Issues With World Restructuring Beta Match Ups

3 minutes ago, seoyounglee.1703 said:

This feels more like an alpha then a beta. 

That's cool but a feeling doesn't determine what stage a test is at.  Either way the test still needs to be done.  Not all beta tests goes as planned.  After playing GW2 for years, you should have experience some bad betas before.

Edited by reapex.8546
clarified beta tests
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, seoyounglee.1703 said:

I fully agree, but they should of labelled it as an alpha not beta. This felt like they never even tried to test it in house. 

Again that's another feeling, they already showed videos and documented that it was tested on their development servers.   They shared this with us awhile ago, so while it may 'feel' it's not a beta test that doesn't mean it's not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, reapex.8546 said:

Again that's another feeling, they already showed videos and documented that it was tested on their development servers.   They shared this with us awhile ago, so while it may 'feel' it's not a beta test that doesn't mean it's not.

Beta testing is a type of user acceptance testing where the product team gives a nearly finished product to a group of target users to evaluate product performance in the real world.

Did this feel nearly finished in anyway at all to you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, seoyounglee.1703 said:

Beta testing is a type of user acceptance testing where the product team gives a nearly finished product to a group of target users to evaluate product performance in the real world.

Did this feel nearly finished in anyway at all to you?

Once again, "feelings" doesn't matter whether a company considers something is beta or alpha.  If the company, did the necessary steps that  they consider are acceptable to move to the beta stage then it is a beta to the corporation's own requirements.  

Edited by reapex.8546
replaced metrics with requirements
  • Confused 2

Alpha is when systems are not all in place and still being put into place, beta is when all systems are in place and they are being tested, fixed, polished and tweaked. Everyone trying to describe what they are here has been wrong.

This was most certainly a beta, the systems are in place, they just didn't work, so they have to be fixed. When you are testing with a hundred or so internal people it is easy to think things are ready, when you unleash it to tens of thousands things pop up.

Edited by Narathkor.8541
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Narathkor.8541 said:

Alpha is when systems are not all in place and still being put into place, beta is when all systems are in place and they are being tested, fixed, polished and tweaked. Everyone trying to describe what they are here has been wrong.

This was most certainly a beta, the systems are in place, they just didn't work, so they have to be fixed. When you are testing with a hundred or so internal people it is easy to think things are ready, when you unleash it to tens of thousands things pop up.

Not exactly the system to create alliances wasn't in place and was scheduled for phase 2 beta but this isn't the point.

Besides the bug with that nobody could join maps after the initiated few on it. The main problem was that the core piece of the alliance system was missing The counter for when the alliance is full to be specific on the UI end

Guilds were randomly added to a pool of alliances were they can fit into but have grown so much that the combined number must have excite the 500 limit. People added themselves to a guild for an alliances while they actually couldn't.

This makes it for me an alpha.

Besides this communication about all this was not so great again and again UI didn't tell you what you need to know as a player . Like the cc system, LFG or even the start on a sPvP round this is a common theme with Arena.NET

17 hours ago, azizul.8469 said:

alpha = internal employee test

beta = public user test.

Ever heard of the term "closed beta"? It's not public. The open beta test yesterday didn't go as intended, many didn't even make it onto a map - hence the frustrated feedback and the "alpha" reference. 😉

Anyway, we got feedback from Josh Davis and will be informed of further steps soon, so all is good.

So much salt in this thread.

3/4 of these 2 pages are about alpha vs beta test, like... who cares how you call it? At least the first posters started to give some feedback. I test videogames for a job, and I don't even know if I'm still at the alpha or beta phase. No one cares anymore. Modern companies don't have so many internal testers nowadays, they are not able to test connectivity issues involving thousands of players internally. That's why they do these public tests. It's not that they "destroyed" WvW for a month.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Urud.4925 said:

3/4 of these 2 pages are about alpha vs beta test, like... who cares how you call it?

+1 

What would have changed if it’s have an “alpha” marker, not beta?

Is it a testing ground? Yes - it’s a testing ground. What’s your problems, what are this all about? Just to troll others and Anet? Useless and wrong idea. Your only theme of discussion - “beta”, “early beta” or “alpha” - are you on developer tech-forum? Introducing new scientific and term concept to us? 😄

Edited by Loules.8601
Typos
  • Like 1

My entire guild is on a different match-up. I joined a friendly guild i would pug with just so I would be with them for this restructuring..

So i lost my server I saw as my "Team" as a pug and now I lost my new guild that I was playing with.

This whole thing is just garbage.