Should Anet fix the oversaturated green jade like it was in GW1?

Should Anet fix the oversaturated green jade like it was in GW1?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should Anet fix the oversaturated green jade like it was in GW1?

• Tint it right like in Gw1, the oversaturated green doesn't look good.
    • Keep it I like the green

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 2:02 PM, Faridah.8431 said:

Exactly, so what's with the low res, textureless, crappy looking jade blocks that are also lime jello green with so far no explanation given (just speculation about Dragon magic in this thread).

"Lime Jello Green" 

Thank you. I just now got around to watching a video of it and was trying to think of how to describe it. GW1 GWAMM, here. Very disappointed. It looks absurd. :classic_dry:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

On 12/4/2021 at 5:45 AM, WaveIn.4091 said:

End of Dragons is magical and perfect

Oh, you've already played it? :classic_ohmy: Great! Tell us more.

On 12/4/2021 at 5:45 AM, WaveIn.4091 said:

End of Dragons is magical and perfect (and people need to shut up about yelling at ANET seriously they’re human beings and put a lot into this)

THIS IS YELLING. This is talking. 😉

So, everything any person has ever produced may not be criticized? - Sorry, this is a forum, people post what they think and feel, not only what's pleasing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

On 12/19/2021 at 11:45 PM, Taris.9730 said:

"Lime Jello Green" 

Thank you. I just now got around to watching a video of it and was trying to think of how to describe it. GW1 GWAMM, here. Very disappointed. It looks absurd. :classic_dry:

For some reason I can't get the idea out of my head that there should be an event in EoD with a huge group of Skritt trying to shove a huge jade block off a cliff. After successfully doing so they watch and listen expectantly for a huge *CRASH* and *CRUMBLE* sound as it lands at the bottom, but instead of that it makes a rather comical *BOING* sound as the jade block starts bouncing away with the Skritt screaming "It's aliiive! After it now!" as they chase after it.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

If, I'm simply saying if we do not see any melted jade sea regions at all or de-petrified forest parts at all after 250 year. it'll be a big let down to say the least. I somewhat expected to swim in the ex petrified jade sea with ancient sea life back to normal. And the color is just lame even if the excuse for it is that it absorbed magic. It'll take some getting used to. Very disappointed so far about a product that seems to have been rushed and uninspired. 😩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

On 11/17/2021 at 3:21 PM, Dantert.1803 said:

the jade looks right in the keyart
Concept art

btw while searching for Jade Sea references online I found this guy that actually made some crazy good jade sea textures inspired by gw1
Cool jade textures

It would look amazing if it was like this!
Please ANet make it like this!

Actually it looks like first grade drawing of jade done by children.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

It looks bad even outside of the trailer. I don't mean bad artistically, I mean it physically hurts my eyes because the color is so saturated. It's been 2 months of constant discussion over this and I haven't heard a peep of acknowledgement or response from ANet. Really alarming. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

Let's talk about real jade. I don't have a problem with the coloration. I played gw1. I went into my account and took screens of the jade from 1. Much of it is vibrant green like what is being presented for EOD. Real Jade isn't always green. When it is, there are many variation of color. There is also a difference it color that happens when you polish jade. Imperial Jade, which is what the jade looks like in what I have seen for EOD, is a bright, vibrant green color. A lot of stones/minerals have been called jade that are widely different from what we think of as jade. Below is a list of jade types. For colors of Jade, it can be white, red, pink, blue, bright green, light green, dark green, yellow. Translucence also varies a lot. 

• "African Jade" - a massive variety of green grossularite garnet found in the Transvaal Province of South Africa
  • "Amazon Jade" - amazonite, a blue-green microcline feldspar
  • "American Jade" - californite, a variety of vesuvianite
  • "Bowenite Jade" - a variety of serpentine resembling nephrite
  • "Garnet Jade" - a massive variety of green grossularite garnet
  • "Honan Jade" - a name used for a variety of jade substitutes including jade in quartz, serpentine, soapstone
  • "Mexican Jade" - green-dyed calcite or greenish travertine
  • "Indian Jade" - aventurine quartz
  • "Korean Jade" - a variety of jade look-alikes including glass, soapstone and serpentine
  • "Manchurian Jade" - soapstone
  • "Oregon Jade" - green jasper, green grossularite or other jade look-alikes found in Oregon
  • "Serpentine Jade" - varieties of serpentine that look like jade
  • "Soochow Jade" - name used for a variety of jade substitutes including jade in quartz, serpentine, soapstone
  • "South African Jade" - green grossularite found in the Transvaal Province of South Africa
  • "Transvaal Jade" - green grossularite found in the Transvaal Province of South Africa

Brang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

There are slight color variations in GW1, true, but mostly because of the lighting of zones.

I think there is a definitive jade color however, and that's the one they used in the world map, concept arts, and the color of jadeite (the mined material).

All of them are this shade:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Jadeite_Shard#/media/File:Jadeite_Shard.png

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Jade_Sea/Map

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Jade_Sea#/media/File:"Jade_Tide"_concept_art.jpg

This is the color of jade in GW, and it's simply more pleasant to look at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

This is the color of jade in GW, and it's simply more pleasant to look at.

I totally agree.

I get that ANet tried a different color for Dragon Jade to demonstrate its new corruption level, but they could have done that by using a different shade of GW1's Jade Sea color instead of that awful jelly stuff.

It's like they absolutely wanted that cyberpunky neon green for all the jade-tech apparati and therefore decided that, in consequence, Dragon Jade needed to be the same toxic neon green color. 🤢

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3