DirectX 11 Graphics Issues

5 minutes ago, ThroneOfGWII.7801 said:

Love that wide screen!

Anyone get any workarounds. Playing with it disabled at the moment

BUT.. I really do wanna beta test DX11.

I too want to play with Dx11 but unfortunately nobody has a solution yet. I assuming it has something to do with Windows 7 maybe. We all seem to be using that. Hope Anet can help us!

On windows 10 I have the problems of not being able to snap the window to the screen size, and the whole game looking kinda like that time I pushed the bloom all the way up to the max in reshade just to see how silly it looked. It didn't take me long to go back to dx9...

(System specs - Ryzen 7 1700, 32GB memory, 8GB RX 580)

Edited by Sunyavadin.7962
adding system specs

2 minutes ago, Sunyavadin.7962 said:

On windows 10 I have the problems of not being able to snap the window to the screen size, and the whole game looking kinda like that time I pushed the bloom all the way up to the max in reshade just to see how silly it looked. It didn't take me long to go back to dx9...

For me it is working... ok, few green textures here and there and i had one crash in 6 hours but other than this its fine.

I have the text rendering problem and I didn'd stay online for long time because it looks so wrong. But I noticed that with DX11 its a little darker witn my curent mid and low settings and also the character lighting is a lot better compared to 9. But we'll see. I'll do be annoying and rub it in by saying : 2D Text > 3D Graphics 

5 minutes ago, CDBeauty.3691 said:

I have the text rendering problem and I didn'd stay online for long time because it looks so wrong. But I noticed that with DX11 its a little darker witn my curent mid and low settings and also the character lighting is a lot better compared to 9. But we'll see. I'll do be annoying and rub it in by saying : 2D Text > 3D Graphics 

Problem unresolved with latest patch - same text color blobs appear as evidenced by the pics in the thread. I too noticed when trying again after patch that although all the text was jacked the feeling of smoothness increased - especially noticeable when panning the camera in a crowded large area. I really want to try this Dx11 beta out looks like it might really improve performance!

• Like 1

With mine with the Sylph Wings:

https://imgur.com/b5aYLUi

From the back, the colors are correct. When viewed from the front, it's a psychedelic rainbow mess. Tried restarting client, changing zones, changing dyes.

Win 10, latest NVidia driver for 3060 that came out today, i5-10 series, M.2 drive. No dx912, arc, or any other addon running.

Also, I swear my glowwy character has somehow increased her brightness. She's gone from intense to intense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, firewire.4813 said:

Judging by everyone's builds, I'm gonna guess it's a win7 issue.

I'm amazed so many people are running such an ancient operating system.  I guess they don't realize their 11 year old operating system might not be the best anymore.  People, please upgrade to 10.  Seriously.  Your purposely making your game run worse and your computer run worse.  Go to 10 before its too late and you can't get the free upgrade to 10 because 11 is out.

24 minutes ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

I'm amazed so many people are running such an ancient operating system.  I guess they don't realize their 11 year old operating system might not be the best anymore.  People, please upgrade to 10.  Seriously.  Your purposely making your game run worse and your computer run worse.  Go to 10 before its too late and you can't get the free upgrade to 10 because 11 is out.

Widows 11 beta is already out I installed the free version about month ago. Zero problems with it. A lot of ppl are not going to be able to get windows 11 since it requires TPM version 2.0 and scappers are already grabbing up the mother board modules. Hopefully the released version will not require it but the beta does as of now. 

1 hour ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

If only MS would release a "power user" version of win10/11 without all of its wonderful "telemetry" baked into every sub-system, I'd gladly move over, until then, I can take care of myself, thanks.

Edited by firewire.4813
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2