Will everyone have the same generic Gunsaber skin?? That will look terrible

Yerlock.4678

We need Gunsabe skins or at least be able to use our GS skins on Gunsabe. This is so worrying especially considering the model of the Gunsaber is extremely generic and boring!

This isn't the bright blue holo we're talking about, this is a new weapon kit that seems to be one and only one skin. Can Anet get in on this to clear up the confusion?? Because imagining the scenarios of 30-40 samurai clones in wvw is extremely worrying. They're literally giving us a new weapon which means we need weapon skins.  Call it a weapon kit or whatever you want but this IS a weapon. It is our offhand and can't be swapped out either. So everyone using this will have the exact same generic weapon skin. 

Also forgive the warrior vets for complaining, we've been shorthanded and nerfed for so long now it will take some time for our trust to be regained.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Is it really that much different than everyone in Berserker mode looking the same? Or holo forge? We can still use normal skins on our true weapons...

There's no chance of them using Greatsword skins. It'd be broken because you wouldn't be able to visually distinguish between a foe on Greatsword or Gunsaber in PvP for example. It would also just make no sense thematically anymore. And gem store skins for saber skins seems really unlikely, since there is no infrastructure in place to "skin" a kit.

Finally I find this thread more of a pointless complaint thread than what the "veterans" are complaining about, which are actual suggestions and predictions made about the class balance...

Just now, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Yeah, it shouldn't be like that. Also using that one exception to the rule doesn't mean we should just keep doing that or something. 

I'm not saying it is but why is it that warrior is constantly being told we can have thing because it would break their rules but every other class gets exceptions. I guess we got 2 daggers but we kinda should

3 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

I'm not saying it is but why is it that warrior is constantly being told we can have thing because it would break their rules but every other class gets exceptions. I guess we got 2 daggers but we kinda should

I should've said before but in PvP, where you can (and should) enable standard enemy models, the player is displayed with standardized weapon skins. So lightning hammer will be distinct from Mjolnir. But this function can't change the appearance of abilities anyway, and again, the infrastructure for that doesn't exist.

4 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I really don't think so. The spec looks extremely cool, no way it isn't going to get played.

The spec doesn't bring enough. Warrior badly lacks the survival and mobility needed without GS and shield. It's not even about damage. Warrior already has one of the most damaging pvp builds buts its so glassy its nothing more than a jank build for owning noobs and surprise attacks 

Being "cool" really doesn't matter on warrior. We already have a ton of cool kitten it's just not very good

Edited by Valik Shin.9027
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

The spec doesn't bring enough. Warrior badly lacks the survival and mobility needed without GS and shield. It's not even about damage. Warrior already has one of the most damaging pvp builds buts its so glassy its nothing more than a jank build for owning noobs and surprise attacks 

Being "cool" really doesn't matter on warrior. We already have a ton of cool kitten it's just not very good

You know you can run shield still, right? You don’t have to run pistol. Pistol will also provide fairly solid sustain via trait, and mobility using quick-tap dragon trigger 2, break step, and other warrior movement skills will be pretty decent I think. Obviously no way to know until we play it, but I don’t think it will struggle too badly in competitive modes, it will most likely fulfill a different role than warrior traditionally has.

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Engineer mains have to deal with unskinnable kits since launch of this game. You will manage to survive being unable to put a shiny skin onto your gunsaber. 

And that is no excuse to not have skins for the blade AND kits, the game is all about customization more is better it just needs to be inline with the initial look. And it is not like they can't change how skills look considering legendaries and how items can change looks when you take legendary armor. Probably it would make for a good monetization option since there isn't many left to explore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

how doesnt it offer enough....

The Utilities we use with spellbreaker are very accessible to Bladesworn. so no difference to our Condi management ability. we have access to the same heal aswell.

however, Bladesworn comes with Barrier. Increased healing Protection and Stability.. with higher Controlled bursts.. with a better elite skill.

Bladesworn isnt as far out the ring as you think, we'll have to wait and see what its Sustain ends up being once its theorycrafted over a few times.. also remember its Beta. Not live. its not a final Product.. the point is we are susposed to test its functionality in SPVP to give data on what to improve.

5 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

And that is no excuse to not have skins for the blade AND kits, the game is all about customization more is better it just needs to be inline with the initial look. And it is not like they can't change how skills look considering legendaries and how items can change looks when you take legendary armor. Probably it would make for a good monetization option since there isn't many left to explore. 

while i aint very caring about the cosmetic side of it, Agreed

imagine if guildwars 2 Held proffession quests.. which allowed u to earn new Looks for your gunblade and Kits... Like Solo Proffession Quests which held Lore or something surrounding the new apperance of weapon your getting.

It doesnt even need to be a offical SKin.

it just needs to be Something that allows you to change the Design of the weapon / Kit.

for both Engineers and Warriors.

the weapon designs could be based around the Current Racial Design Differences in Artitecture... and Racially themed options + the standard Canthan Option.

a large investment.. but a great pay of effectively.. espically as u could increase the Market of this type of content design.. to earn several rewards Such as Weapon skins, Infusions, Outfits, Cosmetic items etc etc

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

And gem store skins for saber skins seems really unlikely, since there is no infrastructure in place to "skin" a kit.

Shouldn't be too different from mount skins. Mounts aren't equipped, they're unlockable skill trees and essentially "kits" as they reconfigure your 1-5 abilities with a mount model anchored under your character model. A similar system for class-specific transformations shouldn't be too out of the question

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

how doesnt it offer enough....

The Utilities we use with spellbreaker are very accessible to Bladesworn. so no difference to our Condi management ability. we have access to the same heal aswell.

Yes but you sacrifice full counter and either GS mobility or off hand shield. Let's be honest,  warrior utility are pretty bad for the most part

24 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Yes but you sacrifice full counter and either GS mobility or off hand shield. Let's be honest,  warrior utility are pretty bad for the most part

i'd actually argue.. its more core warrior utility sets the bar really high that new utilities find it hard to replace them realistically.

Also u seem to forget the gunsaber carries alot of mobility in itself.. its fast and it has access to dashs and more.

I think my biggest issue is the overly large handguard on the model. I would imagine it being oblong instead of circular since the massive handguard would bump into your sides when moving and woyud be several kins of uncomfortable, possibly painful, when moving when sheathed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Psykewne.3025 said:

Engineers reading this topic >_<

You gotta admit though, it would be kind of cool if there were appearance options for kits, Gun Saber, etc…

This beta may be the best chance to make that happen. I know it’s unlikely, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to ask. My two cents.

Edited by crewthief.8649

3 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

You gotta admit though, it would be kind of cool if there were appearance options for kits, Gun Saber, etc…

This beta may be the best chance to make that happen. I know it’s unlikely, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to ask. My two cents.

I mean, Gem store skins for kits, profession mechanics, and whatnot is a golden opportunity for Anet. I'd sure as hell buy them.

• Like 2

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I mean, Gem store skins for kits, profession mechanics, and whatnot is a golden opportunity for Anet. I'd sure as hell buy them.

No doubt. The game is all about customization, so I don’t see that it hurts to use this opportunity to maybe push this issue a bit. We know for a fact they’re going be reading our feedback, if enough people clamor for this… who knows?