Do you believe the devs are so disconnected with ele community to make ANOTHER melee spec?

Vissarion.6509

6 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

GW2 puts out content every 4 years, it better be amazing and exactly what the community wanted.

The Elementalist community has also, for a longer time and arguably louder to the point where they argued to add a game breaking bug to make a class feel complete, been arguing that Elementalist needs greater survivability.  If they had dropped this Glass Long Ranger class, you don't think there would be a lot of players also upset that they are, once again, pushing the Elementalist into this idea that it needs to be high risk, high reward? That for another spec it is once again going to melt if an enemy so much as looks at you? I for one am pumped about an elite spec that might not need us to fully commit to defensive armor to stay alive.

The fact that there is a great debate going on with people who both love and dislike the hammer show that the community is not as unified as people believed.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

None of that changes what I said ... none. You talk like the slightest mis-step from Anet and GW2 is done for ... yet history proves you wrong. It's not like the previous especs were exactly what everyone wanted either ... yet here we are, no problems, no 'game death' or whatever other doom prophesies you want to spout. Again, what the 'community' wants isn't a single, unified thing, so go ahead and continue to pretend everyone wants the same thing ... but it's wrong. 

No, fearmongering to get what you want won't work, ever. 

Funny, because of HoT and PoF powercreep quite a bit of players left the game.
I wonder why WvW was forced into having links, oh right people left the game, because A-net does everything beside what they were asked to do.
I wonder why PvP is struggling with number of players, oh right people left the game, because A-net does everything beside what they were asked to do.
Game is dying for quite a bit of time, new shinies may bring some fresh blood, but for how long?
Just because you think you're right, doesn't mean that you're right.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DraconusShade.4590 said:

Is there a debate though? 

There seem to be people who are fine with Weaver and seem to be fine with getting a ranged option and others who are complaining about melee. 

Then you have one known troll arguing with the ones who asked for ranged option. 

Yes? There are plenty of folks in this thread here who are fine with hammer, excited by it, are curious how it will play, or at the very least aren't shutting out the possibility that Catalyst will change the way Staff/Scepter player. in addition to those who are upset about it. Personally, I'm taking issue with folks coming in here and acting like the Elementalist community, at some convention I clearly wasnt invited too, agreed as a whole that we needed a range weapon and anything less than that was ANet completely being out of touched with what we wanted.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

Also a long time Ele main here, I'm so pissed that I'm about to quit right now. Glad that I held out my preorder. Now I'm going back Diablo to enjoy Sorceress.

Why the hell do they make an mage into a heavy melee class with slow attack speed? Hello? This is the squishiest class here! You expect us to face tank the enemy with no agility? This is supposed to be a spellcaster class!

Is the development budget so low that all they can do is recycle familiar formulas only for the purpose to fill the void?

Remember how each Heart of Thorns trailers and new elite spec designs got us exited? Now look at this mess of an expansion from top to bottom, everything simply screams low effort creation.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

Yes? There are plenty of folks in this thread here who are fine with hammer, excited by it, are curious how it will play, or at the very least aren't shutting out the possibility that Catalyst will change the way Staff/Scepter player. in addition to those who are upset about it. Personally, I'm taking issue with folks coming in here and acting like the Elementalist community, at some convention I clearly wasnt invited too, agreed as a whole that we needed a range weapon and anything less than that was ANet completely being out of touched with what we wanted.

You know why people act like that? Because GW2 puts out content once every 4 years.

That's 4 full years they have to be stuck with something they didn't want.

That's another 4 years asking for something they never got.

If GW2 had a normal dev cycle like other MMOs, people wouldn't be this upset because the next expac will be here soon.

Then there's also game balance. GW2 alrwdy frustrates the playerbase with kitten balance patches that also take a really long time to arrive compared to other MMOs.

It took them 4 years to get Scourge to do the things they advertised it would do. That's literally showing people a product, taking money from them and then breaking it.

The egregiously long dev cycle keep stabbing them in the back and Anet doesn't seem to realise it. The community wouldn't be so divided and bitter if the cycles were faster so everyone gets to have what they want.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

You know why people act like that? Because GW2 puts out content once every 4 years.

... or a long list of other reasons ... for example, the fact that people think the game should cater to their individual desires. 

The fact is that even if Anet had a development cycle of 10 minutes, people would still complain about content being released they don't like. No, the same people would be complaining, regardless of the development cycle. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

27 minutes ago, Thaia.5146 said:

No. Just no. I don't accept the fact that I will probably have to wait another 4 or more years for a decent ranged spec.

people been waiting a awful lot longer then that 😛 Anet have done ranged gameplay 0 justice ever realistically.

22 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

So don't come here spouting nonsense about "9th year achievement" and bs like that. ESO came onto the same category with a kitten engine and a thousand performance bugs and it still managed to get a larger playerbase than GW2 despite the horrendous lootbox system *and a subscription incentive*.

It doesn't take much to replicate what GW2 did and ESO proved it. 

Ofcourse ESO Does.. just like any MMORPG with housing.. they tend to remain populated.. cause alot of companies dont seem to understand the sheer quantity of playters who will log on daily to maintain a house.

25 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

GW2 puts out content every 4 years, it better be amazing and exactly what the community wanted.

except Hammer ele is Exactly what i a Person of the community wanted? lol.

this is so circumstantual.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

The egregiously long dev cycle keep stabbing them in the back and Anet doesn't seem to realise it. The community wouldn't be so divided and bitter if the cycles were faster so everyone gets to have what they want.

The elite system.. is currently breaking at the seams on a realistic scale.. and likely needs a Full rework next expansion because theres sooo much overlapping at this point its become problematic. it wouldnt suprise me if the following expansion to EoD just does full proffession overhauls realistically. if the cycles were any faster elites wouldnt be a sustainable model ever

btw just to let you know

FFXIVs Dissapointment that Dancer wasnt a Healer. while in a game on a 2 year cycle.

WoWS dissapointment that they got Demon hunter and not a new ranged class in Legion.

WoWs dissapointment at a lack of new class or race in SL.

these are 2 year cycle games which have the same devide in demand and bitterness towards things they didnt want. nothing to do withj the timespan. its to do with the fact of the matter non of us care about how happy a change makes a other person.. we're looking at what the game gives us... bitterness and dissapointment will exist in every change. regardless of cycle pace.

when a company is trying to appease 1000 voices a day realistically u'll never appease all 1000, such a thing doesnt exist. every change will annoy one crowd and excite another.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

snip

I mean you're not wrong but I  don't really see the point of bringing this up lol. There would be just as many players feeling betrayed and left behind if ANet had implemented a ranged weapon class that would have just amounted to "Ranged Weaver with Less Skills" and stuck for another 4 years with another flimsy glass character spec.

14 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense ... the class concept is whatever Anet decides it will be, including it's especs. 

You really just argue just to argue.
A-net can decide on anything they want, doesn't change a fact that playerbase ultimately will have last word in it.
The classes in core days operated on different rules and were based on different concepts and had clear vision with strong/weak points than what was released in HoT, in other words they've thrown the core concept and on top of that they didn't keep their word about e-speces being new playstyles and not straight upgrades to core.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

except Hammer ele is Exactly what i a Person of the community wanted? lol.

this is so circumstantual.

These people seem to have a profound dislike for your kind because you actually got what you wanted and they didn't, hence why these arguments are even coming up to begin with lel 

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

These people seem to have a profound dislike for your kind because you actually got what you wanted and they didn't, hence why these arguments are even coming up to begin with lel 

Thats not it at all, ele lacks ranged thats good..so what do they give us? another melee spec, I dont want all my characters to have to play melee, but anet seriously has an issue getting off the melee train. I guess its just easier to design melee than ranged for them, but its so common now, everything is melee. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I mean, Catalyst is fine. It's a new niche for the Elementalist. A bruiser build that stands its ground.

The ranged wizard/sorcerer playstyle SHOULD'VE been covered by the Core Ele, but it just doesn't play smoothly right now. If you look at the Core Necro, it's exactly what you want expect the archetypal necromancer to be, and it's viable. We could easily get a Wizard/Sorcerer archetype in the form of Core Ele. It just needs some reworks. Particularly the clunkiness of a lot of the staff skills. 

Heck, even Staff weaver already feels like the spell-slinging mage archetype... The weapon just really needs a 2021 tune-up.

Also, who knows, what if Staff Catalyst is really good? An elite spec isn't just defined by its weapon. 

Edited by HowlKamui.5120
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

A-net can decide on anything they want, doesn't change a fact that playerbase ultimately will have last word in it.

Lelwut, since when? If we had the last word, where's Ranged Elementalist? 

Just now, Zuldari.3940 said:

Thats not it at all, ele lacks ranged thats good..so what do they give us? another melee spec, I dont want all my characters to have to play melee, but anet seriously has an issue getting off the melee train. I guess its just easier to design melee than ranged for them, but its so common now, everything is melee. 

Yes, Ele needs at least another ranged weapon, I made my point on that on the Catalyst Thread, but there are also people who literally prefer melee Elementalist, and that's a fact. They got what they wanted, so they're happy with what they're getting, yet they're getting attacked because people keep shouting "muh ranged E-Spec" at them... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, HowlKamui.5120 said:

I mean, Catalyst is fine. It's a new niche for the Elementalist. A bruiser build that stands its ground.

The ranged wizard/sorcerer playstyle SHOULD'VE been covered by the Core Ele, but it just doesn't play smoothly right now. If you look at the Core Necro, it's exactly what you want expect the archetypal necromancer to be, and it's viable. We could easily get a Wizard/Sorcerer archetype in the form of Core Ele. It just needs some reworks. Particularly the clunkiness of a lot of the staff skills. 

Truth right here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, HowlKamui.5120 said:

something they will never fix because of the obsession with elites being the only worthy specs. so beating a dead horse here

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

Right here. I am so pumped for this elite spec, it really looks like its going to be the control oriented bruiser spec I've been hoping for since after HoT. I would have preferred Mace to Hammer, but still this spec looks fantastic and I can't wait.

Oh my child.... this was once the path of the Warrior and look what happened to them in the Great CC Rebalance of 2015. You may enjoy a few weeks of joy, but then the Nerf Hammer of Unmitigable Sorrow shall descend to put an end to your delight.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

something they will never fix because of the obsession with elites being the only worthy specs. so beating a dead horse here

IDK where you got this from but core specs were never meant to be inferior to elite specs. The fact that mirages lost 1 dodge, and chronos lost Distortion proves this. Elite specs are supposed to be alternate playstyles, not objectively better upgrades. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Oh my child.... this was once the path of the Warrior and look what happened to them in the Great CC Rebalance of 2015. You may enjoy a few weeks of joy, but then the Nerf Hammer of Unmitigable Sorrow shall descend to put an end to your delight.

TBH I'm mostly looking forward to running this with D/D, but hey who knows. Hammer Scrapper is still pretty viable. As is Rev Hammer in WvW... and Guard Hammer still gets played. Poor Warrior tho.