Can we please have a fight ui mode in the game menu that stops BLT and Guild windows?

Jura.2170

It's really bad when you're in a fight in wvw or pvp, and you accidentally press a button that makes your inventory, Black Lion Trading Post or Guild window appear

it freezes my computer for a few seconds every time for the guild window

Can the devs please put in the Game Menu a fight ui mode that when you turn on, it stops these things from appearing when you're in a fight?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Guild window I can understand ... maybe but how are you fumbling so much that you are reaching all the way to the other side of the keyboard? Do you have massive hands or a tiny keyboard?

My dodge keys are next to the keys that open the guild and inventory windows

Yes my keyboard is small

Sometimes I'll clicking on the screen with my mouse, and accidentally open a window too, like Hero window or BLT

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I just unbind them. There's no need to access either menu that much.

I can't unbind

I look at them lots of times every hour, especially inventory in wvw after something new comes in to it

and unbind doesnt help with clicking accidentally on the picture at the top that opens it

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jura.2170 said:

My dodge keys are next to the keys that open the guild and inventory windows

Yes my keyboard is small

Sometimes I'll clicking on the screen with my mouse, and accidentally open a window too, like Hero window or BLT

You can prevent yourself clicking on them in combat by setting the menu bar to show only out of combat. (It's in the Dynamic HUD section in the options menu.)

I think the only way to stop hitting the keyboard shortcuts is to move them. Even if you use them a lot I doubt you need to open a menu so quickly that it's important to keep it in easy reach like it is with skills, dodge etc. so you could put them on the far side of your keyboard or something. Somewhere you'll remember but which isn't right by the buttons you use in combat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You can prevent yourself clicking on them in combat by setting the menu bar to show only out of combat. (It's in the Dynamic HUD section in the options menu.)

I think the only way to stop hitting the keyboard shortcuts is to move them. Even if you use them a lot I doubt you need to open a menu so quickly that it's important to keep it in easy reach like it is with skills, dodge etc. so you could put them on the far side of your keyboard or something. Somewhere you'll remember but which isn't right by the buttons you use in combat.

It is also possible to disable those keys during combat with a combination of autohotkey and a bit of glue to access the UI state through the Mumble API.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jura.2170 said:

It's really bad when you're in a fight in wvw or pvp, and you accidentally press a button that makes your inventory, Black Lion Trading Post or Guild window appear

it freezes my computer for a few seconds every time for the guild window

Can the devs please put in the Game Menu a fight ui mode that when you turn on, it stops these things from appearing when you're in a fight?

I used to hate this too. My solution is/was just rebind all of those keys and use the icons in the upper right other than inventory/bags.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

Mine's a bit more drastic, but unintentional. I moved all the keys I use during combat to the number pad and the little block of buttons next to it. I'm left-handed so my right hand is on the keyboard, meaning I can use those and then the arrow keys to move.

That was mainly to make it easier to reach all the keys I do need by having them in one block (the fact that they're in straight lines also makes it easier for me to move my fingers between them without looking) but it's also moved them well away from everything else. I still have keyboard shortcuts for menus, mounts etc. but I'm not going to hit them by accident.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jura.2170 said:

I can't unbind

I look at them lots of times every hour, especially inventory in wvw after something new comes in to it

and unbind doesnt help with clicking accidentally on the picture at the top that opens it

Well buddy.....

Lot's of people tried to suggest the right thing.

Redo your keyboard if it interferes with your daily actions.

I don't see any reason why A-Net should spend any resources on a problem only 1 person world wide has.

At this point it is easier to contact your keyboard manufacturer.

Maybe they can change the layout of all keyboards world wide for you. This has a higher chance of being completed

• Like 3