New elite specialization: The Vindicator

Telgum.6071

Just now, Brimwood.7963 said:

Looks incredibly boring but I wasn't expecting anything after Greatsword was announced as the weapon. Don't see how this has anything to do with Canthan lore either. Was hoping for a Ritualist style of play with Scepter or Focus which would have fit the class way better.

wait for the Elementalist or Ranger elite spec. You may still get Ritualist 

2 hours ago, Elric.4713 said:

Looks underwhelming to say the least.

As some of us have feared, it's doesn't seem to bring anything new.

Huh? How so? Seem we getting Daredevil's grandmaster trait mechanics (since we can't get normal skills because of legend system). Those ground slams seem interesting especially if this has some good close quarters defensiveness.  Tank and Healer are my two favorite roles in WvW. So this could be my tank build if it has what it take. But I may be bias here.

After the disappointment of Willbender, I am refraining from making any sort of major judgments. I don't feel any particular way yet, so hopefully Friday will paint a much clearer picture. I don't mind the recycled Gravedigger animation because it is epic regardless. Color palette of the animations makes me think Exordium would look gorgeous with it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

After the disappointment of Willbender, I am refraining from making any sort of major judgments. I don't feel any particular way yet, so hopefully Friday will paint a much clearer picture. I don't mind the recycled Gravedigger animation because it is epic regardless. Color palette of the animations makes me think Exordium would look gorgeous with it.

Keep in mind, the difference between Guardian and us is that Guardians have options. We don't. So the impact won't be felt as hard on us as it did Willbender.  As a Revenant main, the reality that you really have no customization is something we all at some point lock that sadness away. This why I say Revenant should be everybody's first class in GW2. Once you done it once, and then play other classes ,you going to be blown away....

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Keep in mind, the difference between Guardian and us is that Guardians have options. We don't. So the impact won't be felt as hard on us as it did Willbender.  As a Revenant main, the reality that you really have no customization is something we all at some point lock that sadness away. This why I say Revenant should be everybody's first class in GW2. Once you done it once, and then play other classes ,you going to be blown away....

yup my main is guardian 😄 recently went back to revenant and it seems way weeker when it came out, i often die in wvw while taking camp alone lol. While with guardian i am often full hp while killing everything. Power revenant should get some 25% dmg buffs, or vindicator if its good. 

• Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

That's quite the myopic view. Yes, you have customization, now go ahead and put Bane Signet and Sword of Justice in your skill bar, because no other skill is good for damage. 

What other classes have that rev lacks are the smaller choices. You want stability, you swap a single skill for Stand your Ground, but your gameplaying experience is largely unchanged. Revenant has to swap half their build to get Jalis, and that leads to a very different experience depending on your legend choices. You might find it bad, but it's the reason why rev doesn't bore me compared to other classes. 

• Like 1

It's the same it was with the other 3 professions. I don't see something out of the ordinary yet. So far the Virtuoso is appealing the most to me even though i am gonna miss those clones. Willbender sucks and so does the Iron maiden. Vindicator seems to fall into the same line. All this wait just to be disappointed even before this is being released is really annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, makagoto.1204 said:

It's the same it was with the other 3 professions. I don't see something out of the ordinary yet. So far the Virtuoso is appealing the most to me even though i am gonna miss those clones. Willbender sucks and so does the Iron maiden. Vindicator seems to fall into the same line. All this wait just to be disappointed even before this is being released is really annoying. 

virtuoso looks like the most boring spec so far. Just a spec for tagging loot in zerging while being purple. Its such noob bait.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

Possibly only gets 1 dodge but has a boatload (eod pun intended) of mobility

Mirage still gets played in PVP but in WVW it is rather rare.

If this gets one dodge I don't see it supplanting herald in any fashion (fury/might/swiftness from facets as well as infuse light heal) unless the AOE does extreme damage on the utilities and the Greatsword skills.

I remain cautiously optimistic for it in PVE though. If it has one dodge it will be highly unlikely you lose 33% crit chance on dodge , plus presumably you get an additional DPS weapon (greatsword) , which makes it already better than renegade for me in that sense.

We don't get secondary professions in GW2 so this is going to be some sort of thief hybrid it looks like. It isn't a hybrid with say warrior or guardian because it's mobility focused. Either way those mobility skills are leaps or dashes unless they are shadowsteps : from the video it appears to be leaps and dashes much like the willbender. The differentiation from shiro legend would be not needing a target I guess.

Edited by Infusion.7149

5 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

Lol adding in a damage spec to make up for all the damage removed a couple years ago. Still with the huge telegraphs and long animations too. Apparently no dodges or something. Should be rich playing a melee spec like this rofl.

Its heavy armor daredevil time. Likely get some leap finishers as well. Just need some smoke fields to pwn folks like Thief in WvW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

yup my main is guardian 😄 recently went back to revenant and it seems way weeker when it came out, i often die in wvw while taking camp alone lol. While with guardian i am often full hp while killing everything. Power revenant should get some 25% dmg buffs, or vindicator if its good. 

I think Revenant is good enough on WvW as Renegade or Condi Herald, despite the lack of mobility. It can clear camps easily without problems with ease, (just not as easier as Guardian). If you go power Glint/Shiro you'll have some problems yes, but mainly because that is like clearing camps as a thief. Bring Jalis, Mallyx or even Kalla and you won't have problems clearin camps anymore.

Revenant (WvW) doesn't need more damage buffs, at least not those buffs that are based on pure numbers.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If this gets one dodge I don't see it supplanting herald in any fashion (fury/might/swiftness from facets as well as infuse light heal) unless the AOE does extreme damage on the utilities and the Greatsword skills.

I remain cautiously optimistic for it in PVE though. If it has one dodge it will be highly unlikely you lose 33% crit chance on dodge , plus presumably you get an additional DPS weapon (greatsword) , which makes it already better than renegade for me in that sense.

It's the third wave of e-specs, it's fine if they are not good in all game modes. Worse case scenario, the traits and weapon might be good enough to justify using 2 core legends, like renegade does in pvp.

The one area rev was lacking is pve power damage, and this seems like exactly what it's trying to do.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, makagoto.1204 said:

I have placed all my hope into the Oni mask Thief spec. That at least looks like it could be something radically different from the existing class and Thief as a class is more one-dimensional than Revenant. Hopefully that spec is announced this week.

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

if this spec has some tankiness to it which I am suspecting,  the damage and the movement elements alongside Hammer could be meta level. Hammer only works with damage buffing legends like Shiro and Herald. So if the mechanics lock out Shiro or something crazy like that without compensation,  yeah it could be trash in that situation.  But doubt Anet would do something crazy like that.

1 minute ago, Brimwood.7963 said:

I have placed all my hope into the Oni mask Thief spec. That at least looks like it could be something radically different from the existing class and Thief as a class is more one-dimensional than Revenant. Hopefully that spec is announced this week.

This week is rev/war/ele with the reveal stream on Friday and the beta next week. 

• Like 1