Vindicator Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Maybe not so much a bug, but likely an oversight.

GS 2 doesn't track your movement properly. The skill marks its trigger position partway through the animation essentially meaning that as you move, it will land "behind" you or "beside" you unless you have a perfect latency.

Suggest the devs test this on the EU servers playing from America instead of in their 0ms offices.

• Thanks 2

Spear of Archemorus bug possibility. 

In short, if the target dies after the skill is used, the spear still launches, but it's range seems to shorten after the target dies. 

I was in Drizzlewood Coast where there are groups of enemies and groups that spawn often. 

Now, I'm not sure if the projectile launch mechanic accounts for bumpy or uneven terrain in game, if it does, maybe it's pulling in the numbers and data from the steps in the path of the spear's direction and that's why the range shortens just enough to be annoying to miss a backline target. The range on the attack is 2,000 and it seems to fall short by a 100 or more once a target after the skill is used. 

Dodge/Jump Delay Bug
After regenerating to full endurance, utilizing the launch/dodge has a second delay. That delay is my character not having enough endurance and then launching, so my character is stationary while getting hit. 

This happened on Drizzlewood Coast map as well. 

Edited by Salvatore.3749
Launch bug addition.

dodgehops dont give I-frames for the duration of the hop, meaning you can be killed while in the air. 

dodgehops dont always spawn healing orbs with Healer's Gift or Generous Abundance. 

GS3 movement range is incorrect. 

Taking Death From Above doesnt start you at 150 end on dismounting. 

sigil of stamina does not restore the correct amount of endurance with Death Drop selected. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 6:56 PM, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

I have taken damage and been CC'd while dodge is active. Seems that it evades for just a small portion of the skill. This is very very bad as you then take full damage without being able to respond.

Second this bug. It doesn't happen often but there seems to be a 100ms window where the "Doomfist" Skill can be disrupted. 

• Thanks 2

Since map change and down state revert to the default loadout (Archemorus at the moment), it would be nice to make this a feature, before users start including downstate in their rotation. 

F3 can be a loadout reset button (remove the flip from F3, it's not useful when you just need Endurance). 
The default loadout can be Archemorus and be switched to St. Viktor via 1 trait (that also gives a bonus to healing power or healing effectiveness).

💥💥💥 Boom! It's not a bug, it's a feature. And users hating Alliance (basically everybody I talked to) are now happy!
You're welcome

16 minutes ago, RizelStar.3724 said:

For people giving feedback on greatsword, is skill 4 working? The animation seems to never play on part 2 for me. Unless it's working as intended?

It's not an automatic counter, for some reason. After you block the powered up attack is "stored" and you need to press 4 again. 

Yeah, a bit clunky and again forces you to look at the UI. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kidel.2057 said:

It's not an automatic counter, for some reason. After you block the powered up attack is "stored" and you need to press 4 again. 

Yeah, a bit clunky and again forces you to look at the UI. 

Well I knew it wasn't automatic, I believe it's due to the fact that Part 2's animation of skill 4 is the same as the second part of skill 1 is what throwing me off.  So when fighting once I use it I can't tell a difference. 

I hope that changes but maybe that's just standard with all counters like that, wish that weren't the case though. I'm using a human male. 

So I thought the animation was broken.

• Like 1

"Splash" art compared to the other legends: 

https://imgur.com/ZpjLTY6
https://imgur.com/9Hpkjiu

https://imgur.com/9soZQSt

I hope it's a placeholder, but I doubt it. 

All 3 screenshots are taken at the same distance and scale. There is a style difference, a quality difference, a size difference. Not to mention the skill icons. 

I think that at least fixing the SIZE should be easy enough. 

• Like 4

Dodging immediately after dismounting will consume endurance but not cause a dodge (tested only with Saint of zu Heltzer trait)

You cannot dodge while rezzing an ally (tested only with Saint of zu Heltzer trait)

When using Spear of Archemorus, Archemorus will face the way you are facing when it completes the cast, not towards the target. (Example: if cast while running away from a target, it will face the same direction you are facing, and the spear will go backwards towards the target)

Phantom's Onslaught will only move you ~300-400 units. It will only move you further if you are somewhere around ~600-700 units from the target when using it. Any more and it will still bug out.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but Urn of Saint Viktor will still slam on the ground with the image of Saint Viktor even if you don't use Slam Urn of Saint Viktor. This occurs if you run out of energy and also if you swap out of the legend while using it.

Urn of Saint Viktor will persist on your skill bar if you use Alliance Tactics with it active. This may also be intended.

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908

• UI: Skill bar shows background effect of Ventari.
  • Underwater: Trident skills don't apply a legend specific condition.
  • Combat: You can be interrupted during certain parts of the new dodge animation, not sure if intended.
  • UI: Splash art when activating new legend is bigger than old ones, often blocking view of combat.
Edited by wickwire.1493
  • Haha 1

"Eternity's Requiem" has a skill fact of "Duration: 9 seconds", and "Number of Impacts : 24", but it certainly doesn't seem to last that long or have that many impacts (unless I'm missing something)

"Death Drop" - the "Forerunner of death" description in the trait selection screen describes it as "15% damage" - is this strike damage or condi damage or both?  Additionally, the buff one receives reads "Outgoing physical damage is increased" - not sure that this is a relevant damage type - does this instead mean "strike" damage?

Edit: Have just checked Meteor Shower, and it looks like the skill facts have been copied from there.  Meteor Shower lasts appx 9 seconds and has 24 impacts as far as I can tell, unlike "Eternity's Requiem"

Edited by Jijimuge.4675
Comparison with Meteor Shower
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The legend swap animation (the picture above the head of the revenant when switching legends) for the Alliance legend scales in a different way than the other legends with camera zoom level and can lead to the Alliance animation covering too large a screen area.

With the camera fully zoomed out, the Alliance picture isn't that big - no bigger than Shiro's or Jalis's.  However, the more one zooms in before switching legends, the image scales exponentially in size, whereas, for Shiro, the image scales very little, no matter what one's current zoom level.

Having done further testing, it seems that the initial animation size is set by the current camera zoom level when activating the legend swap, and that it's something in the coding of this which is off.  There is effectively some scaling down applied to the initial image the more one is zoomed in to the image for all legends but Alliance.

N.B.  One can manage to get any of the legends' images to scale to huge proportions by zooming in *after* the animation has started.  One can also get Shiro's animation to be tiny by swapping when fully zoomed in and zooming out whilst the animation is ongoing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

- As others have mentioned the Range: 900 on GS3 doesn't seem to be correct (at max distance, you just stop at ~450).

- I also don't understand the Range: 900 on GS 5.

Using TacO range indicator,  I've never seen the impacts go further than 600.

- Using "Nomad's Advance" underwater doesn't stop when hitting mobs. It only does damage (and apply might) after the dash, and not when passing mobs.

- Not sure if intended, but dismounting always removes ~1/4 of endurance. (also switching maps by teleporting or running trough portals)

Edited by BlueRaven.6483

Amnesty of Shing Jea seems to be the wrong way round and inconsistent with the whole theme and purpose of the two champions' skills.

Currently, Luxon/Archemorus abilities grant Regeneration, and Kurzick/Saint Viktor skills grant Might, but Luxon skills are supposed to be the offensive ones and Kurzick skills are geared towards defence and area healing.

Unless this is deliberate, the effects should be swapped and tooltips updated accordingly to match the legends' playstyles.