Skyscale quality of life is one thing

27 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

As someone who just joined WvW a few weeks ago and went through getting the Warclaw, it's not at all useless. Yes, it feels glacially slow compared to the rest of the mounts in the game (I wonder if it would tie with Skimmer on land), but it is definitely faster than running.

If you are fortunate to find a group sharing speed boosts (through Warclaw or other), you can keep up on foot. Otherwise, there's no way.

That is an excellent point. You need to be right on whoever is leading the charge, and keep laser focused, even with Skyscale. It would make sense to boost the post-meta Champs HP some.

The warclaw was much better before the nerfs and that running buff is because people complained about not having the mount and lagging behind instead of actually bothering to do the stuff needed to get one. I hope anet doesn't cave in to the people who are basically trying to get a skyscale for zero effort, coming from someone who did it as it was intended, and then watched that being nerfed as well.

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 6:38 AM, Narathkor.8541 said:

I could agree with that, Gliding only in Hots and associated season maps, gliding + mounts in PoF and associated seaon maps and anything in the future where mounts were considered, and disable both in core tyria where mounts and gliding were not a thought at all, I could get behind this.

And I'd stop playing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kharmin.7683 said:

If a player doesn't like one-shotting raids, then they can make their own raid group.  Your comparison is flawed.

How other players choose to use or not use mounts does not affect another player's ability to complete content.  Players are responsible for their own integrity of experience.

Uh no, because this is an mmo. your argument justifies hacking and botting and RMTing, because on a principle level, why would anyone care how anyone else accomplished something.

This isn't a singleplayer game. It's a shared online world. In fact, since it doesn't matter how other people access content, why not release a new map that gives out a skyscale and all the legendaries for free? I'm sure you'd be fine with that since you don't care about the integrity of the shared experience.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Gatzy.1043 said:

Uh no, because this is an mmo. your argument justifies hacking and botting and RMTing, because on a principle level, why would anyone care how anyone else accomplished something.

This isn't a singleplayer game. It's a shared online world. In fact, since it doesn't matter how other people access content, why not release a new map that gives out a skyscale and all the legendaries for free? I'm sure you'd be fine with that since you don't care about the integrity of the shared experience.

My point justifies none of that.  Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion.

No, GW2 is not marketed as a single player game, but there are many, many players in the game who play it as such.  The rest of your post is pure hyperbole, so I won't even bother with it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

My point justifies none of that.  Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion.

your argument is "why should you care how other players do content". that is how what I'm saying relates.

22 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

The rest of your post is pure hyperbole, so I won't even bother with it.

it's hyperbole to show that your argument doesn't work on principle. if "why should you care how other players do content" doesn't work for RMT, botting, or hacking, why would it stand up to other forms of people shortcutting content?

it's also just garbage design especially in this game where horizontal progression is king to have progression that invalidates huge swathes of old progression.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

The warclaw was much better before the nerfs and that running buff is because people complained about not having the mount and lagging behind instead of actually bothering to do the stuff needed to get one. I hope anet doesn't cave in to the people who are basically trying to get a skyscale for zero effort, coming from someone who did it as it was intended, and then watched that being nerfed as well.

Lol, no. The main complaint was that people can freely avoid combat. Getting it wasn't a complaint from most WvW players who could have easily filled in the reward track with daily potions. Though it was a problem for non-wvers, but they didn't nerf the warclaw for them. That's why the nerfs reduced the health and the dodges, as well as adding a lance to more easily force combat.

Even as is, you can leap through entire zergs without taking damage because of its immunity to CC.  The engage skill also can do a good 5-7k damage and serves as a gap closer. 

You aren't wrong that the Warclaw is only somewhat faster than swiftness, but that's missing the point. If you get hit by anything when not mounted, you get put in combat which slows you down greatly.

Regardless there is no real need to make Skyscale easier to get.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gatzy.1043 said:

Hold on ... the label of MMO doesn't change the truth of what he said, nor does how YOU want to define the game as 'isn't single player game'. That's just your own imposition of what the game is, which is a completely contrived argument. The fact is that the game can be played however someone wants to play it and someone having mounts and someone else not having them doesn't impact that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Lol, no. The main complaint was that people can freely avoid combat. Getting it wasn't a complaint from most WvW players who could have easily filled in the reward track with daily potions. Though it was a problem for non-wvers, but they didn't nerf the warclaw for them. That's why the nerfs reduced the health and the dodges, as well as adding a lance to more easily force combat.

Even as is, you can leap through entire zergs without taking damage because of its immunity to CC.  The engage skill also can do a good 5-7k damage and serves as a gap closer. 

You aren't wrong that the Warclaw is only somewhat faster than swiftness, but that's missing the point. If you get hit by anything when not mounted, you get put in combat which slows you down greatly.

Regardless there is no real need to make Skyscale easier to get.

No in context to the post i was responding too it was all about the running buff and nothing about the other thousand reasons they changed it.

32 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

No in context to the post i was responding too it was all about the running buff and nothing about the other thousand reasons they changed it.

Which still doesn't make any sense. They didn't nerf the running buff because "because people complained about not having the mount and lagging behind instead of actually bothering to do the stuff needed to get one. "

The nerf happened during the Feb 2020 patch which nerfed most things in WvW. The Warclaw had already been there nearly a year at this point, so any WvW regular would have had plenty of time to get it.

Besides, it would have made more sense to make it easier to get, if acquisition was actually a problem.

I mean, the reply chain started with you saying the Warclaw was useless. That was just the last page. Although it is pretty useless in PvE though I guess. They should do something about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatzy.1043 said:

that's not my impression, it's literally an mmorpg. tf is wrong with you? and it being an mmorpg means that the integrity of the online world needs to be somewhat maintained.

You need to hit the reset button here ... MMO simply means you play in an environment where other players exist as well ... there is no implication in that term that indicates it's specific to single player or group play.

There is no impact to the online world 'integrity' if some people have mounts and others don't. Literally EVERY MMO has players that have things others don't. Just because it's labeled MMO doesn't mean there is a problem with that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Literally EVERY MMO has players that have things others don't. Just because it's labeled MMO doesn't mean there is a problem with that. 

Honestly, I’m sure it’s a feature in the minds of the developers. Having an elite portion of the player base with exclusive shinies motivates a portion of the player base to keep chasing them and the elites to keep staying ahead.

Disparity is motivating, ugly as that can be.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Honestly, I’m sure it’s a feature in the minds of the developers. Having an elite portion of the player base with exclusive shinies motivates a portion of the player base to keep chasing them and the elites to keep staying ahead.

Disparity is motivating, ugly as that can be.

It doesn't even have to be 'elite' or 'exclusive' I can assure you most of the people that own skyscales aren't some elite group and Skyscale entry fee is simply owning PoF. That's why the complaint about skyscale doesn't make sense; it's content that is reasonably obtained by anyone who owns PoF. It's certainly not sensible for people to argue that ownership differences ruins the 'social integrity' of the game. That's just absurd. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It doesn't even have to be 'elite' or 'exclusive' I can assure you most of the people that own skyscales aren't some elite group and Skyscale entry fee is simply owning PoF. That's why the complaint about skyscale doesn't make sense; it's content that is reasonably obtained by anyone who owns PoF. It's certainly not sensible for people to argue that ownership differences ruins the 'social integrity' of the game. That's just absurd. 

Totally agreed regarding Skyscale.

My point was just that MMOs thrive on disparity.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

Warclaw's a different situation because its speed has an effect of chasing other players who can't mount up because they're "in combat."

The speed we have now still gives players some opportunity to juke an enemy group that crashes a smaller fight, at least if they're using typical roamer builds with some mobility skills.

9 hours ago, Gatzy.1043 said:

it's also just garbage design especially in this game where horizontal progression is king to have progression that invalidates huge swathes of old progression.

Even if you ride the Skyscale everywhere for maximum laziness, all your other stuff is still quite valuable:

Raptor — best engage skill of any mount (very high-value for any build that doesn't have a pull as powerful as Chapter 3 Heated Rebuke or Call to Anguish).

Springer — big burst of extra CC against open-world bosses.

Jackal — this was always competing with Raptor more than anything else.

Skimmer — it's now an underwater mount.

Roller Beetle and Griffon — fastest mounts, highest "skill cap," lots of great dedicated race content.

Gliding — saves your butt in combat, leyline and bloodstone upgrades are great for mobility.

Aurene Crystal Whatsits Masteries — really good synergy with Skyscale.

10 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Which still doesn't make any sense. They didn't nerf the running buff because "because people complained about not having the mount and lagging behind instead of actually bothering to do the stuff needed to get one. "

The nerf happened during the Feb 2020 patch which nerfed most things in WvW. The Warclaw had already been there nearly a year at this point, so any WvW regular would have had plenty of time to get it.

Besides, it would have made more sense to make it easier to get, if acquisition was actually a problem.

I mean, the reply chain started with you saying the Warclaw was useless. That was just the last page. Although it is pretty useless in PvE though I guess. They should do something about that.

i'm not talking about how you get a warclaw, i have no idea where you are getting that from. And they did complain about it, maybe if i have the time i'll hunt those threads down. 

Here's kinda one 

But there was more...

Edited by Dami.5046

There's people who still don't have a skyscale yet?!
I thought unless you're a fresh new player all of us longtime palyers must have one. Got mine in the first week when it was released and the timegates were much worse. Now you onyl need like half of that time so it's not hard to achieve. Even for newer players. Oh and if it's about the gold, well... The agme literally throws money at you these days without effort so gold actually is kinda worthless now. I remember when it was much harder to farm. So the cost for the mount isn't problem either. 
Just get yourself together and actively work on the mount for at least 12h a day and you'll have it in no time. Then you can cheese stuff around like everyone else. 

Edited by Cynder.2509
*people
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

As someone who just joined WvW a few weeks ago and went through getting the Warclaw, it's not at all useless. Yes, it feels glacially slow compared to the rest of the mounts in the game (I wonder if it would tie with Skimmer on land), but it is definitely faster than running.

Well that kinda depends on whether or not you have a speed boost as part of your build. The Warclaw increases your speed 30% so my WvW character has that already so I can just walk and keep up with people on Warclaws. However, the reason I use the Warclaw still is because of its charge jump. That makes it faster than walking for me.

Btw, the Warclaw in WvW is slower than in PvE and in WvW it's slower than the Skimmer on land. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed  go to the mount section to see the various speeds of mounts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dami.5046 said:

i'm not talking about how you get a warclaw, i have no idea where you are getting that from. And they did complain about it, maybe if i have the time i'll hunt those threads down. 

Here's kinda one 

But there was more...

You said

"The warclaw was much better before the nerfs and that running buff is because people complained about not having the mount and lagging behind instead of actually bothering to do the stuff needed to get one."

Implying people were complaining because they were not getting it. What else could I have inferred from that?

Also linking a thread with not even 2 pages of posts isn't anything. and only has to do with complaining about the strength of  the warclaw.

Here's some real complaints about the Warclaw:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/49892-new-mount-is-too-fast-change-my-mind/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/50218-warclaw-kills-roaming/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/49756-warclaw-destroyed-my-class/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/61087-current-state-of-warclaw-balance/page/2/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/49816-warclaw-killed-wvw-for-me/

Of course this is really off topic, so like I said in my previous post I am more replying to the entire line of discussion about the warclaw that entered this thread. Namely, I was disagreeing with:

19 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

Ho hum, this is turning into a warclaw thread isn't it? Nerfed that so god dammed hard you might as well just run in wvw. Total waste. almost Useless mount. 

Let's not make the skyscale useless, K? 

Of course, it's not really right to compare Warclaw to Skyscale anyways. Warclaw is the only mount in WvW, while Skyscale has alternatives.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm just started to play this game 3-4 weeks ago but I'm already ready to get my Skyscale.

- charged quartz ready (thanks to the festival event - unlimited source of crystals)

- map materials soon ready (new achievements - free materials)

Doing the rest of the LW4 episodes

I don't know why people tell that only "elites" have skyscales, on every world boss minimum half of the people riding a skyscale.

Requirements?

- free materials with achievements

- free LW4 episodes

- minimal gold requirement - very easy to farm it or just gather it passively (daily etc)

You just have to play the game and you get it easily

If it is hard for people I can't even imagine what they will do on the real hard contents

Edited by Zentao.6314
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1