all the buttons to push

What content are you planning on doing?

I can tell you that staff Daredevil mostly uses just a couple skills and does really well in open world and story.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Power_Daredevil

Two of your utilities are signets, which you’ll largely not use in order to benefit from their passives. One is a condi cleanse you’ll need from time to time. Mostly you spam dodge, 2 skill for weakness, and autoattack.

Also, have you rebound your hot keys? It’s possible to plan a setup where almost all your skill bar is largely one key away from your movement keys.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4

Yeah, that does sound painful.

Try rebinding movement to w,e,r,d. At the start this means you can rest your fingers at left, forward, right without having the weird keeping one finger forward on w. Keep all your weapon skills 1 to 5. They are now right in front your four fingers for movement, with q as heal. You want heal to be easily accessed, because if you need it, you need it.

You now have asdfgt and tab to add dodge (also need it close) utilities, F skills, or the like, only one key away from where you rest them for movement. With your thumb on space for jump, you can also bind left [alt] an easy move for your thumb.

Admittedly, you'll find a need for a few more keys. I've got mounts bound to yhb, and use zxcv as well. Not sure if those are too far for your hand mobility, but they are the next step. Away.

Basically, rehtink your keyboard as circles of keys radiating out from your move keys, with the ones you need most the closest, the ones you need infrequently farther.

Edited by Gibson.4036

27 minutes ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Meta Battle has low intensity builds listed for open world.  Might be worth checking out.  Low intensity builds are defined as builds that do not require much input.

This link takes you straight to the low intensity build section.

Thanks..anyone have a link to a good gathering farming guide for the first human area map so i can level up crafting skills? i dont like moving on to a new map until i level up crafting to suite the area!

1 hour ago, xxcaretakerxx.4813 said:

yeah I have limited mobility in my hands and 99% of the builds i see are suited for button mashing and i have not found a single way for me to play these kinds of builds. i am looking for help on how i can play these kinds of builds. non banable macros or whatever that wont get me banned please and thanks!

What kind of keyboard and mouse do you use? There are very big difference on keyboards for how keys are physically placed and how much distance it is  between each key.

As an example my first real mechanical gaming keyboard hard rather large key caps and some edge which where meant to make it easier to centre finger tips, but that forced me to lift my fingers much more then I liked. Very often I got stuck in between keys as I had to lift fingers a bit high to get to next key.

My second mechanical gaming keyboard, which I use now, is a tenless keyboard (short: TKL) meaning it lacks number pad keys (those keys on right side which look more they way calculators are build with a section for plus, minus, division and multiplication etc.)
With a tenless keyboard (which is more compact in general), key caps are more normal without that edge on caps my first had and less space between each key. TKL keyboards are also easier to place more correct to your body or where you have your left hand resting then a normal full keyboard with keypad section.

As for mouse I have always used MMO mouse with 12 thumb keys that can be assigned freely after need. That way I can now press SHIFT key and have another layer from mouse keys for different action. In my case I use SHIFT for mounts instead of F6-F12 keys which is too far for gameplay features. In Option for GW2 you can set up shift+[any key] as combination.

You have CTLR (control), ALT (alternative) and SHIFT as default layers for second, third and fourth layers of keys and combo. Depending on how you rest your hand you might not reach ALT keys as easy as SHIFT (and LOCK SHIFT), if ALT key is close to your space bar.

Try to take breaks where you leave computer and don't use keyboard at all, if possible to reduce tension in muscle of your hand.

Thanks..anyone have a link to a good gathering farming guide for the first human area map so i can level up crafting skills? i dont like moving on to a new map until i level up crafting to suite the area!

It sounds like you’ve played some other MMOs. You could certainly craft as you level, but you might end up finding it not rewarded by the game. You’ll get a bunch of gear as you level that is totally sufficient to get you through the story. By and large crafting can become very useful once you hit 80 to make exotics and then ascended gear, but the mats you’ll gather at mid game levels will be worth much more than the gear that you’d make and have to replace anyway in another ten levels or so.

GW2crafts has dynamically updated guides that will step you through maxing crafting in the most cost efficient way according to current TP prices.

• Like 3

I use this to make things a bit more manageable for me:

https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-pro/RZ01-03420100-R3U1

My wife bought it for me a few months ago, as she knew I was looking into mice that might help me out on GW2. It comes with swappable plates with different amounts of programmable buttons for the side, to suit different gaming requirements and there's also a USB charging cord that you can use to play wired. I can't imagine using something else now.

Action camera? i dont see that in the option settings 

Action camera mode

In order to toggle this camera mode on or off outside of adventures, the player must first assign a hotkey in their controls. This option can be found under the Camera section of the Control Options menu in Controls. Once a hotkey has been assigned, pressing that key (or set of keys) will toggle the camera mode.

For classes with easy rotations the build Gibson linked is very easy. Basically just autoattack and dodge/swipe/vault (staff 5) around and use other skills when needed. I'm using Signet of Malice to give it even more sustain.

Another easy one is the classic minion master reaper (necro) or maybe double shortbow soulbeast (ranger) which has no specific rotation, just use the skills off cooldowns.

There's a lot of good advice in this thread. Some professions are definitely better than others (elementalist and engineer are probably the worst in this case, they require a lot of buttons) and looking for a build that uses passive signets will help too because that reduces the number of buttons you need to push.

I also strongly recommend experimenting with different keybinds. I don't have mobility issues in my hands, but I did find changing the keybindings from the default to something I found more comfortable and easier to reach made a huge difference to what I was able to do and how long I could keep playing. I'm left-handed and for me the best was putting all the skills and other things I need in combat (like weapon swap) on the number pad so they're all close together and easier for me to reach, then I use my thumb on the arrow keys to move.

If you can afford it I also strongly recommend looking into an alternative to a traditional mouse and keyboard. The Azeron Keypad would be my first choice, it looks very weird but it's got more buttons in each reach with a minimum of movement than anything else I've seen and I've heard good things about it from several people who have issues with their hands (ranging from arthritis to partial paralysis). But a gaming keypad (like a number pad with a thumbstick on the side) or an MMO mouse with a ton of buttons on the side to use with your thumb might work too and can be cheaper. There's also some people who have set up a controller to play GW2, but I don't know if that would help you.

If I were to recommend a build that does the most amount possible with the least number of button presses, it would be the auto attack Renegade:  http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyVldQMMHyj1QdsHij9RksAigJvl/TD-zRIYR0xXGtlCVUB2OA-e

The strategy for that build is simple.

Part 1: Turn on Impossible Odds.  Auto attack until you run out of energy.

Part 2: Swap Legends, and turn on Vengeful Hammers.  Auto attack until Shiro is off cooldown.

Part 3: Swap Legends and return to part 1.

That is all.  You press 2 buttons every 10 seconds.  There's a bunch of minor changes you can make depending on circumstances, but this is the version that works best solo.  Features of this particular build include:

#1: Massive self healing through Battle Scars.  You'll get roughly 400 health per second.  On top of that, Vengeful Hammers heals for about 159 health per second.  With all of that, you can face tank most enemies and out-regenerate their damage.  Sword 4 acts as a third heal if needed.

#2: This build self-buffs to 25 might and permanent fury.  It also sustains around 8-10 stacks of vulnerability on targets.  All of its traits will put you at 100% chance to crit.

#3:  The build has surprisingly high damage for how little effort is required.  When I tested a raid specific version of this build a few years ago, it did around 26k DPS.  This version does a bit less, since is designed assuming solo play, but it will still let you out-damage random n00bs and mooks by auto attacking.

#4: Hearty and strong enough to be used in all content of the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

If I were to recommend a build that does the most amount possible with the least number of button presses, it would be the auto attack Renegade:  http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyVldQMMHyj1QdsHij9RksAigJvl/TD-zRIYR0xXGtlCVUB2OA-e

The strategy for that build is simple.

Part 1: Turn on Impossible Odds.  Auto attack until you run out of energy.

Part 2: Swap Legends, and turn on Vengeful Hammers.  Auto attack until Shiro is off cooldown.

Part 3: Swap Legends and return to part 1.

That is all.  You press 2 buttons every 10 seconds.  There's a bunch of minor changes you can make depending on circumstances, but this is the version that works best solo.  Features of this particular build include:

#1: Massive self healing through Battle Scars.  You'll get roughly 400 health per second.  On top of that, Vengeful Hammers heals for about 159 health per second.  With all of that, you can face tank most enemies and out-regenerate their damage.  Sword 4 acts as a third heal if needed.

#2: This build self-buffs to 25 might and permanent fury.  It also sustains around 8-10 stacks of vulnerability on targets.  All of its traits will put you at 100% chance to crit.

#3:  The build has surprisingly high damage for how little effort is required.  When I tested a raid specific version of this build a few years ago, it did around 26k DPS.  This version does a bit less, since is designed assuming solo play, but it will still let you out-damage random n00bs and mooks by auto attacking.

#4: Hearty and strong enough to be used in all content of the game.

So just auto attack and 1 utility skill every 10 seconds plus the swap of Legends?

7 hours ago, xxcaretakerxx.4813 said:

So just auto attack and 1 utility skill every 10 seconds plus the swap of Legends?

Pretty much.  It's actually less than that, since you want to camp Shiro until you run out of energy.  That can take quite awhile if you aren't using other skills.  The only time you want to swap to Jalis and use vengeful hammers is if you're out of energy, or if you're surrounded by a group of mobs instead of just 1 or 2.  

I should also specify that this is PVE only.  In PVP players run around like spastic freaks, so it won't work there.