Compaired to vind, bladesworn and catalyst virtupso feels lile a core spec.

zealex.9410

2 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Whoever designed Virtuoso is either bad at designing or this is their worst work of all time. And I am not talking about art or lore, but person who actually designed the traits and mechanics.

Same, its like they went out of their way to make it as un-interesting and bland as possible.
Flashy magical illusionist draped in purple appears, well yes 100% of my skills is throwing a knife at you !

• Like 3

Its not even knifes throwing at you its fcking slices of purple wind or w/e that crap is. Compared to everything else that either gives mobility boons or things linked to traits, the only thing that is good on virtuoso is aegis when shattering but that is it. Just look at the one dodge meme on vindicator at least they have stuff to make that one dodge even more impactful or ways to get the dodge back faster.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

How many years of ‘fixes’ are Mesmers in for now with the new elite?  How long before spec altering changes similar to chrono and mirage had are made to ‘help define Virtuoso place in the meta’. 

I bet it gets a damage nerf before it gets a utility buff….

The elite was already nerfed before the showcase as well as the heal got a increase CD. Kal or w/e his name is already mentioned that some of the traits might need a nerf. 

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

The elite was already nerfed before the showcase as well as the heal got a increase CD. Kal or w/e his name is already mentioned that some of the traits might need a nerf. 

Lol looking at the other specs traits and what they're getting compared to us, what exactly could there be to nerf? lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Lol looking at the other specs traits and what they're getting compared to us, what exactly could there be to nerf? lol

I dunno go ask Kal urself he was the one who said it. Then again its no surprise because even if you look at Mesmer traits now compared to other classes, it is very lackluster in comparison. Some of the other classes Minor Traits are more impactful then Mesmer GM traits.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Gomes.5643 said:

Yeah, while still visually impressive, from the mechanics and synergies the Virtuoso is quite lacking ..... but that is quite true for all 3 of the first introduced elite specs, hopefully they continue to work on them when all the others are shown ...

That is true, but Virtuoso is still bottom of the barrel. Harbinger > Willbender > Virtuoso

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

That is true, but Virtuoso is still bottom of the barrel. Harbinger > Willbender > Virtuoso

I unfortunatel have that feeling quite often when talking about mesmers...... which is sad because I actually liked the concept in GW1.

On the bright sight - it does not have the most boring Utilities ..... that title belog to tghe Harbinger.....

Edited by Gomes.5643
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

High on copium but i hope they were the firs to show because they needed the ksot feedback and work.

We can hope but we are pretty close to the next beta with no news of any changes. Even with a release date of February it still feels like its too late in the game to be fix up some of the problems.

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

High on copium but i hope they were the firs to show because they needed the ksot feedback and work.

That's a optimistic pov.
The feedback they got on the first beta is worth nothing now.
We didn't have a term of comparision back than. Now, after we saw vindi, catalyst and bladesworn, like you said in the op, it's obvious the first three elite specs are bland garbage and need a redesign.

Edited by Lincolnbeard.1735
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Watching the Vindicator's new dodge, forget to recover the Mirage's second dodge forever.   I can only visualize two options now:

1.  "Tweak the dodge with a trait" and call it a day:

• New trait if you want choose it.
  • "Super Dodge:  When you dodge you gain 1 second vigor and you are healed by XX - 1XX depending of your level. "
    • Improved dodge:  ✔️
    • The promised sustain added: ✔️

Done.

2. The "REWORK":

Now the Mirage becomes the Chronomancer 3.0.  ✔️

Done.

And why not... Some day, with luck, the Virtuoso will become... the Chronomancer 4.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      😲😲😲

👏👏👏👏👏

😔

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

That's a optimistic pov.
The feedback they got on the first beta is worth nothing now.
We didn't have a term of comparision back than. Now, after we saw vindi, catalyst and bladesworn, like you said in the op, it's obvious the first three elite specs are bland garbage and need a redesign.

Alot of the feedback said its bland garbage esp tge traits and utils/shatters.

When you look at it, it's the 3 specs that have been dominating the game in every aspect from the start, specially after PoF, (Mesmer not so much nowadays tou), maybe they wanted to mix things up a bit, or don't want people thinking they have favorites hehe.

But i believe we have to wait and see, we did not had acess to the new runes and stat combos in the betas, maybe those will "enable" these specs, and even then there's a lot of ground till expansion launches, we'll see a lot of changes probably, hell, maybe we can see some of them on the last big beta.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

1.  "Tweak the dodge with a trait" and call it a day:

• New trait if you want choose it.
  • "Super Dodge:  When you dodge you gain 1 second vigor and you are healed by XX - 1XX depending of your level. "
    • Improved dodge:  ✔️
    • The promised sustain added: ✔️

Isn't the sustain issue a Mesmer-wide problem? Providing a solution for Mirage only doesn't help core, Chrono, or the upcoming Virtuoso.

• Like 2

I've said it time and time again, Virtuoso was NOT designed with Mesmer mains in mind. Its a simplification to every aspect of the class so that those who "don't want to learn clones" can finally play Mesmer. If Twitter and Reddit are to go by, everyone thinks Mesmers are OP and impossible to play against because people can't figure out which Mesmer is the real one. I mean this game is so hand holdy that people don't even learn what a break bar is or how to CC.

Virtuoso is designed around the lowest common denominator so that anyone can now play this class. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1