how do you do skills when afk?

mezzer.4096

14 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

In a thread called 'how do you do skills when afk?' Sure Jan.

Or it’s a simple question because they saw others they thought were AFK and was wondering how they were using skills.  You’re making an assumption about the OP when there are other reasons to ask such a question without a motive to put it to personal use. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

So now we’ve gone from complaining about afk farmers to giving instruction on how to do it.

These forums are a wonder indeed.

Being curious about something does not equal to being intent on doing it. If that were the case, there would be millions of serial murderers out there at any given time, for example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

Being curious about something does not equal to being intent on doing it. If that were the case, there would be millions of serial murderers out there at any given time, for example.

Gruesome.

Now I’m imagining a thread titled, “how do you repeatedly kill vulnerable people?” With initial post “is it in choosing the right groups to target?”

Yeah, I see your point.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, mezzer.4096 said:

so since it does not work for me, I am guessing the other players are using something else to activate it which is probably against the rules

so should I report them?

the skill you are using has to be a non targeted skill , aka it affects area around your character, or your character. Skills that need you to select a area of efect do NOT fall under this category.

my 2 cents on auto-attack is make it time boxed (5 min is more then enough)

The purpose of the Auto-Attack feature is to make it so that you are not required to hit the 1 key over and over and over in every single fight.

Essentially, it causes your character to automatically hit the 1 skill for you during combat in between the other attacks you are (should be) doing.

They let you reassign which skill gets auto-activated during combat which really doesn't have much value since most skills have cooldowns that renders the auto-attack useless, but it is an option for those who want to mash 1. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

The purpose of the Auto-Attack feature is to make it so that you are not required to hit the 1 key over and over and over in every single fight.

Essentially, it causes your character to automatically hit the 1 skill for you during combat in between the other attacks you are (should be) doing.

They let you reassign which skill gets auto-activated during combat which really doesn't have much value since most skills have cooldowns that renders the auto-attack useless, but it is an option for those who want to mash 1. 

I can't get it to work on any 1 skill I tried, staff, bow, axe

5 minutes ago, mezzer.4096 said:

I can't get it to work on any 1 skill I tried, staff, bow, axe

You have to target an enemy that is within attack range of the skill, then begin combat with them by hitting any skill. After that, 1 should be automatically used over and over until the enemy either dies or moves out of range (or moves behind you).

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Showing somehow how to set a skill to auto is hardly an instruction to AFK farming. 

It is when they specifically asked how to do it so they could AFK. But they weren't asking specifically about farming, maybe they just want to go to can. But then again, one could just hop on their dragon and hover.

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mezzer.4096 said:

ok finally found a skill that it works on..nightfall

And thus another AFK Reaper farmer is born...

Technically so long as you are present at your keyboard and are able to respond to a GM that might show up you are not AFK farming. So setting Nightfall to AA, with a bunch of minions out in a very convenient spot where lots of mobs spawn and then watching youtube/netflix in another window is allowed so long as you are even somewhat monitoring your GW2 window.

So when you see all those reapers hanging out, the odds are that at least some of them aren't truly AFK. The turret engis that you see can't be AFK because they have to respawn their turrets in order to keep doing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And thus another AFK Reaper farmer is born...

Technically so long as you are present at your keyboard and are able to respond to a GM that might show up you are not AFK farming. So setting Nightfall to AA, with a bunch of minions out in a very convenient spot where lots of mobs spawn and then watching youtube/netflix in another window is allowed so long as you are even somewhat monitoring your GW2 window.

I always try to strike up conversations with them, but curiously, they never answer.  

Probably just concentrating too hard.

😢

Edited by Gibson.4036