Dreambound weapon box - DO NOT GRAB!!!-

miraude.2107

• IT IS ONE PER ACCOUNT.
  • THERE IS NO OFFHAND OPTION.

Honestly, I find that really really underhanded to release these in this state as there are some classes that don't have that many mainhand options.

I hopped onto my guardian because I was like 'Oh I could get the shield and do a sword and board.' Yep, nope. All I have available are mainhand, staff, greatsword and hammer. Now I can't even get a different box because of this.

Welcome to Tyria, my kitten. Very very poorly executed and judging from the other posts popping up about this, I'm not the only one miffed about this.

• Like 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, miraude.2107 said:
  • IT IS ONE PER ACCOUNT.
  • THERE IS NO OFFHAND OPTION.

Honestly, I find that really really underhanded to release these in this state as there are some classes that don't have that many mainhand options.

I hopped onto my guardian because I was like 'Oh I could get the shield and do a sword and board.' Yep, nope. All I have available are mainhand, staff, greatsword and hammer. Now I can't even get a different box because of this.

Welcome to Tyria, my kitten. Very very poorly executed and judging from the other posts popping up about this, I'm not the only one miffed about this.

The npc giving away the weaponboxes specifies those things. Sometimes reading before clicking in mmorpgs pays off. Especially considering that wasn't a whole lot of text to read.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The limitations on the boxes are kinda weird, even with the stuff the NPC says. I've seen people all across the game warning one another about how these boxes work so no one feels shafted, and that seems like something that wouldn't happen if the boxes had an intuitive design to start with. Curious to hear from some new players (3 months or less) to see what they thought about this promotion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, voidek.5738 said:

im thinking staff for ele since it cover all 5 slots

I got a staff on my free account for similar reasons, it covers all the weapon slots and it's used by a lot of professions. On my main account I got a greatsword just because it's the most expensive skin I didn't already have. (I don't really need levelling items on that account, I normally just use drops, but I can easily buy it or craft it if I need to.)

Weirdly the one I'm not sure about is my core-only account. I don't play it often so it probably doesn't matter, and I only have a ranger and engineer so there's no cross-over in weapons they can use and I don't know what other characters I might make. Probably a bow or sword but I haven't decided yet.

6 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

If you need other weapons like this then you can through the route that has existed for years.

Those are not the weapons skins. These are: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daydreamer's_weapon_skins

They are Black Lion skins, and I honestly understand why they don't want to give away multiple to a single account. Still, as a new player and altoholic still building my rooster I was hoping to get more of these weapons.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Devanear.9520 said:

Those are not the weapons skins. These are: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daydreamer's_weapon_skins

They are Black Lion skins, and I honestly understand why they don't want to give away multiple to a single account. Still, as a new player and altoholic still building my rooster I was hoping to get more of these weapons.

The functionality of those weapons, as described in the blog/news post, are exactly what I had linked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is that the mist stranger talks to you in character.  "Character name can only claim this weapon once."

If the mist stranger had been willing to break immersion and say you can only get one weapon per account that would have been better.  There are plenty of story elements that a single character can't repeat, but that can be repeated on alt characters.

if the mist stranger had addressed me by my account name or had mentioned once per account then I would have cancelled the conversation. Using character names for account wide decisions isn't good.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

The problem is that the mist stranger talks to you in character.  "Character name can only claim this weapon once."

If the mist stranger had been willing to break immersion and say you can only get one weapon per account that would have been better.  There are plenty of story elements that a single character can't repeat, but that can be repeated on alt characters.

if the mist stranger had addressed me by my account name or had mentioned once per account then I would have cancelled the conversation. Using character names for account wide decisions isn't good.

Yeah I think this was the confusing thing to me--it being in character, I didn't know if they meant:

* once per character

* once per class

* once per account

Turns out it was the last one. Not that I need the weapon, but I didn't know what the limitation was until I had already claimed the box.

Edited by Ahkaskar.3906
include quote
  • Like 2

Why would you NOT get it at all? You just need to be more careful.

First I thought they'd give out the Bloodbound weapons (from faction provisioner, scalling with level) cause apparently one of them has a unique skin - the hammer. According to wiki.

When I saw that they used different skins - I did not care anmore. (Cause the other stuff - having a weapon that levels with you - is not that important to me.) Was surprised though that actually hammers were available. With the "main-hand" I thought they'd give away 1-handed main hand weapons. Not 2-handed weapons (that use both hands) as well.

I guess the focus was on offering something that you can use to attack + also having the auto-attack. Off-hand would mean only skills 4 and 5 with longer cooldown.

Edited by Luthan.5236

13 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

No, he doesn't use your character name (at least didn't for me?). He says "I will grant you a selection of main-hand weapons appropriate for a [class] (if you're using espec, he will use the name of the espec), but only once. Be confident in your choice."

And then you have to pick an answer that says: "➡️Give me a [class] weapon". You're making a choice in regards of the class here. It's only further confirmed by the only other option you can select, which says "✖️ I've been thinking of trying other professions. Let me get back to you.".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

From the Mist Strangers text, I thought it meant one per class. Like I can come back with a Ranger and get a bow, too. Thinking about it, that would of course be unfair for players who don't have 9 character slots.

I'm just kind of sad that the torch skin isn't available this way.

Edited by deatine.2498