Specter Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

On 3/18/2022 at 12:11 PM, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Anet has a month to re-evaluate how they want to allow specter to be effective in raid groups and such. Right now all weaponsets suck and are clunky with specter except sc/d for power or weird condi or sc/p. 

Other especs can effectively use other weapons but specter is pidgeonholed into this nightmare trait system including reduced initiative. Majority of traits wont even work for steal mechanics when siphoning an ally! 2 traits are literally the same yet have a different heal value and different radius if effect. Not to mention the bugs  betas feedback for specter goes unread (they do NOT care)

1 month to fix this crap and upgrade it without nerfs or im self sacrificing my account and demanding full refund for any purchase i have ever made

I think they are going to do a comprehensive review for the june patch

On 3/10/2022 at 8:43 AM, Nimbus Nomad.1237 said:

I don't know where you are getting the idea that shroud skills are bad, but they are actually all really good. Even just auto attacking an enemy will heal your binded ally for more than you realise. The only thing that i find underwhelming about shroud is the range on 4.  Maybe an increase in condi damage would be okay too. 

I do not think they are bad but I do believe they are a bit underwhelming considering how much more dynamic you can be outside of it. Outside shroud I can target allies freely to support them. In shroud I can only really help one ally with healing(cleanse with the trait), have access to one more cc, 2 more dps skills and a wonky stability skill (for which I don't even need to stay in shroud to use) and now can no longer provide my boon support. 
In a PvP or WvW setting, shroud makes a lot more sense with single target heals. In PvE though, it's not very useful outside of CS trait.

Anet is no stranger to having things work differently between game modes, so I don't see why shroud can't have a little more boon support or group impact (other than CS) in PvE.

I'm bias because I love both Thief and Necro. I have to say that I really enjoy this new elite. I absolutely didn't think I was going to, but I've been proven wrong. I'm still trying to get used to how I could play it best. I've played it as support, condi and even DPSish.

As for Well of Bounty, I wish the boons would load faster. I feel like many of the boons are going off timer before I've built up all of the boons. Maybe a slightly longer duration on the boons to so the Specter can be more meaningful in a zerg.

21 hours ago, Scorcher.6428 said:

I do not think they are bad but I do believe they are a bit underwhelming considering how much more dynamic you can be outside of it. Outside shroud I can target allies freely to support them. In shroud I can only really help one ally with healing(cleanse with the trait), have access to one more cc, 2 more dps skills and a wonky stability skill (for which I don't even need to stay in shroud to use) and now can no longer provide my boon support. 
In a PvP or WvW setting, shroud makes a lot more sense with single target heals. In PvE though, it's not very useful outside of CS trait.

Anet is no stranger to having things work differently between game modes, so I don't see why shroud can't have a little more boon support or group impact (other than CS) in PvE.

You should still be able to cycle group bursts of RWV with CS and Shroud though in pve and not have to hug a single target all the time. You can take Shadestep also that should let you put out a couple of group RWV bursts in short order if you have pistol off hand. Shroud is great utility even without those traits though. 

Edit, Shadow Force Bar: Was I oblivious before or did they add a text counter and mouse over percentage to the Shadow Force bar just recently? I don't remember it. If it's new, thanks.

Edited by kash.9213

They need to reduce visials for the wells AND allow shadowstepping in Keineng strike center platform, i had no choice but to eat the kitten spins, and when i tried shadowstepping out, NO VALID PATH.

cant see the visuals with all the AoE wells and it got the the point we all took too many hits during well upkeep. They need to make it GAMEWIDE to see the unfriendly AoE/or enemy targeting UI ON TOP of ally visuals. its a real hinderance and too much clutter

• Thanks 2

On 3/30/2022 at 8:01 AM, kash.9213 said:

You should still be able to cycle group bursts of RWV with CS and Shroud though in pve and not have to hug a single target all the time. You can take Shadestep also that should let you put out a couple of group RWV bursts in short order if you have pistol off hand. Shroud is great utility even without those traits though. 

Edit, Shadow Force Bar: Was I oblivious before or did they add a text counter and mouse over percentage to the Shadow Force bar just recently? I don't remember it. If it's new, thanks.

I don't know what you mean by shroud is great utility? To me it's very mediocre and clunky utility if you compare it to say firebrand tomes or even reaper shroud.

and yes we finally got numbers for shadow force! yay!

Edited by Scorcher.6428

10 hours ago, Scorcher.6428 said:

I don't know what you mean by shroud is great utility? To me it's very mediocre and clunky utility if you compare it to say firebrand tomes or even reaper shroud.

and yes we finally got numbers for shadow force! yay!

Maybe it's perspective and game mode. Where I'm at I like having the condi cleanse, self heal, leap, and two blasts and Mind Shock is nice prep. Plus there's interaction with weapon and utility skills. 

Mind Shock

The AoE growing beneath the specter needs to be green for the specter and its allies and red for enemies. 
I have seen too many people use their dodges on Mind Shock in strikes instead of the strike mechanics. I have even dodged it myself thinking I had an AoE under me…

Edited by Geiir.7603
Formatting
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 4/1/2022 at 11:35 AM, Geiir.7603 said:

Mind Shock

The AoE growing beneath the specter needs to be green for the specter and its allies and red for enemies. 
I have seen too many people use their dodges on Mind Shock in strikes instead of the strike mechanics. I have even dodged it myself thinking I had an AoE under me…

I'd also like to reiterate this idea. Changing Mind Shock's expanding circle to a different color in the player view would be a MASSIVE improvement. Changing it to green, or maybe even a thematically appropriate purple(?), would be a great fix.

The amount of hostile mechanics throughout the game that use the same animation is beyond counting, but just as a recent piece of content example - look at the Kaineng Overlook strike. Throughout almost the entire fight, players will get expanding red circles of various sizes that deal massive AoE squad damage. Using Mind Shock is a pretty dangerous gamble on that encounter, and several others. 

Edited by Graphics.3475
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Graphics.3475 said:

I'd also like to reiterate this idea. Changing Mind Shock's expanding circle to a different color in the player view would be a MASSIVE improvement. Changing it to green, or maybe even a thematically appropriate purple(?), would be a great fix.

The amount of hostile mechanics throughout the game that use the same animation is beyond counting, but just as a recent piece of content example - look at the Kaineng Overlook strike. Throughout almost the entire fight, players will get expanding red circles of various sizes that deal massive AoE squad damage. Using Mind Shock is a pretty dangerous gamble on that encounter, and several others. 

purple isnt a good idea as it mixes with well colors. in fact the wells and the aoes are so confusing i have people in my squad/party dodge away from me AND the well effects overwrite unfriendly AoE indicators KEY to surviving. The unfriendly AoE needs to be priority on TOP layer than the wells and in fact ALL aoes across all professions. its too clustered

Not gameplay feedback, but here's something I wanted to leave here in case it gets noticed.

There is currently a possibility to completely block off completion progress for elite spec "Possession" collection if you manage to explore Seitung Province before unlocking the elite spec itself, as no other "Specter's Cache" grants you that progress.

This is really bad, as it not only locks you out of a free Ascended weapon, but an ascended amulet, accessory and a ring. This is even worse if you're a new player. And the only way to deal with this right now is to create a new burner thief character, level again to 80, unlock Spectre and only then go re-explore Seitung on that new character. This is a huge waste of time and an enormous punishment for something a player could not have known beforehand when playing the game organically.

I implore this be changed to any Specter's Cache or something else that doesn't rely on overworld exploration completion. Or if you still decide to stick by that requirement, give us a way to gain those outside of EoD full map exploration (like in the Arborstone for prophet shards or something).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I would really love some party condi cleanse on Healspecter. Taking Signet of Agility to just cleanse 3 condis on 30 sec cd feels really bad when you need your utility skills for healing/alac. Please just give us a trait in shadow arts to cleanse atleast 1-2 conditions from allies when you do a thing (stealth/steal/shadowstep/stealth attack idk).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rhythmuskorb.4036 said:

I would really love some party condi cleanse on Healspecter. Taking Signet of Agility to just cleanse 3 condis on 30 sec cd feels really bad when you need your utility skills for healing/alac. Please just give us a trait in shadow arts to cleanse atleast 1-2 conditions from allies when you do a thing (stealth/steal/shadowstep/stealth attack idk).

Hungering Darkness trait to tethered ally

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Asur.9178 said:

They said:

Yeah, i am aware that you actually have a lot of options of cleansing you and one of your allies but i would really love the ability to either cleanse a small amount frequently or cleanse a larger amount via traits in the shadows line on a higher cd.

I was healing T4's for example and the Bleed Fire Instability basically just made me super useless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FreshF.5793 said:

Could you please add "Rot Wallow Venom" from Specter to the trait
"Leeching Venoms" https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leeching_Venoms from Shadow Arts-Line?

Would only make sense, since it's a Venom.

Wouldn't that kind of give us the only Tormenting Runes reversion? I'd still be down though, kind of making a big choice going SA anyway. 

The allied targeting of Specter isn't very useful in PvE while it has its place in PvP. Unfortunately, targeting allies in PvE, instead of an enemy, can happen frequently and is an unnecessary complication for the majority of Specter PvE builds.

As such, it would be really nice to have a toggle for enemy only targeting. We already have an option, and a toggle, for allied only targeting but it would be wonderful to have this extended to enemy only. That way, a modifier key could be held down or a toggle pressed for the rare occasions in PvE where ally targeting is useful (Ensolyss orb capture for example) without it being a hindrance during other moments of PvE gameplay.

Thanks!

I don't know if anyone posted this already but marvelous torment actually generates too much shroud in ow especially if you already have some from a previous battle. I would just reduce shroud gen and increase damage buff.

Also if you read this far I'm the forum I give you permission to applaud your self and give yourself a pat on the back

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/22/2022 at 11:14 AM, FreshF.5793 said:

Could you please add "Rot Wallow Venom" from Specter to the trait
"Leeching Venoms" https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leeching_Venoms from Shadow Arts-Line?

Would only make sense, since it's a Venom.

1.- I tested it sometime ago and they worked together, but the healing done relies on your allies healing power so it isn't very strong and you can't even see the numbers because both healing and damage counts towards your ally. Anyways it shouldn't works as it is stated that it should just work on venom utilities. Also if you want to use it to heal yourself I've already tried to give me Rot Wallow Venom though Rune of the Sanctuary and Signet of Malice and you can't give the venom to yourself, just to allies. I feel this is due to balance issues because this sinergy would be pretty strong specially for PvP.

2.- For me, Specter is very well designed for PvE, they said it to be a single target support but that isn't the case in the practice. Of course you excel at overhealing a single target, but you have a very nice party support. What I think that should be changed is Measured Shot teleport. I think it should be a ground targeted teleport and then shoot to your selected ally or foe because relying your positioning to your allies puts you on a very bad spot.

For PvP I don't like Specter since nerfs. I don't miss the damage from Sc/D 3 but I was happy to be more tanky thanks to Hungering Darkness sustain. This gave thief a new role in the match since a very long time but now it isn't worth playing anymore. You die too easily to condis or CC with this trait as it is now. You could pick some SA traits to remove condis while stealthed but you don't have that much access to stealth since you can't combo with scepter, your initiative is low and you usually want to run wells as utilities for some mobility.

It's a pitty that nerfs have made scepter almost useless in PvP. Scepter 2, Shadow Sap needs some kind of condi dps (probably poison for the utility) to be usable as its sinergy with Rune of the Aristocracy isn't that strong if you just can do strike damage with it. With that said, you could remove poison from Twilight Combo, maybe even some torment and reduce the iniciative cost again, and maybe the strike damage coeficient a little since scepter strike damage capabilities feel too strong for a support class.  This would do strike damage builds less strong and spammy as they wouldn't have everything they need just pressing 3. This said it's also worth mentioning that Shadow Shroud damage coeficients may be a little strong compared to conditions they apply.

For Sc/P I feel like the teleport change I mentioned early to Measured Shot would be pretty good and balanced as you aren't able to spam it for mobility outside of combat without a target for Endless Night, also spending 6 initiative per use. On the other side, Endless Night feels both strong and weak at the same time. The casting time is very long and this makes it very easy to miss, but if you are able to land everything it's a lot of damage and slow, decreasing your foe's dps.

Another thing scepter is missing is comboing capacity, Shadow Sap and Twilight Combo are very likely to be projectiles while Measured Shot could be a leap for stealth with Black Powder.

This changes would give Specter that feeling of negative support though negative buffs like poison, weakness, freezing, blind and slowness at least in PvP where I feel we doesn't need a role as dps since we already have Deadeye (wich could also be improved a little but that's another topic) and we don't need a roamer since we have Daredevil. Specter would fill a role more of a duelist able to take fights on 1v1 and to help their team though some negative buffs, control and regular dps.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else feel like "Shallow Grave" is kind of like a "Last Refuge 2.0" (An old trait Thieves spent years begging to be removed because it got us killed randomly).

I'm surprised to see it in a WvW Meta, the trait feels awful to me. There's no indicator on it's downtime so it's a gamble on if you should use Shroud manually and risk instantly turning it off because the trait proc'd a split second before you pressed the button. Also; 300 seconds in WvW is pretty gross.

I rather have any sort of consistant damage trait, or something to fix lack of movement speed. /shrugs. The first three traits don't offer anything for DPS builds.

• Like 2