides. Scythes look awesome but are bulky and does not feel right for a daredevil to use. The staffs in the game are awesome but most of them are just that, a staff with one small end and the other bulky. would want a uniform staff, wish I could draw so I could show on example of what I'm thinking 😛

2 hours ago, Tarritoz.9645 said:

I have looked into all the other staff otions and the arcane battlestaff is the closest one to fit the bill with having blades on both sides. Scythes look awesome but are bulky and does not feel right for a daredevil to use. The staffs in the game are awesome but most of them are just that, a staff with one small end and the other bulky. would want a uniform staff, wish I could draw so I could show on example of what I'm thinking 😛

There's a serious lack of quality normal skins that look good with thief animations and stances, Bo and the Flintlock are still the best looking options I think and the Mordrem Sabre as far as swords go. Weapon choices are as difficult as our armor/clothing choices in finding a full set that is just good artwork with dye texture and maybe some appropriate effects on a couple of pieces. 

I get it, people want to stand out a bit so when they're looking stoic on the corner of the wall towards the enemy keep from a freshly taken SMC, people will do a double take and be like, "who dat?" I want to be noticeable to my own side so people know where I'm at and might see me getting wrecked in their peripheral or something but I don't want to be that guy the other side points out for their squad to grab the clown with thicc shoulder pads and trench coat and all the sparkly stuff.

Side note Anet; please fix the Sublime medium chest piece light effect to not be so bright and to show off the dye color in the effect more so that part on the armor doesn't have to look pitch black.

Edited by kash.9213
  • Haha 1

Who in their right mind decided to limit spears to be only under-water weapons? what kind of absolute monkey resigns the most popular land-based hunting and war tool to be a strictly underwater weapon?!

So yeah. Land-spears, I am hijacking this thread for this line of text and now I am going to disappear to sulk over the wasted potential. *crai*

Edited by TwiceDead.1963
SPEAHS!

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping for a giant Guandao legendary weapon in Cantha or a Scythe~ but instead we got crappy anti-eye-health flash bang grenade themed weapons that are essentially a larger brighter Bifrost~ A legendary I already didn't like.

So I'll just continue using Dreamwalker scythe forever.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1