Please delete trapDH.

Artyport.2084

No.. its not the hardest thing to counter but its stisll the laziest setup I have ever seen in a class.

Place down all your traps.

dissapear 

use a pull to push someone into them.. 

takes atleast 2 stun breaks to get out 

1 if you are lucky 

its lazy and dumb.. and its all over the place.. and its not fun to fight against.

Edited by Artyport.2084
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 10

19 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

No.. its not the hardest thing to counter but its stisll the laziest setup I have ever seen in a class.

dissapear 

use a pull to push someone into them.. 

takes atleast 2 stun breaks to get out 

1 if you are lucky 

its lazy and dumb.. and its all over the place.. and its not fun to fight against.

Address the problem that is forcing DH to play like this instead. Remove the slow on trap and make it give superspeed for 2-3s when laid. Then they can justify removing Trapper Runes.

DH's traps aren't inherently the issue. DH is known amongst most top players as the nub stomper. Similar to most high damage output specializations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This is a good example for "why gw2 has not balance in PvP and WvW".

The real problem is op classes can create massive attacks at the same time with ultimate defensive capabilities. Like guardians, they can attack you without any fear with their blocks and mediheals. Or rangers, warriors, engineers with tons of regen and take no damage skills.

I dont think anet could fix this thing. They gone too far and they never been capable to do it since the core developers left. They are try to hire some developers for creating balance but it doesnt work either.

Removing or nerfing some skills never gonna fix anything in GW2.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Agramon.4278 said:

This is a good example for "why gw2 has not balance in PvP and WvW".

The real problem is op classes can create massive attacks at the same time with ultimate defensive capabilities. Like guardians, they can attack you without any fear with their blocks and mediheals. Or rangers, warriors, engineers with tons of regen and take no damage skills.

I dont think anet could fix this thing. They gone too far and they never been capable to do it since the core developers left. They are try to hire some developers for creating balance but it doesnt work either.

Removing or nerfing some skills never gonna fix anything in GW2.

its a l2p issue at this point 😛

• Confused 1

I used to be a [DH delete pls] proponent but I've mellowed out on that. They're just spicier Deadeye. They win 1v1s but they don't have any good group presence so any focus in a team fight will delete them. Ranged pressure also deletes them. So, while you may see toxic ones in Arena, you probably won't find very many of them running that in conquest above mid gold, where they can suffer for their crimes. 

I do think it's annoying to fight, and I do still think Trapper Rune needs a rework, but it's more annoying than OP, and if they delete Trapper Runes DH will probably need additional mitigation. 

I -DONT- like how it's better than DE though. Feels like the same people who got upset that DE was pranking their guardians  when DJ was unblockable are now just doing the same thing to thieves. That's just a personal bitter hangup though, they deserve a thief counter objectively.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

It has been said before and needs to be said again.

There really isn't any inherent problem with DH. The problem is that the stealth mechanic, in the way it currently works, is bad for the game as it deeply encourages an unskillful playstyle.  Pretty much every other game with stealth has some kind of soft counter to stealth, such as an audio cue, revealing when attacking instead of on dealing damage, or semi visibility when close enough. GW2 stealth only has a hard counter ( Revealed debuff ) or no counter at all, so you either have access to an ability that makes stealth 100% useless OR you are forced to random dodge and basically play a braindead game of semi luck which is neither fun playing as the stealth character or the character without stealth since you are both pretty much just guessing.  

What they should really do is add some form of soft counter, get rid of reveal on hit because it's bad and everyone who defends it should feel bad, then buff stealth skills to have slightly longer duration. Heck they could do something as simple as "Blocking or evading an attack from a stealthed target applies revealed to them for 1s" as a baseline mechanic and the game would immediately be better in terms of interactivity with stealth builds. 

The only nerf you could possibly justify to DH right now, would be deleting rune of the trapper until stealth is reworked to be less idiotic. 

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/5/2022 at 2:13 PM, Artyport.2084 said:

Doing this leaves you with 11k hp no superspeed and no stealth for what to pull 1 person in? And hope he doesnt have 1 stunbreaker if so he lives?

I suggest playing the class a bit more. Its not hard to counter specially once you understand it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

It has been said before and needs to be said again.

There really isn't any inherent problem with DH. The problem is that the stealth mechanic, in the way it currently works, is bad for the game as it deeply encourages an unskillful playstyle.  Pretty much every other game with stealth has some kind of soft counter to stealth, such as an audio cue, revealing when attacking instead of on dealing damage, or semi visibility when close enough. GW2 stealth only has a hard counter ( Revealed debuff ) or no counter at all, so you either have access to an ability that makes stealth 100% useless OR you are forced to random dodge and basically play a braindead game of semi luck which is neither fun playing as the stealth character or the character without stealth since you are both pretty much just guessing.  

What they should really do is add some form of soft counter, get rid of reveal on hit because it's bad and everyone who defends it should feel bad, then buff stealth skills to have slightly longer duration. Heck they could do something as simple as "Blocking or evading an attack from a stealthed target applies revealed to them for 1s" as a baseline mechanic and the game would immediately be better in terms of interactivity with stealth builds. 

The only nerf you could possibly justify to DH right now, would be deleting rune of the trapper until stealth is reworked to be less idiotic. 

Why should people feel bad about reveal on target hit? We had that ages ago and it's to prevent immediate restealthing to spam stealth attacks from thief. You want to have thieves backstab-stealth-backstab for immediate death combos?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Why should people feel bad about reveal on target hit? We had that ages ago and it's to prevent immediate restealthing to spam stealth attacks from thief. You want to have thieves backstab-stealth-backstab for immediate death combos?

You are completely missing the point. 

I'm saying that revealed should be applied when the skill is being cast. 

38 minutes ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

You are completely missing the point. 

I'm saying that revealed should be applied when the skill is being cast. 

Okay, then you should have said that in the original post because it reads like reveal on hit should be removed but you didn't mention reveal on skill use at all. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Which part please debunk it.

First of all you're saying its "1 button" while also im assuming talking about a combo that takes AT LEAST 4 buttons, also it does nowhere near "20k" damage unless your target is pure glass with vuln stacks and you have 25 might. The whole attack is not unblockable thats only IF you use phase traversal first, which is once again a multi button high energy cost combo not "1 button" and you don't need to dodge the entire attack because one dodge makes the total damage negligible. To top it off if literally any other target is nearby such as a minion the attack will split its damage and becomes very weak.

You obviously just have a blind hatred for rev without understanding how it even works 

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

First of all you're saying its "1 button" while also im assuming talking about a combo that takes AT LEAST 4 buttons, also it does nowhere near "20k" damage unless your target is pure glass with vuln stacks and you have 25 might. The whole attack is not unblockable only 2 strikes and thats only IF you hit with phase traversal first which can be evaded, which is once again a multi button high energy cost combo not "1 button" and you don't need to dodge the entire attack because one dodge makes the total damage negligible. To top it off if literally any other target is nearby such as a minion the attack will split its damage and becomes very weak.

You obviously just have a blind hatred for rev without understanding how it even works 

So all other stuff you do are buffs on your self that has no chance of failure. Yeah its one button did i hurt your feelings? Is it hard to press 3 buffs before your hit some one with sword 3 or something? Yeah its 20k My Valkyrie DH Guardian in heavy armor took 23k so i'd imagine some one with toughness would take 20k, with vul and might i would have died before i knew i was dead has happened to me before with protection up. On other classes explode before the animation is even done thru a god kitten wall.

No i don't have blind hatred for Rev i've never once called for there nerf i do believe the class is the best class in the game and shiro sword 3 is a no skill burst attack move that is all in 1 button that has almost zero margin for error because it tracks is unblockable and goes through walls and it chases you all in one button therefore it is the easiest burst kill combo in the game all you have to do is buff your self which ALSO has no margin for error look at that almost like its easy.

DH's atleast have to pull you in the trap which means landing the chain AND landing the pull AND setting the traps before hand WHICH can be force poped by REV FACET HEAL oh snap look at that dh traps have a margin of error on just setting the traps before even setting up the burst cycle vs rev buff up and press 3 to close target.

I have blind hatred for no class i wish for this game to be balanced for all to enjoy it.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Genesis.5169 said:

So all other stuff you do are buffs on your self that has no chance of failure. Yeah its one button did i hurt you feelings? Is hard to press 3 buffs before your hit some one with sword 3 or something? Yeah its 20k My Valkyrie DH Guardian in heavy armor took 23k so i'd imagine some one with toughness would take 20k, with vul and might i would have outright died it has happened to me before with protection up.

No i don't have blind hatred for Rev i've never once called for there nerf i do believe the class is the best class in the game and shiro sword 3 is a no skill burst attack move that is all in 1 button that has almost zero margin for error because it tracks is unblockable and goes through walls and it chases you all in one button therefore it is the easiest burst kill combo in the game all you have to do is buff your self which ALSO has no margin for error look at that almost like its easy.

DH's atleast have to pull you in the trap which means landing the chain AND landing the pull AND setting the traps before hand WHICH can be force poped by REV FACET HEAL oh snap look at that dh traps have a margin of error on just setting the traps before even setting up the burst cycle vs rev buff up and press 3 to close target.

I have blind hatred for no class i wish for this game to be balanced for all to enjoy it.

So you literally just admited to your comment being objectively false hyperbole 

Just like i said

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

So you literally just admited to your comment being objectively false hyperbole 

Just like i said

Uh..?
What?
Hmm..i guess mixing satire with critique may have lost you well im not explaining it again so i wish you well.

Edited by Genesis.5169
Do you think it hyperbole cause i dont want to nerf it? Its true have been one shot many times by that single move.
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Uh..?
What?
Hmm..i guess mixing satire with critique may have lost you well im not explaining it again so i wish you well.

You claim it was one button while also admitting to it ACTUALLY  being a combo of 4 buttons.

And you are still falsely claiming the attack does 20k damage and "one shots" people which is again  objectively false hyperbole 

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 1